“Reliably solid” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Jackson
Austin, Texas
“Reliably solid”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Two stays within a week and a half period during a recent Texas-to-Ohio drive and back confirmed the buzz about this place for me. Thoroughly enjoyed our stays at the Marriott Courtyard in Jackson. And yes, Mr. Shelley is an outstanding employee and a great help to guests. I even told him he was famous on Trip Advisor.com. Very large rooms which are clean and include satisfactory bedding and mattresses. Wi-fi Internet was lightning fast. The bathrooms were also spacious and clean with good amenities. I would also recommend the bistro downstairs as they serve Starbucks. Delicious breakfasts and the folks working there were very customer oriented. About the only blemish I experienced here was finding a bug crawling on the floor of our room. Thankfully it wasn’t a bed bug or roach. All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
JC S, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Jackson, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Portastorm

Thank you so much for staying with us! It's because of our guests like you that make it possible to be famous. I hope we have the opportunity of having you with us again. If you have any additional comments, please do not hesitate to let us know. You can reach us anytime at (731)422.1818, or you can contact me directly at jcvistahost@gmail.com. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

In July, I traveled from Dallas, TX to Erwin, TN by car with my dog, Sandy. The trip is two long days of driving along I-30 and I-40, punctuated by traffic in metropolitan areas and slow downs due to road work. Each day was about eight hours of travel time, slightly expanded because dogs are definitely ones for seeing the trees more than the forest. Jackson, TN is the halfway point on this trip. I had booked my room in advance, and really didn't know what to expect in Jackson. When I arrived at the Courtyard Jackson, I was delighted. We were greeted by a staff that was cheerful and ready to make our stay very relaxing. They praised my dog, Sandy and quickly had us into a first floor room by a side door--perfect for getting out for walks. The room was very clean and well appointed. The desk had a business center where I could use the wi-fi the hotel offers for free. The flat screen television had a great picture and programming. The bed was among the best I have slept in while staying in a hotel. While I did not use the eating area--preferring to dine in my room--I noticed there were several booths offering a cozy conversational eating area with individual televisions. The food was prepared quickly, and was good. The hotel is located just a short distance from the highway, facilitating a quick and easy continuation of our journey. When I repeated the visit on the return trip to Dallas, I was equally please. The staff recognized us, and as usual my dog drew high praise for her looks and good behavior. This is a really good hotel for travelers, and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a dog, ask for a room by the side door on the first floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

JC S, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Jackson, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
rwether,

Sounds like you're doing quite a bit of traveling! Thank you so much for adding us along your route to stay. I'm so glad we were able to have you, the family, Sandy taken care of. If you have the opportunity to return, please don't hesitate to stop by. We look forward to offering you all that same level of service that you've now come to expect from us. Contact us any time at (731)422.1818 if you have any additional comments, or you can reach me directly at jcivstahost@gmail.com. Thank you!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We were making a cross country trip with my dog and when researching dog-friendly hotels, I found the Courtyard Jackson. The staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. (Cornelius was super nice and efficient). They even wanted to meet my dog to give him a treat. They gave us a room on the first floor near an exit door which was perfect for taking the dog outside. The way they treat pets goes a long way in my book! The hotel itself is very clean and up to date. It felt new. They have a nice bar/bistro area right off of the lobby which is open early and stays open late for road weary travelers. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
KAGM58,

Thank you for stopping by and staying with us! I am so glad Cornelius was super nice and efficient. We are truly lucky to have him as a team member. Please come back and see us. We look forward to seeing you and your dog again! If you have any additional comments, give us a call at (731)422.1818, or you can reach me at jcvistahost@gmail.com.
Lakeway, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Over time, between business and leisure (not enough of the latter), I've become more of a Marriott person. Their hotels are consistently clean, comfortable, and well-located.

This hotel is no exception. Figured Jackson was about halfway between Texas and DC (was I ever wrong), so we had dinner in Memphis and spent the night in Jackson. The staff were very friendly and helpful, gave us great directions for a local donut place in the morning, and were very accomodating. The rooms are clean and the facility was nice. Internet access was free (of course) and had little latency. The location is right off the freeway, so we lost no time getting back on the road in the morning. And having two queen beds for my crew was really nice.

Room Tip: It's all good.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
JC S, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Jackson, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
SaltWaterCroc

I am so glad we were able to meet your expectations! I hope you enjoyed the donuts, too! If you have the opportunity to return to Jackson, please do not hesitate to stop by. We're not going anywhere and would love to have you back with us! Please let us know if you have any additional comments. You can reach us at (731)422.1818, or you can contact me directly at jcvistahost@gmail.com. Thank you!
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I will definitely return to the Courtyard when I am in Jackson on business, Friendly staff, clean rooms, great business center to print off a couple of documents that I needed. The lobby is nicely appointed and my room was as well. The only slight negative would be the lack of dining options in the immediate vicinity of the hotel. You have to get back on the interstate and go down an exit or two find more restaurants. No big deal really and it will definitely not keep me from staying here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tack6153,

We really appreciate the wonderful comments! I apologize for the small distance for your dining options, but I am glad that did not detour your stay with us. We hope you have the opportunity to return, and look forward to serving you in the future. If you have any additional comments, please let us know. Call any time at (731)422.1818, or you can reach me directly at jcvistahost@gmail.com. Thanks!
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This is a really top notch hotel in every way and an outstanding value at the price. The WiFi internet connection was excellent (8 MB/S) and supported both Skype and Netflix video with no problems.
We had a double room (two queen beds) which was immaculate. I took advantage of both the the small indoor pool and the spa, which were perfect in every way.
Our shower regulator was broken and it was impossible to adjust it for warm water. Just the slightest movement and it went from freezing to scalding, so I had to take a cold shower. When we reported the problem to the front desk at checkout, they were most apologetic and gave us a card for two free breakfasts in the restaurant.
The breakfast room in the lobby has a varied menu of eggs and breakfast sandwiches at very reasonable prices. The half circle booths with built in TV were a nice touch.
All of the staff were very professional and helpful in every way.
We had an excellent teppanyaki dinner at the Ichiban a short distance away.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
JC S, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Jackson, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Ernest S

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! Again, I do apologize for the incident with the water temperature regulator. Maintenance has since then corrected the problem, but I am really glad we were able to still earn your satisfaction. Your comments truly mean a lot and will only help us better ourselves. If you have any further comments or concerns, please contact us at (731)422.1818, or you can reach me any time at jcvistahost@gmail.com. Thank you again!!
New Albany, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Though we've visited Jackson several times in the past on week-end get-a-ways, this is the first time we've stayed in this hotel. It's location is great, with beautiful, spacious rooms. The staff was friendly, courteous, and exceptionally efficient. While talking with J.C. Shelley(the nicest Guest Service Manager ever) he learned that we were celebrating our 49th wedding anniversary. When we returned to our room after lunch, we had received a great fruit basket with a "Happy Anniversary" balloon! This personal touch made us feel very special. Thanks J. C. and Courtyard Marriott!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
JC S, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Jackson, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Betty Dowdy W,

Thank you so much! I'm just glad we could make your anniversary just a little more special, and I am truly delighted you all enjoyed the fruit basket. It was a pleasure having you two with us, and we look forward to the opportunity of serving you again. If you have any additional comments, please give us a call at (731)422.1818, or you can reach me directly any time at jcvistahost@gmail.com. Thank you!

Been to Courtyard Jackson? Share your experiences!