“An almost perfect hotel except....” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Jackson
“An almost perfect hotel except....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel, nice large rooms that are very clean. Restaurant on site. Easy on and off I40.

So what's the problem? It's I40. The hotel is almost in the right east bound lane of I40.

My room was on the 3rd floor facing I40. The highway noise was incessant. It is so loud the hotel should give ear plugs to all guests in rooms facing the highway.

If you book a room in this hotel, ask for a room on the front of the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
JC S, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Jackson, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
GuardDog61

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments with us. I apologize for the incessant road noise during your stay, but I am glad we were still able to offer a convenient and clean room for you over night. I hope we have the opportunity to offer you the same level of cleanliness and convenience in the future, but with a much quieter room. Contact us anytime at (731)422.1818, or you can reach me directly via email at jcvistahost@gmail.com. Thank you again!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

(I should have taken the advice of a previous review we read.) After driving for more than seven hours, we stopped at the first hotel on the road after exiting the interstate. Granted, it was 2:20am, but the desk clerk just held up a finger to signal, "WAIT," instead of greeting or acknowledging me over the intercom. The door was locked and she was taking someone's money who was buying a late night snack inside. After more than two minutes, she come to the intercom and told me what type of room she had. It was so loud and distorted, I could not understand her. After several attempts, I thanked her and said nevermind. I was dressed in nice clothes and driving a luxury sports car, so I don't think she was afraid.

The next hotel on the street is the Courtyard Jackson. Doors open, one desk clerk training another and both greeted me as though they were expecting me. Oustanding attention and customer service and the room was fantastic. Too bad we were only there for 5.5 hours before getting back on the road. I will definitely stay here when in the Jackson, TN area in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west end are easy to access. I didn't want to use the elevator, so the stairs were...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
JC S, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Jackson, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Hey!!!

I am so glad we were able to get you taken care of. We pride ourselves in sincere kindness and genuine hospitality, and I'm pleased to hear that my guest representatives were able to offer that level of service to you. If you have any other comments or concerns, feel free to contact us at anytime. We can be reached at (731)422.1818, or you can reach me directly via email at jcvistahost@gmail.com. Thank you again!!!
Franklin, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stay here everytime we visit Jackson. Beautiful hotel and very clean. It's home away from home. The relaxed atmosphere, the fire pits, the Bistro are great, but the service is fantastic. The service is top notch and very accomodating. J.C. Shelley is the BEST. He is a fine young man and we enjoy getting to know him. Give that man a raise! We highly recommend this hotel to everyone we meet.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
SarahScokin, Manager at Courtyard Jackson, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Greetings Tina L,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a FANTASTIC review of our property! We strive to create a home away from home experience for our guests and I appreciate you letting us know that we are succeeding in our efforts! I am so excited that you took the time to mention our Guest Service Supervisor, JC! We truly are blessed to have him on our team! I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to share your experiences with the trip advisor audience and your many kind words regarding our staff, and property. Please feel free to contact either myself or JC the next time you come to the Jackson area, I know we would both be more than delighted to be able to thank you in person!

Best regards,

Sarah Scokin
coach.mklri@vistahost.net
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

We live this hotel! Super clean, super friendly! This hotel has it all! Pet friendly is a major plus. It has a great outdoor fire pit for those cool nights. The bistro is nice and the food is perfect. If you ever come to Jackson stay here!! Love it. If I ever come back thru My family and I will stay here every time.

• Stayed October 2012
JC S, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Jackson, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Hey!!!

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great comment for our property and our service. We take pride and sincerity in offering a great level of guest satisfaction. If there are any other comments or concerns you'd like to leave us, please feel free to do so. You can reach us at the property at (731)422.1818, or you can contact me directly at <jcvistahost@gmail.com>. Thank you again, and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again when you do return to Jackson!!
Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I normally stay at a Hampton Inn. But we were pulling through Jackson late at night and there was the Courtyard and a Hampton side by side. I pulled up to the Hampton and they would not unlock the door. Wanted to have a conversation by intercom. I went next door to the Courtyard and was treated very professionally. The rooms were VERY comfortable. Breakfast was not free like it is at Hampton. But the room was also $10 cheaper so it really didn't matter. The restaurant in the lobby is Fantastic!!! They cook whatever you want whether it's on the menu or not. Great service. Very stylish lobby. Very impressed. Highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
JC S, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Jackson, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Hey!!!

I appreciate the wonderful comments you've left with us, and I'm glad we were able to accommodate you during your stay with us here at the Courtyard. We do try to make our bistro options affordable, considering we do not offer the complimentary breakfast. If you have any other comments or concerns, feel free to let me know. You can contact me at the hotel at 731.422.1818, or via email at <jcvistahost@gmail.com>. Again, thank you and I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

J.C. Shelley
Dyersburg, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Overnight family stay. Overall nice comfortable room that needed a few light maintenance touch-ups. Nice lobby and outdoor firepit area. No continental breakfast included. No one seemed truly glad you were a guest staying there. We've stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites next door before and had a great experience. Unless you insist on a Marriott family hotel, we would strongly recommend going next door to HI&S. Ironically they are both owned by the same hotel group.

• Stayed September 2012
JC S, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Jackson, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Hello!!

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review for us!! I'm glad you were able to enjoy our lobby and fire pit area. I do apologize that we did not seem more appreciative with your staying with us, but we would love the opportunity to have you return to the Courtyard and earn your satisfaction. Please contact me at the hotel at 731-422-1818 or reach me by email at jcvistahost@gmail.com if we can make any future arrangements. Thank you again. Your comments are appreciated.

JC Shelley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Newer hotel, but it is in an out of the way place. No restaurants nearby. Hotel and bistro taxes were outrageous. Fitness equipment and exercise area were not very good considering the price paid for the room. Staff were extremely friendly and went out of their way to make you feel welcome and take care of your needs. Room maintenance needed some attention to detail, there were black marks on the wall that should have been cleaned or repainted in the entrance of the room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Natalie S, Manager at Courtyard Jackson, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We appreciate you bringing the room details and fitness equipment to our attention. I am glad to hear that our staff took very good care of you. Our exit is an up and coming location, so we are hoping to see some restaurant development in the near future. We would love to have you back at the Courtyard if you are ever in the area! If you would like to make any future reservations, please contact the hotel directly at 731-422-1818 or e-mail us at courtyardjackson@gmail.com. Again, thank you for reviewing our property, we appreciate your comments!

Natalie Shappa

Been to Courtyard Jackson? Share your experiences!