“Economical and relatively clean” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Jackson
Norfolk
“Economical and relatively clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I found this reservation on sale at priceline.com for about $50, so I figured that we would give it a try despite some mixed reviews on trip advisor. All in all it was a pretty good stay. Check-in was a snap after a long day. I was in and out in about 1 minute.
The room was updated as the hotel responded to a recent critic. Flat screen tv w/cable, newer decor, decent paint/wallpaper, etc. We only found one unidentifiable stain on a bed and it was on a comforter which we never use anyway. We also read in the info book in the room that the hotel had roll-away beds, but upon requesting one we were informed that they did not.
Breakfast is exceptional for the price of the room. Eggs/sausage (fast food style), biscuits, gravy, fruit, 2 types of milk, coffee, juices, cereal. The cereal was tricky as there is a lid on the bottom of the dispenser that you have to remove in order for it to work and the juice machine had not been turned on when we were there, but the desk clerk did so upon request.
All in all, I recommend staying here if you don't mind smaller rooms with a few surprises along the way. It saved us some $ as we paid for two nights what other hotels in this area charged for one.

Room Tip: look around for the best prices!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Carolynn H, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Carriage House Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 731-664-3030.

Carolynn Hayes
Sales & Marketing
BEST WESTERN Carriage House Inn & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

Pretty dirty and run down place. Motel style lodging, not a hotel with any "suites." Room was decently clean. HVAC unit was incredibly loud, even on lowest setting. Shower was busted. Very difficult to find and get to the parking lot. Breakfast was not great, but better than some places. It looked appetizing until an elderly lady was kind enough to walk up and down the bar touching everything and violently coughing on the food. I bid 72 for a night in this place on priceline, and with fees and charges it came out to $90. Soooo not worth the cost. There's a doubletree right down the road that will happily accept $75 a night plus tax. If it weren't so expensive I wouldn't be so disappointed. This place isn't worth more than $55 a night total.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Carolynn H, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Carriage House Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank for taking the time to list your comments concerning your stay. Please know that we do appreciate our guest’s concerns, good or bad so that we can know what we might be doing well and what we need to improve on.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guest in the future.

I was concerned with your comments regarding the appearance of the hotel. Our hotel has been renovated, remodeled, and we have replaced all rooms with new carpet. This has been ongoing for the past couple of years. We now offer a Hot Complimentary Deluxe Breakfast. We have 32" Flat Screen TV's with 99 Channels and HBO. All rooms have Microwave/Fridge/Hairdryer, Complimentary Wi-Fi and Business Center.

We have several suites to offer all with sofa beds & two flat screen TV’s : King Size Beds , Smoking or Non Smoking Suites, Double Queens & a Jacuzzi suite available.

avail yourself of our expertise again in the future.

There are several different price ranges of hotels in Jackson to choose from, Double Tree is an Outstanding Hotel and the rates start at $140.00 plus tax.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

The girl at the desk was so young..but after speaking with her i realized she was so mature and so incredibly nice. Southern hospitality at its best. The room was convienient and breakgast was phenominal.

• Stayed October 2011
Thank you so much for taken the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve. You are helping us deliver a superior experience for oyu and other guest in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me.

We appreciate your loyality to our brand.
Kimberling City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed here even after we read the reviews. Big mistake! This hotel is in need of much updating and a cleaning staff that knows how to vacuum and make beds. Also, if you are a single person and have no other choice, please request a room on the front side.The back side is poorly lit but the front has the highway traffic noise. The only good thing was the hot breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Carolynn H, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Carriage House Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 26, 2012

Jackson, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

My experience at the Best Western Carriage House Inn & Suites in Jackson, TN was wonderful southern hospitality with a outstanding Hot Breakfast and very clean rooms. I will be sharing this experience with all my friends and family.

Room Tip: any location your choose, you will be happy.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me.

We appreciate your loyality to our brand.
Charlotte
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

This hotel was very dated and unsavory appearing. It looked strikingly like the Motel 6 next door that advertised a much lower rate. The first room I was given was dirty. It smelled, there was a hair on the very dated bedspread, there were stains on the sheets, the sheets were not even on the bed properly and the carpet was dirty and needed vacuumed. The floor between the night stand and bed (clearly visable) had probably not been vacuumed in months. There was metallic confetti, food crumbs and dust bunnies there. I asked to be moved and was moved next door. The second room was better but stil dated. The front desk person noted white things on the caprpet and said they were stuccoing or plastering in the front and that was just the stuff that blew in. She offered to get a vacuum and sweep it, but I told her no. I noticed the suite had a LR and a seperate BR. This was 2 rooms that had been converted into a suite. I realized this because although my door said 102, and the door next to mine from the outside said 103, that door should have been in my BR, but wasn't. It had been walled over inside.

Room Tip: Don't stay there.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

San Antonio, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

My husband and I were traveling from Ohio to Texas. We reserved the room while we were still within a 4 hour driving distance. We picked a 'middle grade' hotel based on price, figuring it wouldn't be too bad.

Upon pulling up we realized this is a hotel we stayed at three years prior. It wasn't a great place then, but must have really went down hill. The service was alright, though the woman behind the counter made a snide comment about every time she tries to eat someone shows up and wasn't that just her luck. Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you were working?

The room was a king non smoking on the first floor. It smelled horrible of mold. I am thinking perhaps all the flooding in the Nashville area affected this area as well. I was seriously concerned about the amount of mold I could be inhaling. - The bedding looked updated, but the bed was really odd. It almost felt like a memory foam, but our feet were at a higher level than our heads. The pillows were supposed be a standard pillow, but were very worn down and almost was a half of a standard pillow. We each slept on two stacked on top of each other and had no pillows to fill out the rest of the bed. There was a lot of patches on the wall. It overall felt dirty. I hated walking on the floor with bare feet. The bathroom light took a while to flicker on. When my husband tried to iron while I blew dry my hair we blew a fuse and the electricity went out.

Would recommend the Japanese restaurant in front of the place. They were very sweet spirited and great food/service.

We were humored that we had stayed here before and had forgotten and accidentally booked the same place, but the humor of it all was the best part. Would not recommend or do it again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Encourage you to submit your thoughts. Again, thank you.

Been to BEST WESTERN Carriage House Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!