“Poop like substance on the sheets!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Jackson

You added Knights Inn Jackson to your Saves list
Knights Inn Jackson
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2659 North Highland, I-40 and North Highland, Exit 82-B, Jackson, TN 38305   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 25% Summer Sale
Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in Jackson
“Poop like substance on the sheets!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

We checked in late, placed our belongings in the rooms, returned to the hospital. When we returned, we got ready for bed and pulled the covers back.
On one bed there was a dark brown substance that was dried and smeared on the sheet. If we hadn't pulled the covers back that far we would have never known it.
I went to the manager and showed him the picture, and he promised me that that was not his room. He said I must have taken the picture somewhere else. He wouldnt come look at the sheets, yet he offered me clean sheets.
While he was getting the sheets the police went by, so I decided to call them and see if they could help me out.
The police responded quickly, looked at the brown substance, and then had a talk with the manager.
The manager gave me the money back for one of the rooms, and we went somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2012
AJ J, Owner at Knights Inn Jackson, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
review removed knights inn jackson tn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

On a road trip we chose this hotel because of the price and close location to the highway. We came in around midnight and it was in the teens for temperature. Our room was so cold we stayed in our jackets. Our room temperature didn't become tolerable for two to three hours The water in our shower was only lukewarm at best. The TV didn't work and the deadbolt on the door also didn't work. Luckily we were there only to sleep and shower before driving more.

• Stayed January 2012
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

I drove here on 18 December and stayed until 21 December. The hotel is clean, tidy, and convenient to a gas station and a Waffle House - both musts for me on my road trips. The only negatives for me were the bathroom (shower curtain rod was bent, but still serviceable) and one of the bulbs in the overhead light was burnt out. I also could not keep my key whilst I was there - I had to get a staff member to let me in and out. However, the owner worked on the lock on 12.30 on 20 December and gave me a key then, so I assume that problem has been sorted and wont let it influence my rating. In a nutshell, this hotel is a good one if you are a solo traveller and only want a place to sleep, wash, and change clothes - which is all I wanted. However, if you simply must have an all-singing, all-dancing experience, pass this one by. One final protip: North Highland Street has numerous speed traps and red-light cameras. If you drive here on North Highland, keep your speed to 35MPH and don't try to outrun any yellow lights.

Room Tip: I got Room 214 - hopefully the shower rods in the other rooms are sturdier, eh? ;) I would suggest...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
AJ J, Owner at Knights Inn Jackson, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
review removed knights inn jackson tn
aberdeen
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

This was the worst place we have ever stayed. There were bugs in the bathrooms and stains on the carpet, Holes in the sheet. We could hear constant yelling from the management. Very unprofessional. Not to mention what what kind of activities they allow go on in the back of the motel. Its just plain out nasty all around.

Room Tip: Just don't waist your money. They don't refund it.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

My wife and I booked this hotel through Hotels.com. It had a 3.4 rating out of 5, so we thought it wouldn't be that bad. The truth was that it was far worse that either of us imagined.

We had to wait for 15 minutes for the hotel personnel to process our order and finally got us our keys for our room. It was difficult to see the room numbers in the dark without getting out of the car. When we found our room, it was filthy. There were empty Bacardi bottles everywhere and the bed wasn't even made. We went back to the office (you can hardly call it a front desk) and got another room. When we got inside, the room was gross. The bathroom grout was black, the light switch covers were peeling from the wall, the bed sheets had stains, and the comforter was torn. My wife even took picture to show her brother how gross the room was. It was also a smoking room, and we asked for non-smoking.

We walked outside to leave, and the hotel worker came running from the office and asked us to wait 30 minutes for him to clean the first room. He said he needed that room for a smoking customer that was coming in. It was all too much for us and we asked for a refund, which he told us we'd have to contact hotels.com and get it that way. (Which I'm happy to say actually went very well, though their estimation of how long I was on hold was off by about 5 minutes.)

Bottom line, avoid this place like the plague. It's probably disease ridden as is.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2004

Pluses - Friendly staff and nice location. Looks nice from the outside.

Minuses - Ask to see the rooms before you pay.

One room I saw had a hole in the floor in the closet that was covered by an old wash rag, and in another area of the closet there was a pipe sticking out of the floor that had a plastic bag stuffed in it.

I didn't rent a room here after checking a few rooms out.