“Traveling from Florida” 3 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Jackson to your Saves list
Days Inn Jackson
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1919 Highway 45 Bypass, Jackson, TN 38305   |
Ranked #20 of 27 Hotels in Jackson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Smithfield,Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We got in late, I was worried what we would get. Our room was just what I requested, (first floor facing parking lot), this means alot to me due to leg problems. I've stayed here many times, but it's been about ten years. Night clerk very nice, room was clean, no buggy smell, bed was very comfortable. Understand, this is an older motel, it shows here and there, but the last thing I want to do is lug my stuff across a parking lot, down a corridor, up an elevator, and down another hallway, then turn around and do it in reverse in the morning. If you want Marriot, stay at the Marriot! Worst part of stay, no ice on first floor (probably because we were so late), plenty on second level. Free breakfast in the morning was very good, all we needed before hitting the road again. On my "will do again" list.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are excellent,easy access.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MILWAUKEE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Hotel location was good. The reviews sd not to stay on the side where Taco Bell was located boy were they wrong. We had two rooms on different sides of the hotel I stayed on the side where a night club was both Friday/Saturday nite an after 1 between 3 was horrible. The other part of family that stayed where Taco Bell was had a good nights rest. I was around the corner from the hotel and needed redirection, the man who was the manager had the worst time directing me and had an attitude about doing it. The bed were nice if you like them extra firm but the rooms were clean. One problem with both rooms the sinks and tubs were clogged when you used them

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights in October whilst travelling to Arkansas. The front desk staff were friendly and check in was pretty swift however I wouldn't say it's the most professional greeting we have received on our travels.

Entrances to the rooms are external and we booked a king room, the bed was nice and comfortable, quite soft. The room was a good size however, a bit rough around the edges. There was a musty smell in the room, I think the room used to be smoking and the smell was stale smoke, cigarette burns on the bedside cabinet supported this thought. The room initially appeared to be clean enough however, it did feel like it needed a deep clean for example:

* Skirting boards were very dusty and needed a wash
* The edges of the carpet haven't been vacuumed
* The remote control was filthy I cleaned it myself in about 2 minutes
* Shower head needed replacing, had turned a bit orange
* Bedside cabinet tops were sticky and it looked like the lamp hadn't been moved for cleaning for a long time
* The sealant around the edge of the bath is a bit worn so it looks dirty, as is the non slip coating in the bottom of the bath

A couple of lamps had no bulbs (we collected some new bulbs from reception) and the paint in the bathroom has been peeling off the walls. The peeling has been patched in by blobbing different colour paint over the cracks, rather than re-painting the small section of wall.

The fridge and microwave were both clean, the wifi was fast and reliable and the air con was good at keeping the room cool but can be a bit loud overnight.

The accommodation is in a fairly busy location close to a busy road and next to a Taco Bell drive through however, we were really surprised by how peaceful it was. Our room was on the Taco Bell side of the property and we didn't hear anything at all during the day or overnight, the rooms appear to be very well sound proofed.

We can't comment about the breakfast as we didn't partake.

Personally, I would say the rooms are in need of renovation, especially a coat of paint and a deep clean. I wouldn't say it was filthy but it does have a grubby feel to it. I wouldn't stay here again unless the quality of the rooms improved.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Jackson? Share your experiences!