“old and falling apart” 2 of 5 stars

Days Inn Jackson - North Hollywood
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   2239 Hollywood Drive, I-40 Exit 79, Jackson, TN 38305   |
Ranked #21 of 26 hotels in Jackson

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We got an excellent last minute deal and we did not expect alot for the price but it was clean and comfortable while absolutly no frills-not even shampoo. We would stay there again but don't expect much more than cereal for breakfast.

Room Tip: the upper floor was quiet
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
donaldtaylor, Owner at Days Inn Jackson - North Hollywood, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Im glad you enjoyed your stay, I really don't know why there was not any soap or shampoo in your room , we do have it, I have talked to houskeeping about double checking, thank you for your review

Sincerely
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I reviewed this hotel less than 2 years ago and I loved it. It was clean and well kept, but OH how times have changed. this place is a dump. my no smoking room smells like smoke, the carpet got my socks dirty, and I'm afraid to shower because I might touch the curtains. The massive amount of weekly and monthly tenants have turned this place into a disaster. the drug deals going down in the parking lot scare me the most; and this is a week night. no security no cameras.

• Stayed May 2013
donaldtaylor, Owner at Days Inn Jackson - North Hollywood, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
I remember your review from 2011, I'm sorry that we disapointed you on your stay here this time. At this time we have been going through with some remodeling and such, and things should get much better. We dont have monthly tenants here we only have a weekly rate for people who are working here in Jackson and need a motel. I wish you would have called the desk and let us know what you saw going on so that we may have been able to take care of the problem , we dont knowingly allow drug deals on our property and had we been aware of some activity we could have made them check out. Im so sorry once again, please dont give up on us, we are working hard to fix these problems and would like for you to come back.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

This is the worse hotel I have ever stayed in. Our towels were like sand paper! Our door had holes in the bottom.. U could see out!

And the fan in the bathroom sounded like a loud motor running!!
The light bulbs were blown out...
our bedspread had holes in it!

There was a glob of something in the bathtub.. My daughter was afraid to bathe!!!!
I would not recommend this one to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013
I am so sorry for the inconvience, we are in the middle of construction and remodeling at this time, I hope you give us another chance on your way through, Im sure you will find things much better

Sincerly
Hyde Park, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

One I stayed at couple days ago was great vs this one.

Pros-Girl working the desk was nice & it was quiet.
Cons-Knob to control temp of the outdated AC/Heater was missing and when I asked whom I guess was the manager for a replacement instead of locating one, he requested another guy go to the room and adjust heat for me....I declined saying I could do that myself. Battery cover on remote was missing so I needed two hands to use it, one to hold the batteries in and the other change the channel. Spindle to hold toilet paper missing. Smoke detector hanging off the wall vs attached to the mount. Bed creeked when you moved around and sheets felt like they had sand on them, and this was after finding a crumpled up piece of tissue paper between top & bottom sheet, making me wonder had they even changed the sheets after last guest left. Pillows were paper thin. No alarm clock. Rod for sink drain was unattached. Wifi was weak. Foam coffee cups were actually juice sized. Ad in coupon book said place was remodeled, hate to have seen what it looked like before, think the remodeling consisted merely of fresh paint.

I normally go see a room before taking it, wish I had this time too.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
donaldtaylor, Owner at Days Inn Jackson - North Hollywood, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
I am so very sorry to hear that your stay was unpleasurable. There where many other ways in which your issues could have been taken care of and I'm sorry the mgr on duty did not pick the right way. We are working very hard to improve on the quality of service and our rooms, and hope that one day you will give us another try. Once again, truly sorry, and I have taken these issues up with the staff involved. Thank you for taking t ime out of your day to review our property so that we may see what we need to improve on.

Sincerely
Donald R. Taylor
Eastland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Carpet was in bad filthy condition. Air condition unit had no vents. Simply a gaping hole where air flowed through. Bathroom floor was gross. The floor was so dirty that the color of grout was a shade of black!!! To top things off the bathtub/shower had no shower curtain!!!! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013
donaldtaylor, Owner at Days Inn Jackson - North Hollywood, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
We are so sorry you had a bad experience. We just went through all 95 of our rooms and cannot find one with a shower curtain missing. Is it possible that you may have the wrong hotel. We have just recently had all our carpets cleaned, and with out a room number or name its hard for us to tell where we need to look to fix this a/c unit. Once again I do apologize for the inconvience maintenance and housekeeping are searching to try to find this room with the problems, so that we may get them addressed. Thank you for your review, please come again

Been to Days Inn Jackson - North Hollywood? Share your experiences!