“Trip to W. VA.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in Jackson
JACKSON
“Trip to W. VA.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Glad to have a nice place to sleep for the night. It was convenient to good places to eat, and a safe area for me to stop. Thanks!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

donald t, Owner at Days Inn Jackson - North Hollywood, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you very much for feedback on our facility. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your time is precious so, i really appreciated your putting aside the time to describe your experience at our motel. I am glad you got a good nights rest. Have a great day!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
savannah, tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

everything is great, clean room, nice tv and fridge and micro and entertainment center. every time we stay here it is fine. I'm sorry that others have had bad experience's. I can't wait til breakfast in the morning.

Room Tip: great room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
WOW thank you so much for such a nice review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay, we love to hear that, We are so happy you enjoyed the deluxe continental breakfast we provide and as always we look forward to seeing you again. Have a nice day

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

I am somewhat of a hotel snob. I am a Marriott rewards member- I like things extremely clean, and previously refused to stay in any MOTEL.. Nevertheless, I stayed at the Days Inn in Jackson, Tenessee during my drive from Louisiana to New York because I was so tired and couldn't push through any longer. It is not the most updated hotel/motel but I will say that my room was EXTREMELY clean. Bed sheets, bathroom, everything was very clean. I was extremely satisfied. If you're looking for a place to crash for one night and not any fancy amenities. I strongly reccomend this!

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you so much for the feedback on our facility,. We are very happy that you enjoyed your room and that you got a good nights sleep. We know your time is precious so, we really appreciate the time you put aside to tell us about your experience at our motel. We are really lucky to have guest like you and we look forward to seeing you again soon . Have a great day

San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Pros: Location near highway, upkeep of the grounds (except the pool area), price (it is a value considering the price/quality balance)

Cons: Location in run down area but its just off the highway, somewhat shady clientel hanging around at night (hotel really cant help this), long term guests staying here, internet didn't work, no newspapers, breakfast

I checked in at night and the guy was reallllllly slow. He was so slow that by the time he was done checking me in there were 8 people in line behind me. Nice guy but wow! Got to the room and the internet didn't work. Also, the smoke alarm cover was pulled off and just laying there (obviously housekeeping could care less....they also could care less when there was garbage in the outside walkway. It was on this stop that corporate was in town. The woman, the manager and a housekeeper were walking by my room and they obviously didn't notice the trash including a plastic knife, laying in the middle of the walkway. They then walked by AGAIN and nobody bothered picking things up. This lack of awareness contributes to the two-star rating.

The GM/Owner was there and I mentioned about the internet, the clothes hanging over the railing (I assume it was a long-term guest), the broken pool umbrella, and the smoke detector in my room. He was very nice about things, went in the room and fixed the smoke detector but unfortunately this review is not based on his personality and willingness to help but instead is based on the actual experience prior to him knowing I would do a review.

I like my newspaper and when I asked if they had them for that day, the front desk lady said sometimes they don't drop them off....it is somewhat random. THIS is the type of thing that can be helped and contribute to a better stay. Why not get on the case of the newspaper delivery company? As one who has worked in many hotels this is the first time I had heard of this....more like a cost-cutting measure.

Upon checking-out the owner and front desk lady were very helpful in telling me what area to stay in while in Memphis.

Would I stay here again? Probably not. They need to step it up in many areas that can be improved without any monetary outlay.

Room Tip: No tips really. The hotel room I stayed in overlooked the central courtyard with the pool in it. I s...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Plano, TX, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I was driving through and stopped here on August 2, 2012. It was late and I was desperate for a place to sleep. The room clerk on duty was somewhat rude and the room was worse. The first room assigned was on the first floor and smelled like smoke and was unkempt. The second room offered was on the second floor and only marginally better. I found a spider in the bathtub. The airconditioning was noisy and there was noise outside for most of the night. I think they must rent rooms by the hour. The bed and pillows were so bad that they could not have been sold even at a GoodWill store. This place is a DUMP that should be closed or renovated completely, including new management.

Room Tip: Neither of the two rooms I saw is fit for human occupancy. I stayed only because it was late and I...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Days Inn Jackson - North Hollywood? Share your experiences!