“Country Hospitality Plus” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hurricane Mills (Waverly)

You added Holiday Inn Express Hurricane Mills (Waverly) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hurricane Mills (Waverly)
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   15368 Highway 13 South, I-40 Exit 143, Hurricane Mills, TN 37078   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Hurricane Mills
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Country Hospitality Plus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

After I finally found the hotel, I was delighted to find they had a smoking room available. As mentioned in another review, the King bed was one of the most comfortable I'd ever slept in. The room was very large and the bathroom had a whirlpool tub. It was perfectly clean but with any smoking room, the residual odor is hard to completely mask - which didn't bother me because I am a smoker. The staff was very warm and friendly and the breakfast was fresh, tasty and abundant. Should nothing look appetizing to you, you can always walk next door to Loretta Lynn's Country Kitchen. All in all, it was a great hotel experience.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
mobile al
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2008

After reading the reviews on this site and someone said this hotel had the most comfortable hotel bed they've slept on I decided to give it a try. Boy were they right! Not only did they have the most comfortable bed and bedding, but this was the most friendly hotel ever. The staff was so nice and courteous, the breakfast is great and it was so clean. Unbelievably clean. It's completely remodeled so it's nice and fresh.

I would stay here again and recommend it to any traveler.

• Liked — The bed and the cleanliness of the entire place.
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2008

We needed a place to stay on our way down to Memphis and picked this hotel because we've always had good luck with HIE and this was no exception. The heating/cooling fan was a bit noisy but we really didn't need it so it wasn't a problem. Excellent breakfast.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
HILLSBOROUGH, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2008

Nice clean room. Staff nice. June Bugs outside were bad, but that has nothing to do with hotel. It's Tennessee. The Diner next to hotel, great food, nice and clean.

• Liked — Easy to get to Lorretta Lynn's Ranch
  • Disliked — June Bugs outside of hotel
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
lexington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2008

The hotel was ok kinda off the beaten path but no problems. I didn't research this hotel as I usually do before my travels. If I had I probably would have stayed elsewhere, especially if a true theft occurred. I find this site helpful. Not a bad stay. Of course I wasn't robbed.

• Liked — Clean Room
  • Disliked — Possbile theif employed here?
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2008

An employee from this hotel stole $200.00 from my 11 year old daughters wallet and went thru my digital camera and deleted pictures. We stayed that night and was leaving the next morning due to the nature of what happened and I was washing up my dirty laundry when I found 3 cockroaches crawling around in the laundry room and hallway to the laundry room. Needless to say I was in disgust and went thru all my clothes and took them out to my car immediately and left the next morning after I filed a complaint with the police officers. While my husband was waiting at the front desk for the Sherriff to arrive the staff ignored him and would not talk to him and the other staff members tried to hide or look away from him. The staff was so unproffesional about this matter. I was very disappointed how they handled things. I have called the corporate offices and filed a complaint and I do hope to hear good news from them soon. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. Stay at you own risk!

• Stayed June 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2008

We saw the complaints about the price but we are old and got a discount. And my sarcastic side will tell you we got a smoking room and it reeked of nonsmoke! We don't smoke but they were packed. There is good internet reception even at the far reaches we were located. The satellite TV kept dropping because of a storm in the area but it was only off a total of 30 minutes. We didn't eat the breakfast because we found a good restaurant nearby and wanted to get away from the typical free breakfast at motels. The room was large - as was the bathroom. We were returning from a west coast trip and were thankful that we had a bathroom that did not require us to pull our pants down in the hallway and back in! The water pressure in the shower could have been better though. Princess Lotsahair had problems rinsing. We entered from the north and missed the Holiday Inn entirely. When we turned around we had to really watching to see it.

Beware of all of the Loretta Lynn tourist traps.

• Liked — quiet location
  • Stayed June 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hurricane Mills (Waverly)? Share your experiences!