“Great fishing, Lousy lodging” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Bank Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hornbeak
Blue Bank Resort
You added Blue Bank Resort to your Saves list
813 Lake Dr, Hornbeak, TN 38232   |
Kentucky
“Great fishing, Lousy lodging”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2008

We visited this resort with our 2 children and in-laws for Labor Day weekend. We stayed in rooms 219-220 and the rooms were absolutely horrible! There was a moldy smell when we entered the room and later there was a sewer smell. We burned candles and sprayed airfreshner the whole stay! The carpets, windows and bathrooms were dirty! The dishes in the kitchen were greasy and filthy! The mattresses were thin and uncomfortable! There were bugs and cobwebs everywhere. Housekeeping was nonexistent! They would come in during the day and empty the trash and leave new towels. They didn't take the towels that were soiled or vaccuum or sweep! A person who worked at the resort said that the rooms in the "new" building were better, we asked to be switched but they couldn't accommodate us.

The only redeeming part of the trip was that my husband and father-in-law caught many big blue catfish fishing from the deck and boat ramp! We would love to return to Reelfoot Lake, but we'll try to secure different accommodations for our next trip!

• Liked — Reelfoot Lake
  • Disliked — The accommodations
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Memphis, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2007

I recently went on a fishing trip to Reelfoot and stayed at the Blue Bank Resort. I stayed there with one of my friends last week and really enjoyed it. The accomodations were great and the food was wonderful(much more than i could eat). While i was down there i was suprised to see several of my favorite fishing Pros staying there also. Kevin Van Dam and Shaw Grigsby just to name a few. The only problem we had was the rain, but that didnt stop us from having a very enjoyable trip. We also came home with about 60 fillets which is not bad at all. We are looking at coming back in Feb. which, according to a guide I talked to, is the best time to catch the monster crappie.

• Liked — The staff and room accomodations
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
dunlap, tn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2007

My wife and I were looking forward to an enjoyable week; our stay lasted one night. We wouldn't have stayed that long but we didn't arrive until 9:30 PM and it was too late to try to find another place.
The cabin smelled of stale tobacco smoke, musty, one lamp, the bathroom shower was so bad my wife wouldn't take a shower.
The sheets were old and worn and dingy looking. The towels were thin. I could go on about another issue but suffice it to say, I wouldn't even stay there with my fishin' buddies and we are used to staying at some rough places. My advice, find someplace else to vacation and don't waste your time or money!

• Liked — Absolutely nothing!
  • Disliked — The entire cabin was way below minimum requirements for an enjoyable stay.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Hornbeak hotels

Deer Creek, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2007

We stayed in May 2007. We've never done a fishing trip like this - not avid "fishers" just an occasional outing. Guess what? We're planning on going back this October. I was very pleased with the accomodations, pretty darn clean for a fishing/hunting lodge type place. We drove around to others in the area, but did not go on property. From what I saw, Bluebank was tops. Food was great there - you can have the kitchen fix up sandwiches for the afternoon, too if you want. We never went anywhere else as far as restaurants, but heard that the BlueBank restaurant just up the road was great. There was another BBQ place close that some guys were raving about, but like I said - never ate anywhere else. The dockhands were very helpful and we did hire a quide one day. His name was Tim - highly recommend him! Boats were in great shape, left mos of our gear (we don't have the really expensive stuff anyway) in the boat the whole time. Take a fish finder - didn't think about it and would've been helpful! Rooms were clean - not 5 star, but didn't expect them to be! All in all - we certainly got more than what we paid for. Trip was taken by myself, hubby and 10 year old son. He loved it, too.

• Stayed May 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2007

Blue Bank is one of the best resorts I have ever stayed in. It is located on a beautiful spot on Reelfoot lake. When we checked in we were made to feel at home, and we were treated with great respect. Once we entered our room it was wonderful. Our boat and bait was included with our stay. We paid a reasonable price for all of the things we recevied. I would recomened any to stay at this place.

• Liked — The extraordinary staff
  • Disliked — the mosquitoes on the lake
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
Alexandria, Ky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2006

I thought this place was beautiful! We will be going back in the spring. The staff was very nice, the lodge was great and we stayed in a little cabin seperate from the lodge. It was small & cute. It is a fishing cabin for sure. A place to sleep, cook dinner, hot shower. You are right on the water, they provide a fish house to clean your fish, provide the boat, bait and ice. It was my first time on a fishing trip and I caught a big crappie. My hubby and I went for our anniversary. It was quiet, calm and peaceful. Just enjoyed the nature. Reelfoot lake is the best lake I have seen so far. If quiet is what you are looking for then this is the place. If you are looking for a place to shop and night life then this is not the place.

Danielle
Alexandria, KY

• Liked — Great Staff
  • Disliked — Housekeeping Staff - They did not leave trash bags and did not vacum
  • Tips/Secrets — grocery shop before you go. Accomodations are 30 minutes from nearest store. it is really a fishing community. Not much entertainment around. There a few restauraunts.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2005

I recently bought my husband a duck hunting package at the Blue Bank Resort on Reelfoot Lake. I paid over $200, plus, since I accompanied him, I had to pay an extra $20 linen fee. The towels and washcloths in the room not only looked dirty and like they had been hung up wet, but there was nasty stains all over the toilet, bathroom floor, and tub. Yuck! To top it all off, we did not get any sleep during our stay of 1 night. My husband had to be downstairs for breakfast and his duck hunting trip by 5am. Unfortunately, there was a party on the floor below us that lasted until 3:30am. People were yelling and screaming-both inside and out and the music was extremely loud. You can imagine my suprise when I was told by the 2 staff members that I complained to that the party was being thrown by the resort's 2 owners. None of the attendees were guests of the lodge, and since everyone staying at this resort are there on hunting packages and have to wake up at the crack of dawn, you would figure that the owner's would have been a lot more sensitive to their guests' needs. I feel like we paid all of the money to not even get a good night's rest before a long day. All of the other hunters in the group were up all night as well. Combined with the earliness you have to wake up and the amount of money you have to pay it was a tremendous disappointment to say the least.

Been to Blue Bank Resort? Share your experiences!