“dog kennel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of HomeAway Extended Stay Studios

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hixson
HomeAway Extended Stay Studios
You added HomeAway Extended Stay Studios to your Saves list
1949 North Point Boulevard, Hixson, TN 37343   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Hixson
georgia
“dog kennel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

stayed for three weeks for value reasons . way to many dogs mostly pit bulls lots of dog poop everywhere lots of barking.lots of homeless jobless people live there.smells like a dog kennel .

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
bemidji,mn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

We were reluctant to book at this hotel because of the poor ratings, but decided to take a chance, and are we glad we did! The hotel was clean, the staff friendly, and we had no problems. Anything we needed the front desk happily provided..... more towels, bowls, coffee and directions to a local restaurant. We used the pool and didn't have any of the cleanliness problems that were mentioned in other reviews. They even provide a continental breakfast which was unexpected since we did have a kitchen. One of our group checked in after 9pm, and the front staff was very accommodating. It's an easy drive to downtown, and we think this is a perfect location for visiting the sights that Chattanooga has to offer. We will definitely stay here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

The WORST PLACE I have ever stayed!!! We had 9 rooms and we had to ask for them to be recleaned. We found out how DIRTY THE POOL WAS only by one boy had a white shirt on and after he was finished swimming and it dried we notice it wasn't white anymore, that was the end of the pool use. My mother in-law had a big wet spot of wine on her carpet that they said they would clean but never came by to clean. We kept telling them. I noticed that they didn't vaccuum the rooms they used a broom on the carpet, GROSS!!! The couches were so spotted that we wouldn't even sit on them. We were all quoted a price and when we checked in the price was the same as quoted. When we checked out most of the people whom were with us but checked out different times during the day had their bills changed. They were charged more. We were the last one to check out and I told the front desk girl I wanted to talk to the manager. The manager was in the other room but would not come out to speak to us. The front desk girl (assistance manager) said she noticed the price on the computer was not the right rate and changed them on our quests. These rates were worked out weeks before we arrived in TN and I couldn't believe that they just went and changed them without letting anyone know. Everyone was so mad. I would have moved to another hotel if I would have had more time but we had my son's wedding to attend and I had to move 9 groups of people. I have stayed in many hotels and this is by far the worst hotel ever. You can't tell by the internet pictures at all. VERY DIRTY and NOT MANAGED WELL AT ALL. The assisant manager was rude during my calm discussion of the bills. We were from out of state and didn't want to waste time getting too upset during this special time with our family so we just paid the bill/bills.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
east TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2008

Selected room was not available upon arrival and replacement , which we reluctantly accepted, was not what was requested or equivilent. Mattresses were uncomfortable and badly stained. We were shorted towels daily and coffee was never replaced. Toilet paper was not replaced. Dishes were chipped and no detergent was provided to wash them, which makes us wonder if they were clean to start with. It was a daily inconvenience to have to ask for necessary supplies, towels, etc.

We've never stayed in a motel that never made the bed or cleaned the room over the course of five days. And we've never been asked to change our own linen if we wanted clean sheets.
We would definately not stay in this motel again, nor recommend it to anyone. A change of managment is badly needed.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed October 2008
florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2008

spent 6 days there and our experience started bad at check-in.
did not have room that reservation was for. Room was not clean, nor was it cleaned during our stay, Personnel was rude most of the time. had to go to office for towels 4 times, no coffee was left in rooms as promised, had to go ask for it.
Was a totally bad experience from beginning to end.
Would not recommend this place to anyone from my experience and others of our group.
will not stay there again.................

• Stayed October 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2008

I will have to say this year being here was awful,this was my fourth year to stay with them the first three years were awesome,this year they tried to charge me twenty more than confirmed plus extra per dog I was there with a dachshund fundraising picnic and we had resevered almost twenty plus rooms for this event and have for four years,once we got it straighten out we find out after getting home they charge the Reeds checking in behind me for my room and his wifes card,had to call to tell them they never even charged me to get it fixed,then the room dishes were dirty,mirro was awful in the bathroom and shower was dirty with soap scum,no remote for the TV,no ash try and dust everywhere,from my past there to this time this place has gone down hill badly and needs much improvement and I feel all of us who had such a bad experience should be credited something for what we dealt with Sherry Parsons

Stayed April 2008
TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2008

Not happy with the experience at all. I had made my reservations early as a group only to find out that they had been "cancelled" but not by me. When checking in, they charged a card that had been previously used when staying there before. Was charged twice. Having hard time getting refund credited to card that was wrongly used. Several people in our group had similar problems. Personnel were rude. Was issued a room at first that had not been cleaned. Moved to another room. This room did not have a remote for the tv and one was never brought as was promised. Other members of our group had similar billing problems and rooms being dirty. Need new management at this hotel to get it straightened out. Will not be staying there again.

• Liked — That they did allow pets
  • Disliked — Personnel
  • Stayed April 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to HomeAway Extended Stay Studios? Share your experiences!