We stayed at this motel recently. I had requested an upper level room so no one would be above us. When we checked in my husband was told we were on the first floor, which was down one floor from the lobby. My husband showed the desk clerk, Chris, a copy of our reservation with a request for the top floor. When my husband came out to the car he told me that we were on the first floor. Just as he was telling me that, Chris came out to the parking lot and said there had been a cancellation. Seems because there was supposed to be a softball tournament and all the rooms were booked, it was raining, so Chris checked his computer and found the cancellation and gave us a room on the top floor. It was actually a suite. An upgrade to what we had requested.
We really liked the layout of the suite. Even though we were just a couple traveling together, the extra space was nice. When you first came into the room you were in the sitting area. Then the bathroom was between the sitting area and the bedroom. While it may not work as well for people with children, it was perfect for us. If one of us had trouble sleeping, we could go to the sitting area without disturbing the other one. Plus the bed was very far away from the door and the hallway, so noise was not a problem when we went to sleep.
After we first arrived we were in the sitting area watching TV. A couple of younger kids were running up and down the hallway for well over an hour. They were loud and making all kinds of noise. I finally called the front desk and asked if they could address the problem. The situation was taken care of immediately! The hallways were quiet the rest of the time we were sitting in that area. We were very impressed that the front desk response was so quick!
The motel itself was an older building but it had been updated very nicely. It was clean and all the staff were very friendly. We had a very peaceful night's sleep. This motel is obviously very customer service oriented. When you travel and need a place that will take care of your needs, this is the place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the newest contemporary designed hotel Chattanooga has to offer. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hixson was designed with the modern traveler in mind, and is one of the only 100% non-smoking hotels in Chattanooga. The hotel is minutes away from downtown Chattanooga and the newly redeveloped River Front. Situated in Hixson the hotel is close to Chickamauga Lake and Marina, TVA, Northgate Mall, the Champions Tennis Club and numerous restaurants. This hotel in Chattanooga is also centrally located within a short drive of the South s biggest cities: Atlanta, Nashville, Knoxville, and Birmingham. Special amenities the hotel has to offer are free high speed Internet access, indoor heated pool and hot tub, micro/fridges, free hot deluxe continental breakfast, and a host of others. Businesses: TVA (Tennessee Valley Authority) and Sequoyah Nuclear Power Plant, DuPont, Komatsu, Gold Bond, Little Debbie (McKee Bakeries), Enterprise South, UTC, Erlanger Hospital, Memorial Hospital, Park Ridge Hospital, Central Baptist Church, Chattanooga Funeral Home. Attractions: Tennessee Aquarium, Downtown Chattanooga, Tennessee River Walk, Tennessee Rail Road Museum, Look Out Mountain (Ruby Falls, Rock City, Incline Railway), Chickamauga Dam/Lake, Chester Frost Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chattanooga-Hixson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Chattanooga-Hixson
- Holiday Inn Express Hixson
- Holiday Inn Hixson
- Hixson Holiday Inn