“Disappointed” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in Hixson
Sapulpa, Oklahoma, United States
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

I usually enjoy staying at Quality Inn. The price was what I was used to. My first disappointment was a smell in the hall. When we entered the room all over were obvious signs of neglect. It was obvious that they had not been doing routine repairs to the rooms. The breakfast which had potential was set back by the fact that the management had choose to save a couple pennies instead of choosing the quality of their product for just a bit more. We will choose to stay elsewhere in the future as for several years we have stayed here in Hixon for a week at a time.

• Stayed October 2012

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Checked in and checked right back out. Toilet seat was disgusting. Holes in the sheets. Had a terrible smell of onions when we walked into the lobby. Do not stay here. Manager offered another room but that was out of the question. Felt very uncomfortable from the moment we walked in the door.

• Stayed September 2012
Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

SECURITY SITUATION WAS UNNERVING:
1. The back entrance is always unlocked. In fact, it looked as if it had been broken in-to.
2. I locked my keys in our room, so I needed to get in. Without asking for proof of my room number, the man behind the front desk took my word for it and gave me room keys. Scary.

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd floor room for maximum safety. Lock your doors.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Kent, Alabama, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I wish I had read this BEFORE making reservations for my mother! I called on the phone and talked with someone AND made a reservation online with a senior citizens discount. We get here and find out there is NO ELEVATOR!!! I was so mad. I told them that just the word SENIOR CITIZEN should have sent a RED FLAG that they should let me know they had NO ELEVATOR! I can say they didn't have bedbugs! But you have to have someone stay on the SECOND floor to get bedbugs! I will be calling the desk in the AM to come and get my luggage! And if they don't you will hear from me again. The CEO is going to hear from me too! REDICULOUS !!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Wilmore, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

This hotel was reserved for us by a possible employer. It was Memorial Day weekend and most everything within a 20 mile radius was booked. I researched this place and was somewhat dismayed, but figured we had little choice if we wanted to be close. However, I was pleasantly pleased. First things first, this is not the Comfort In as listed on this site. It is a Quality Inn. The hotel was bought out last November by the current owner and he has made sweeping changes inside and out. The place is dated structurally, but he has renovated all the rooms. It was quite clean, everything worked, and the staff was exceptionally helpful. The breakfast is common (danishes, muffins, cereal, juice, biscuits, and eggs. We had two rooms (double queen and single king), both were nicely decorated and equipped with microwaves and refrigerators. The price seemed a bit high at first until we started looking around Chattanooga, comparatively speaking, this place was quite reasonable. Our default hotels are Holiday Inns and Hampton Inns. We have used Quality Inns a few times over the years and have been generally disappointed, but this hotel is certainly a cut above most others of this chain. It is strategically located within about 6-7 minutes of downtown Chattanooga. Once you cross the river, prices soar, some more than double. Other stuff: the pool was very clean, but somewhat small. Parking is tight, but free. Transfer noise was at a minimum. Beds were very comfortable, but the pillows, while there were many, were small. The bathrooms were exceptionally clean (absolutely NO mildew or mold - we have found these substances even in various Holiday and Hampton Inns lately). Overall, would recommend.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Somerset, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

In the Chattanooga area for a Dance/Cheerleading competition in Soddy Daisy. Our group was split between this motel and Country Inns and Suites (also in Hixson). We paid the same rates at each place. We had totally opposite experiences. The heat did not work in the first room we were given. The staff was extremely helpful, bring us keys to another room promptly. We had nice 12 inch thick pillows which became 1 inch thick when we put our heads on them. Terrible. Beds were OK at best. When I went to make some coffee, the in room coffee pot fell apart. The stall immediately offered to give us another coffee pot. Appreciated the gesture, however just got coffee in the lobby. We were on the second floor of this motel. Did I mention NO ELEVATORS. Loved carrying all our luggage up the steps. Best thing I can say is this.....GREAT STAFF......NOT A GOOD PLACE TO STAY! The part of our group that stayed at Country Inns and Suites were thrilled with their accomdations. Go there!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn Hixson? Share your experiences!