“Off the beaten path” 3 of 5 stars

Montgomery, Illinois
31 attraction reviews
“Off the beaten path”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Found this State Park by accident when we took a wrong turn on a road trip so I didn't get enough time to go exploring on any trails but I did like the suspension bridge and the falls.
Sometimes it pays to take the road less traveled.

Visited November 2011

NY. NY, Oh, Fl, Tn
6 attraction reviews
“Where is the Stone?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

So the wife and I went looking for a hike to see that remnants of the "Standing Stone", only to find out it was in Monteray, Tn. 40 miles east. The park was beautiful this time of year, but for the 2 hours it took us to get here, we could have driven another 2 hours and been neck deep in the Smokies.

We took the drive to Monteray, and after some serious searching we finally found the "stone" adjacent to the parking lot for the public library.
Signage here, like most things in Tennessee, is almost non-existant.

Visited October 2011
Chattanooga, Tennessee
26 attraction reviews
“RUSTIC CABIN!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

We got a rustic cabin thinking it would be like camping. Its not really as it has full electric and such but its still nice and fun and worth 60 a night!! The park itself is great. There are paddle boat rentals etc. the park is well maintaned and the staff is great! Its far out in the middle of nowhere so get your food and supplies BEFORE you arrive!

Visited October 2011
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
149 attraction reviews
“Its got it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

Its a nice park. My complaint is the trails aren't marked very good if at all. They have two trails near the dam one that runs along the lake and the other that runs up a hill across from the dam. They have two more near the Moses Fisk house, my other complaint is you know when you are leaving the park but no clue when you enter the park because on the side coming in from 136 no sign welcoming you to the park like all the other parks. My main thing is thought it is pretty you can get away from people and the rush of everyday life. It felt like I was the only person there, I hiked two trails the two near the dam I didn't find the other two till I was leaving, and had no plans on stopping. Enjoy the views the hike and being away from people just make sure you look really hard for the trail markers and the house which must marker the entrance to the park.

Visited September 2011
“Beautiful place to get away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011 via mobile

I live within mins of standing stone & have spent alot of time there....I used to go all the time as a child & now im able to take my kids :) they have all kinds of interesting events that most ppl nvr hear about ... its a great place to get away to enjoy the beautiful scenery .... im a photographer so I talk alot of my clients there because of all the beautiful natural backgrounds ... I would recommend anyone to go stay atleast once ....& if its during the summer definitely try out the pool :)