“Fortune House Doesn't Cost a Fortune for Very Good Meal!” 4 of 5 stars

615-824-2006
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 123 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Cuisines: Chinese
“Fortune House Doesn't Cost a Fortune for Very Good Meal!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

When my family wants Chinese we head to the Fortune House. It is a family run business with at least three generations working there. Just know grandma is all business but as we have been there many times now she is warming up to us. It is not the most beautiful restaurant, but it is clean and has good food, freshly prepared for most items. It is eat in or take out whichever you prefer. We usually eat there.

My two favorites are the Five-flavor Chicken or the Sesame chicken (which another reviewer didn't like). My husband likes the Pork Lo Mein. The daughter gets the Sweet and Sour Chicken. The fried rice is good and has peas, carrots, and onions in it. Steamed white rice is also available. There is always plenty of sweet and sour sauce on the table. The egg rolls are just passable, kind of greasy. The CrabRangoon is also a favorite of my daughter and husband. I like the hot and sour soup. The portions are more than ample and the three of us eat there for around $25 or less. Just know they don't take credit cards so have cash with you.

On our last visit afore mentioned grandma brought us our fortune cookies. Hubby and daughter read their fortunes, both very nice. Then I broke mine open....no fortune.....???? Oh well at least I had a little sweet treat. I will be back soon and maybe my fortune will improve.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Goodlettsville, Tennessee
“We eat here almost weekly sometimes more.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

This is my wifes favorite place to eat. We get tskout most weeks. She introduced it to me and we both love it. She has been getting food from here for many many years. She always tells people about it and they try it and love it. I love the pepper steak, general tso, or mandarin chicken. My wife loves the beef and broccoli. If you have not tried it you should but bring cash or check they didn't take credit last I checked.

Visited July 2014
Parsons, Tennessee
“Ok Chinese Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I got take out based on Trip Adivor's rankings and review and was sorely disappointed. The egg rolls and the crab rangoons were really good. Sesame chicken was not good, I threw it away! Fried rice was pretty bland. Sweet and sour chicken was pretty good. Lo Mein was not great.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great Chinese food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

The only Chinese restaurant I eat from. They could stand to be a little nicer ha and if you've been there a lot you know what I'm talking about. But it's okay the food is wonderful.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
White House, TN
“Best Chinese, period!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I've been coming here for years and my wife who's from Hendersonville has been coming here since she was a little girl. Not a buffet, but they have the best crab rangoon's in the world.