“Great food with a great price!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #88 of 130 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Hendersonville, Tennessee, United States
“Great food with a great price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The food here is so good! On top of that it was at a great price b/c kids eat free everyday. I was thrilled to find this out. We will be back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Nashville
“Better Than Mainstream Restaurant Kitsch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

How many times have you longed to find a place to eat where good food really tastes like food instead of corn syrup solids, sweet dressings and sodium? My wife and I find that this is a very real problem in today's synonymous mainstream restaurants - and especially in Nashville as a whole. This is so often the case that we often elect to eat at home. We find that 'synonymous' isn't a problem here. While Tazza isn't glitzy, the restaurant has a certain charm and helpful people that care about what they serve you. We decided to eat in house and noticed during our meal that Tazza has a noticeable business for carry-out. The menu has a wide selection of favorites from American Deli to Asian to Mexican to Italian (including seafood) with a modest kids menu. You can even have steak, ribs or deli selections with a Greek influence. If you have special dietary needs you can likely eat here as well, although you will need to tell the waitress to insure that your needs are met.

We opened this meal with an appetizer of nachos, generously sprinkled with romano cheese and accompanied by a side of hot cheese and salsa. Then, we ordered a staple of restaurant food, which turned out to be anything but ordinary. We both ordered burgers which come with a generous portion of hand-cut steak fries. These burgers aren't the ordinary fare that you find at most places. The burgers aren't skinny over-salted and otherwise bland meat patties and taste much better than what you are probably used to. The buns are just the right size, complimented with thinly sliced tomato, onion and ample lettuce. The sandwiches are cut deli-style. I enjoyed the Chipotle Blue Cheese Burger and my wife had the American Cheese Burger. We couldn't finish our meals, so Jessie provided and packed what was left in take home boxes. Of note is the Fruit Tea which tastes of orange-pineapple, but my wife found that hers needed sweetener. It beats soft drinks all the time. We ordered a shared dessert to go from a number of options: The Milky Way Mousse Cake.

We felt that Tazza Cafe is a great way to treat yourself or a decent place to eat when you don't feel like cooking or are too busy to do so. It's freshly prepared with attention to detail, even for something as ordinary as a burger and fries. Can you find a prettier place to eat? Most certainly, but I haven't met honestly friendly people like these in a long time. It's comfortable and intimate. The company, food options and preparation more than make up for any perceived lack in the surroundings or the appearance of neighboring business. Hours are generous - 10 til 10.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Texas,USA
“Great food at good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

It took me a year to finally visit Tazza Cafe. I guess I was pretty hesitant since it was near a pretty ghetto looking convienant store. I took a chance however and was extremely surprised that I had been missing out on Tazza for a year! The restaurant interior was attractive, clean, and comfortable. More importantly however, Tazza's food is really good and is not overly expensive as some other well known places in Hendersonville. From experience I recommend the Gyros, Burgers, Salmon, and Salads. This place is worth trying atleast once if you live in the area.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hendersonvile
“Freshly prepared food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

My husband and I had the Gyros and were not disappointed. The salad with cucumber sauce and roasted red peppers was delicious. THey have several menu items that we want to go back and try.

Visited March 2012
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“A touch of New Orleans in Nashville!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I Missed New Orleans style cooking until i found Tazza Cafe. The owner really cares about his customer's satisfaction and is funny and friendly like the folks back home. I eat at Tazza every chance i get and I'm thrilled that my town is lucky enough to have such great food to go with the great people of Hendersonville!

• Visited March 2012