“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Henderson
Santa Fe, Tennessee, United States
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Americana Inn this past weekend. The room was large, clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The breakfast was good and there was a good selection. My wife forgot and left a pair of boots in the room. I called when we found them missing, and the lady at the desk (Joyce) was very helpful. She said that she would see if she could find them. She called me in a few minutes and she had them at the front desk. We were able to return to Henderson and get the boots. I found the stay to be very comfortable and we enjoyed the night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I was staying here and told by the american lady who works there I could not stand out front and wait on my friends to show up. I asked why no answer. I orderd pizza from the pizza hut nearby and was told i could not eat in the lobby at the table and chairs in there. I would not spend another dime in this place. The Indian Lady who was obviousley in charge was Watching me to the point I really was uncomfortable. I will never stay here again. I would not recomend this place.
The lobby and rooms were dirty.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Henderson hotels

Yadkinville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I spent 2 nights at the Americana. Air conditioner didn't blow cold in the first room I had but I was changed immediately to another room where it did. The ice machine was broken but they would give you a small plastic bag of ice at the front desk. Hair in the shower. Quite enough but dated in appearance and well worn. Continental breakfast consisted of pulling things out of Tupperware and microwaving. Better options with better rates if you're willing to drive 15 minutes further into Jackson.

Room Tip: Check the room out before you check in.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I stayed one night at the Americana Inn while visiting in Henderson. I found the check-in process to be quick and efficient, and the clerk very friendly. My room was very clean and there were no discernible odors, traces of cigarette smoke, or pet dander. I thoroughly inspected the bathroom and the bed sheets and found everything to be clean and in order. The pillows were quite comfortable and although the mattress was a bit firm, I had no problem getting a good night's rest. The A/C heater unit was a standard hotel issue type, below the window, but it was efficient and not very loud. The towels in the restroom were spotless and nicely arranged. The shower pressure was 100% and there was plenty of hot water. The shower curtain was spotless.

Also included in the room were a refrigerator, telephone, microwave, iron w/ ironing board, and table with chairs. The TV was a bit small but carried many cable channels and local channels from the Memphis area. I was able to log into the wireless high speed internet service provided by the hotel on my laptop computer with signal strength of 4 out of 5 bars. The parking lot was clean and quiet, and I did not notice any shady characters loitering about.

Breakfast consisted of cereals, danishes, and coffee... perfect for a quick snack on the way out the door. There were also vending machines available on the property. A convenience store is located next to the hotel for anyone looking for a larger selection.

I did not venture into the pool area, as it was approximately 28 degrees when I stayed, but it looked well-kept and included a large slide for the kids.

Overall, I was very impressed with my stay and would recommend this hotel for those looking for a room in the Henderson area. The hotel was a bit "dated", but again, very clean. If you prefer a national hotel chain, there are many more choices in Jackson, if you don't mind a 20 minute drive up Highway 45.

Room Tip: I didn't need one, but was assigned a handicapped room and it included a very large shower stall...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Longview, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for almost a week and I really have no complaints about the comfort of this hotel. My complaint is that four days after we checked out/paid our bill, an unauthorized charge of $45.00 was deducted from my bank account. I called to find out why and was rudely told that it was for a stain on the carpet. Not only was there NO stain (I requested photos or some kind of proof and none was provided), but I stripped the sheets from the beds and piled the dirty towels into a corner for the cleaning staff, leaving the room fairly clean. My bank reimbursed this unauthorized charge, but I have reported this hotel to the BBB and am telling everyone I know of this dishonesty!!!!!

Room Tip: No restaurant or gym.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

I was tired, I called made reservation and when I showed up I was greeted by a very nice and polite lady who made my check in fast and speedy.
I was actually impressed, I paid $65 for the room, when I walked in there was a fridge, microwave, cable TV, and free Internet which was FAST.
To my surprise, the room was clean, fridge worked and kept my stuff cold. Bed was clean and did what I needed it to do.
I turned on the "white noise" on my iPad which I sleep with every nite.
I fell fast asleep and slept like a
rock. When I woke I found a nice
grocery store across the street which I was able to buy some food and make in my room.
I can't complain about anything, I stayed 1 nite and the place served its purpose.
Thank You and I will be back. Mike M. from Chicago .

• Stayed November 2011
Vamos_a_viajar
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

Make the drive from Jackson. It is not at all worth the price they charged to stay in this hotel. The sheets were clean (even though they were ripped) is my only positive comment. The furnishings, bathroom, and walls were so old and covered in layers of paint. There is no gym at all. We called and asked where the ice maker is located-- they said in the lobby. When we got up there is was a cooler with some ice in. They said the ice maker was broken. We will never stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011

Been to Americana Inn? Share your experiences!