“River raft and float - loved it” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 14 Attractions in Hartford
Type: Boat Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: The Pigeon River, located in the heart of the Smoky Mountains just a short drive from Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, TN, offers breathtaking scenery and exciting whitewater rafting thrills! This magnificent river begins in North Carolina and continues through Tennessee. Experience white water rafting in Tennessee and raft through class 3 to 4 rapids where you'll be assured of an exciting adventure at one of the best attractions in Gatlinburg TN!"Whitewater Rafting at it's Finest"
East Yorkshire
223 attraction reviews
“River raft and float - loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2014

We visited in August but only did the family float and raft. We were late getting there and missed our time slot but they were great and put us on the next trip down steam.

Our guide was excellent and pointed out lots as we floated down and went through the smaller rapids, lots of info and history on the mountains.

At one point we could get into the river and swim which me and my son did. Ended with a class 3 and bus trip back to base. A great place to visit, just allow plenty of time to get there.

Miami, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“First time rafting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

Chose smoky mountain outdoors for our first experience white water rafting when we visited in July. We were 3 adults and 4 boys ages 6,7,8 and 9. We did the lower pigeon mainly because the age of our kids as they were too young to do the upper. It was very safe and the kids loved it. Definitely not what I would consider fun as it was too slow for me. I'm 45 yrs of age and would have preferred something a little faster. Most important is that the kids loved it after all the trip was for them. Very safe overall especially for kids. I don't know about the upper as we did not do it. The place is VERY organized and safety oriented. Price is a lot less than I expected. Something very important when you have kids and need to be able to afford to do different things. It was a little crowded, but it was expected as we were I the middle of summer. Everyone very friendly and helpful.

Manheim, Pennsylvania
“Great rafting led by Stanley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2014

Experinced river rafting for first time on family vacation. I wasn't sure what to expect. It was a great experience. I believe our family has found a new hobby. It did not take long to feel comfortable on the water under Stanley's experienced guidance. I think my 9 year old was a little nervous, which made me concerned as well. Stanley made sure Wyatt felt comfortable while giving the rest of us an exciting fun experience. By the end of the trip we were all looking for the class 4 rapids. Thank you Stanley and SMO for making our family vacation exciting and memorable.

Visited July 2014
Lovettsville, Virginia
“Roscoe was the best!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2014

Our first time rafting in August and Roscoe was the best!!! He was entertaining and very knowledgeable about every aspect of our journey. Awesome time!!1

Visited August 2014
Roselle, Illinois
“"The Ultimate Guide Rev. Dean"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2014

When we signed up for this trip we had no idea what to expect. We've seen pictures it looked both exciting and scary at the same time and neither of us had any experience. We didn't need any Rev Dean's years of experience shined through and all of us in the raft who had never been rafting before not only had an awesome time but were safe in doing so. We are definitely planning another trip and asking for Rev Dean.

Visited September 2014