“We won't be back!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Harriman
Ash Flat, Arkansas
“We won't be back!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We walked in the room and even our kids complained of the smell. We had to then change rooms because the blankets were dirty. When we changed rooms we had to sweep the bathroom floor ourself because there was hair all in the floor.
The following morning we went down to the "free" continental breakfast to having to BUY orange from the vending machine for juice for our kids. The lady running breakfast was not friendly at all.
As far as I'm concerned they need to change the name of this hotel because there was nothing quality about it. As members of the Choice Privilages program for over 10 years we were very disappointed.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Cuba, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We stayed here mostly because they accept pets. We were very glad we did! Rooms were clean and beds were excellent. We had both a fridge and a microwave. The shower had great water pressure, the tv worked great. Breakfast the next morning was adequate, again the food area was spotless. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back, easy access from the parking lot.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Savannah, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We had a family gathering and had a block of rooms reserved Had problems with management making many eroneous charges to our credit cards and they will not talk about it they do not return calls they hang up on you etc. I guess they figure if the charges are $17.45 a night extra you will just let it pass and go about your way. They are Rude and Choice Hotels International has an answer "that is an independently owned motel you have to take it up with them". Choice hotels international then transfered my call to that hotel again I was imediately hung up on. TV did not work properly heat went out in another room it was 63 in that room they had a small baby with them another room had to open doors to cool it down and was running AC I have charges on my credit card as well as more charges on a debit card we were way overcharged and management was caught in several lies and now they will not talk about it told me I did not have any charges My Mastercard and My Bank at home both beg to differ

I highly recommend you stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Go anywhere else except here or Roadway
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Austin, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Nothing special, though the room was clean and bed was comfortable. There is a train nearby that runs several times a day, and you sure can hear it. The water pressure was great and there was plenty of hot water, but we had only one teensy towel for the two of us...a little thing that when discovered just before bed, really puts you off the place. Breakfast was okay, but nothing to rave about. I think I'll look elsewhere next time (outside of Harriman and the train).

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room, and unfortunately because of the train, it appears that there is no such...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Fredericksburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

nothing special here but the cost which seemed high to me, especially a ridiculous $1.50 charge for a safe i did not use... cleaning staff opened our door twice and camped outside of our room conversing prior to check out and we felt rushed to get out and one even asked for a tip which we thought incredibly rude

Room Tip: back side much more convenient than front with at your door parking
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
knoxville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

i recentally stayed at this hotel, i over heard the workers sayin it was invested in bed bugs, didnt really believe it until i noticed an bug extermatior there and he was sprayin all the rooms. i kindly asked one young maintnance guy if the story was true and he acted as if he didnt want to say anything until i told him what i heard. then he admitted that yes we are trin to get rid of them, but they are just to bad. and was worried that they were in Quality in also so they sprayed that motel too. he said that they have had them for a very long time. i will never walk into that motel again!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Knoxville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Stayed here for one night for the world's longest yard sale. Was satisfied at how close to the 40 interstate it is located; upon exiting, I noted the different place nearby to eat, including shoney's, a mexican eatery, McDonald's, Krystal's, to name a few; gas stations are also near. Pulled in and noted that although crowded, the exterior and parking lot were clean and well kept; staff was pleasant and lobby nice; parking is in the back and after the sun set and I took a quick stroll I noticed that the parking lost was a bit too dark for my liking but the corridors were lit well enough; exterior corridors were kept clean and clutter free; pool and area was also very clean; water was warm and when nightfall approached, the area and the pool itself was adequately lit; the room we stayed in had two queen beds and was non-smoking; it was a very nice room; beds were comfortable and appeared to be new; no odors or dust was noted with the exception of the A/C unit, which was very dusty behind the slats; bathroom had ample room for our needs; room needs minor touch ups, but such things are expected, whether the place mentioned is an apartment, house, etc. Our room had an adjoining room and we did not hear any noise; I believe ppl stayed above us and if so, were quiet. Pets are allowed in this hotel and although I did not note any 'pet" related issues in my room, it never hurts to ask any place that houses pets what their "clean up" process is. I did not look to see if this hotel had an exercise room. Wi-Fi internet was free and ample enough for my use; continental breakfast is served and the staff is very helpful and accomodating; biscuit and gravy was tolerable and the option of making waffles is good; all other choices are what is typically served for continental breakfast. The only con to this hotel and it is a minor one to me is the fact that across the street is a RR track and througout the night trains travel on it. I did not hear train whistles but if you are a light sleeper or used to absolute quiet at night, you may have a bit of a problem adapting to the rhythm of a train(I finally fell asleep after hearing it several times and once asleep I remained so). Overall, this hotel was satisfactory to me and my family and I would definently consider this place again if needing to stay in/around the area.

Room Tip: If you absolutely do not want to hear the sound of a train, ask for a room that faces the parking lo...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn Harriman? Share your experiences!