“Holiday Inn Express Harriman” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Harriman
Clinton,TN
“Holiday Inn Express Harriman”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Nice for a quick get away ! Rooms were excellent and with a full window view of the mountains. Staff was couterous. Location was close to other facilities and access to interstate was very close.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Wilmington, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The location is outside of Knoxville. It is also easy to miss the entrance sign. However, we really enjoyed this Holiday Inn Express. It has been incredibly well kept by a very friendly and accommodating staff. The facility still has a "new" feel to it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Lake City, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is the half-way point for me and my family back home so we decided to meet and stay here. The staff was lovely and very helpful. The view from this hotel is amazing! Our room was very nice and clean; the pool was nice but the room echoed. The breakfast was better than most....We will be staying here again and I look forward to it! (:

Room Tip: The 2nd floor was great for us!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Weirton, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

By almeans this is the place to stay when in the area, Beautiful view, clean rooms. Staff is awsome.Helpful and down home, This is our 3rd time here . Never disapointing at all.

Room Tip: get a room in the front, Mountain view. Sunset and sunrise Awsome
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

I've stayed at this small-town hotel on business trips several times over the last 3 years and have been completely satisfied. The desk staff is kind and helpful, the rooms and linens are very clean, and the beds are comfortable. For the business traveler in this area, this should be your first choice. My only advice for the hotel would be to make the entrance from the highway more visible!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Ethridge, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

Update: I had generously given 5 stars to this hotel in my original review, but after having my credit card charged 4 months later, I decided to remove my review and revise it, especially since my 5 star review had been generous to begin with! I tried to find out why they waited 4 months to charge me for my September stay here, but they did not respond to my emails (I must have a printed record of communication). I contacted the national guest relations as well, and they emailed them twice, and they still do not respond to my emails. They have phoned when I am not home, but I asked to be emailed, and guest relations also contacted the general manager telling them to email me within 48 hours. But they refuse to email. 4 months is an unreasonable time frame to charge your card.........OK, that was my update, and now here is my original review: I decided to stay here since there did not appear to be any good hotels in Kingston where I was doing some 'genealogical research'. I considered the less expensive Comfort Inn, but it is down low on the highway whereas the Holiday Inn is situated high up on a hill behind it, safely back off the highway with a nice little mountain view - not exactly Alaska calibur but hey it's Tennessee! In the notes section of the online reservation I asked to be put in an upper room floor with a view. The girl put me in an upper room floor with no view so I asked to be transferred across the hall where I would have a room with a view. She obliged, but the room with a view had not been cleaned up yet and was filthy. I had to make a couple of phone calls, and the housekeeping came up, apologized, and fixed everything up for us nice and neat. We had to go downstairs and sit around waiting for 15 minutes or so while they got our room ready for us, but the ladies were so nice and apologetic we did not mind. Like all Holiday Inns, the room has everything you need: comfortable beds, large tv, fridge AND microwave THANK YOU!, and good, fully equipped bathroom. As I mentioned, this particular room had a nice high-up view of a pretty cool mountain with the railroad below. You could barely hear the train. However, I still could not sleep well because the air conditioning kept kicking on and off. There is an indoor pool and a business center if you don't have your laptop. The breakfast is always good at the Holiday Inn - is it good enough to make you forget about Cracker Barrel - NO - but still a nice option. I had dinner the night before at the Cracker Barrel which is within walking distance, but you have to walk on the highway to get there. I would have driven, but I had the best parking spot for my car and did not want to lose it. The hotel was packed on a Saturday night because of the UT game in Knoxville. It would really help the business of both places if there was a walkway in back so people could just leave their car and walk over and eat at Cracker Barrel. I thought I might be a regular here someday as I plan on coming to Kingston/Harriman often, but after this credit card incident, I am not so sure if I will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Sidney, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

We stayed this past weekend at this Motel as a group for a wedding. Reservations were made and check in was quick and smooth. The motel is super clean and decorated beautifully. The linens very nice and beds quite comfortable. The continental breakfast the best we have ever had in any motel bar none. The staff super friendly and helpful. The pool clean and refreshing. The view from the front of the motel is breath taking of the mountain in Tennessee. This weekend the colors in the trees was gorgeous. What a lovely trip we had and such a pretty outdoor wedding way up in the mountains.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Harriman? Share your experiences!