“A good 2 star hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Fairwinds Inn

You added BEST WESTERN Fairwinds Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Fairwinds Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Northcreek Blvd., Goodlettsville, TN 37072 (Formerly Shoney's Inn of Nashville North)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Goodlettsville
Fort Lauderdale, FL
“A good 2 star hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Pros
Staff member on Sunday night check-in was welcoming and helpful
Beds were firm but comfortable
Fridge & microwave worked great - we used them both
Bathroom shower and bath tub were sparkling clean
Able to park right up close to our 1st floor room
A quiet night even though we were across from the ice machine and hotel was busy
Free breakfast - waffles, coffee, biscuits & gravy, oatmeal, cereal, milk, hard boiled eggs - could have had more choices
Pool and deck looked perfect, recently remodeled?

Cons
Lobby and breakfast area smelled so intensely of cigarette smoke that we couldn't eat in there. Took the food back to our room. Room smelled good! Advice: Change the air filter in the A/C and put out little bowls of vinegar to absorb the smoke smell. And for goodness' sake, stop smoking in or near the lobby.
Breakfast had no scrambled eggs and no meat (lack of meat getting to be a thing in the middle of the country)
Breakfast had no good fruit - just apples and bananas
Had to tell the girl at the desk in the morning (who had her back to the counter doing a crossword puzzle) that both of the large regular coffee carafes were empty.

Overall - not the quality that I'm used to at a Best Western, but a good value for a 2 star hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
orlando, fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Some Best Westerns are okay for those quick one night stays where all you care about is a bed to sleep in...this doesn't even qualify for that rating in my book. Everything is dirty, the front desk gal was all alone helping 3 people on a Tuesday mid-day with truckers filing in and out for what appeared to be blocks of rooms reserved from their truck line. It's just not a good place even at rock bottom prices, which wasn't really true, as our next night's stay was just $2 more and tremendously better.

Prospect, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This motel was not my first choice but it was late and I needed to stop. Around 1:00 AM there was a serious altercation outside my room. I called the desk to see if they were aware of the problem, and the girl said that she was freaking out and nothing like this had ever happened before. She apologized to me for the incidence and told me that the police were on the way. At 2:00 AM, the police were still outside my room looking for evidence. At 6:00 AM, I went to the front desk and asked for my money back since I didn't get more than 3 hours of sleep and still had to travel another 7 hours. The girl asked me if it was from what happened during the night and I said yes. She started to make the refund, but called the owner/manager instead and he said no to the request. I called corporate, they wrote everything down and sent it to the owner. I never got a response so I called the motel, was told that the owner/manager wasn't in and was given his voicemail. To date, I have never heard back from the owner/manager. I would never feel comfortable staying in this motel again especially with an owner who doesn't care about the safety concerns of his guests.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
macomb, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

this hotel is nice. the refrigerator did not work and they gave us another room immediately when we told them, with one that did work. breakfast was average , wpul ;ike a few more choices of hot food . would stay again pool was clean

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Citrus Springs, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This Best Western doesn't live up to the name in my opinion. Had a terrible time getting on line. Took me forever, then it would kick me off and had to repeat the actions. Breakfast was good, but wasn't set up when we got there. Had to wait for some things to be put out even tho it was 1/2 hour after it was to begin. The rooms were nice, clean. Staff was good. All in all it was OK, but don't know if I would stay again.

Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Room appeared mostly clean but smelled moldy and damp. Soap, shampoo and lotion dispensers are used (like you see in a health club shower room) versus individually wrapped soap and the small bottles of shampoo/lotion.

Room a bit small for two double beds but the beds were decently comfortable.

Front Desk Service was ok but a bit slow and inexperienced.

Breakfast was below par. Cold biscuits for the sausage gravy. Waffle maker couldn't cook even after resetting and cooking through 3 cycles. Cereal dispenser held cereals other than that labeled and were a bit stale.
Decently priced but expected better.

We opted to check out after one night and move another nearby hotel with better rooms, service and a working breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I am doing a cross country round trip from northwest to southeast and started out my first night in a nice Best Western hotel which they are giving incentive to continue staying with their hotel chain. Given my first and good experience, I decided to take on their offer and booked a room at this place, expecting that it would be similar condition (compare to the first one a thousand miles away). Am I disappointed. This is just your typical motel 6. I find a couple ants literally crawling on the bed. Bathroom had no fan, which I feel is a requirement. The air condition is your typical manual operated under the window unit. The room door opens right to the parking. We were debating whether to cancel the reservation, eat the cost of cancellation, but we got here later than expected and with grumpy kids so we decided to stay the night. However, I'm disappointed that this hotel is quite different from the first one I stayed at. This hotel carries the same name but the quality is no where close to the one I stayed at Twinfalls, Idaho. the cost is comparable, but the quality of this hotel is just your typical motel 6, which I'm trying to avoid.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to BEST WESTERN Fairwinds Inn? Share your experiences!