“Served It's Purpose” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Goodlettsville
Salford, Lancs
“Served It's Purpose”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

This motel is very convient for the interstate, petrol station, supermarket and food outlets. On first arriving, was a little disappointed. I know the motel is currently being renovated but it would have looked so much better from the outside, had the doors to the rooms been given a coat of nice bright gloss paint. The room itself had been renovated with new bathroom suite, carpet, iron and ironing board. The fridge came in useful and the free wi-fi was appreciated. I could not complain about the room itself, it served its purpose (stayed four nights). We used it just as a base to sleep, and could not really complain about it. The bed was clean and comfy and the price is right. It was very close to the interstate but didn't find the noise from the traffic a problem. Some negative comments from others, can't see what they complain about. How can you complain about having two flies in your room, that certainly is not the motel's fault !!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
benjenmin, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Nashville North, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
I want to thank our guests for taking the time to post a review concerning their stay at our Inn located in Goodlettsville, Tennessee. My staff and I truly appreciate all of our guests sharing their comments and concerns. If any concerns are mentioned, I want all to know they are taken seriously. I give my personnal attention and address the situation immediately. As stated we are currently doing some refurbishing here at the Inn. So please excuse the mess while we work to give our rooms a more up to date look and feel for our guests. Come and see our new modern rooms that are always clean, comfortable and at an affordable price.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

When i say that this was really nothing to write home about , it was just a 7 on a scale of 1 to 20. The housekeeper needs to learn how to clean a room , look like a dog food near the wall when you come in the door. Had two flies in the room that drove me crazy most of the night i`m sure it was from leaving the door open while cleaning the room. Sleeping was good once i got to sleep , and then i was given an extra hour to check out , all and all not bad have stayed in worse places then this ...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
benjenmin, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Nashville North, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thank You to our guest from the KY State for sharing your experience with us. It's disappointing to learn that any of our guests are unhappy with their stay, but your willingness to share your recent stay is greatly appreciated. We take all of our guests comments and concerns seriously so please be assured that the issues that are raised are always addressed and the appropriate actions are taken with the entire staff. Our number one goal is to provide a clean comfortable room with dependable service to all of our guests at a reasonable price. Thank You again for taking the time to share your experience and concerns. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.
Tarpon Springs, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

While driving through Nashville, I needed a place that would accommodate me at 9am for early check-in as well as a place that was pet-friendly. Considering I had stayed at a BEAUTIFUL Red Roof Inn located in Locust Grove, Georgia a few days prior, I decided to go with the option located in north Nashville (Goodlettsville) since I was not feeling well and was traveling with a pet. This property is suitable, but certainly is not the NEXT GEN of Red Roof Inn's. It is a typical "motel" with rooms you access from the exterior. It is obvious the owners are trying to do renovations. My room was room #208 and had outdated decor. However, considering I wasn't feeling well and had my mini-dachshund with me, it was suitable to take a nap, shower, and then move on. The employees I encountered in the morning when I asked for an early check-in were very friendly. However, when I checked out at approximately midnight, the employee seemed a bit "put off" that I wanted to check out because she hadn't had a chance to do the night audit and wouldn't be able to give me a receipt. Furthermore, she informed me that additional taxes/fees would make my room charge considerably more. This is what surprised me. Considering I stayed at a Red Roof Inn Next Gen location in Locust Grove, Georgia just a few days prior and paid $65.50 for an absolutely beautiful room and now paid $82.30 for an outdated room with indoor/outdoor carpet, wooden creeky stairs, etc, I was a bit surprised. Another thing that surprised me with the rate is at the Locust Grove location, the employee was very up front with me about the rate, "The rate is $58.02 but will come to $65.50 with all taxes." When in Goodlettsville, TN that was never mentioned. Hence, when I signed in at 9am and was told the rate would be $64 but then get a bill for $82.30, I was not pleased. Perhaps if the accommodations would have been as nice as the Locust Grove location, I wouldn't have blinked an eye at paying the $82.30. However, $82.30 is expensive considering the conditions of this particular Red Roof Inn. On a positive note, as mentioned earlier, the morning employees were friendly, it is in a safe location, and close to restaurants & various shopping centers/malls, and is pet friendly. I believe $70.00 tops is a fair price to pay for this location.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay at a Red Roof Inn, make sure it is a "Next Gen" location. Otherw...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
benjenmin, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Nashville North, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Tarpon Springs, FL, I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I would greatly appreciate further information regarding your stay in order that I can investigate further. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience. Thank You.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

If you are traveling and need a place to stay, this is the spot! The price is right, staff is friendly, and plenty of places to eat and shop in the area! The rooms are clean, beds are great, and the pric is right!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank You to our guest from Columbus, OH. for sharing your stay with us. We are always glad to have our guests post a review about their experiences. It gives everyone a view of the hotel from another guests perspective. It lets us see what we are doing right or wrong so improvements can be made if needed. We truly appreciate your business and Thank You for choosing Red Roof as your destination hotel.
McMinnville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I wanted to say that enjoyed my stay at this Red Roof Inn even though they are presently upgrading the entire facility. The front desk personnel were friendly and helpful. They made sure I had a confortable stay.
I travel a lot and stay mostly at Red Roof Inns and 99% of my stays at their hotels are relaxing and pleasant. They make sure you are satisfied by a phone call to your room to ask if you were satisfied with the room and would make any changes that you requested if needed.
I would/will stay at this Red Roof Inn again and their prices are always are a great deal.

Room Tip: Request a ground floor if you need to bring several items into the room, but most have elevators if...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Thank You for sharing your pleasant stay with us. We truly appreciate guests posting all their comments and/or concerns so others can read. It lets us know if there is anything we need to improve upon to make everyones stay an enjoyable one. Thank you for choosing Red Roof for your lodging needs.
Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

We travel with 2 dogs and have had pretty good luck at Red Roof Inns. You can't beat their price and lack of pet fee. This one was in a safe part of town (most important to me). They gave us a renovated room on 2nd floor in 2nd building. It was a king (we usually get 2 doubles) and the room was much smaller than I anticipated, but just fine for an overnight. The room was clean and updated. My only complaint would be that the bed sheet had a rather large blood (?) stain that had faded, but you could still see it. It had obviously been washed, but it made me uncomfortable (no one wants to see others body fluids where they're sleeping!) and I felt it was something housekeeping should of noticed. Oh, and the top blanket was very very thin. It may not be adequate for some people. That being said, I appreciate that Red Roof's accomodate pet owners and don't charge ungodly fees for having them stay with us and I feel that the price is appropriate for what you get. I have always been treated very kindly by staff, and this one was the same. I would actually stay at this hotel again without worry.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank You for sharing your experience with others. We feel honored to have you and your pets as our guests. You get a clean, comfortable room at an economy price and not have to worry about any pet fees. Thank you again for sharing and for choosing Red Roofs for your lodging needs.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

The room was less than hoped for. There were holes in the floor and sheets. Looked like no one vacuumed for a few days. No lights over the beds - walls were patched over. Smelled stale. It has been a while since I have used this chain and now I know why. Yeetch. There are better options in the area.

• Stayed April 2012
benjenmin, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Nashville North, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
We certainly do apprediate all of our guests feedback. We take all comments and concerns from our guests seriously. Our guests (YOU) are the reason that the refurbishing of our Inn is a work in progress. We are installing a new in-room lighting system, updating our carpeting, wall texture and furnishings, giving our rooms more lighting for reading and a clean, fresh look and smell. We invite you back to see the progress we have made the next time your travels bring you to the Goodlettsville area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goodlettsville
BEST WESTERN Fairwinds Inn
Quality Inn Goodlettsville
#6 of 16 in Goodlettsville
3.0 of 5 stars 71 reviews
Hampton Inn Nashville Goodlettsville

Been to Red Roof Inn Nashville North? Share your experiences!