“Awesome time!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Goodlettsville

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Goodlettsville to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Goodlettsville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   120 Cartwright Street, Goodlettsville, TN 37072 (Formerly Nashville Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Goodlettsville
Lexington, Kentucky
“Awesome time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We had a family reuniuon at this property and from the time that I got there until the time I left I felt very comfortable and relaxed like I was at home! All of the staff was very friendly and helpful. The inside looked very modern and updated! The room that we had was amazing, Very spacious and inviting! The banquet room that they set up for us was absolutly enormous! I had a wonderful time with my family! Also, the pool was a big hit with the kids! Thanks so much to the staff that made this wonderful weekend happen for me and my Family! Will definietly be back!

Room Tip: All rooms are good at this hotel! but if you are into a little extra space, opt for the suite! Total...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

My family used this location for our family reunion on July 19th. The staff was friendly & helpful! The lobby & other common areas looked brand new. Very modern look. Free breakfast which was good. The rooms were large which was great due to all the family visiting each other. Clean rooms. Modern rooms. The pool was wonderful during our stay. Banquet room was large, clean and very nice. Decorated nicely. The location was perfect. Right off the freeway, everything you need is near. Safe area. The Mexican grille next door was great! Our experience was wonderful!

• Stayed July 2014
Springdale, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This is not a good choice for hotels in the area. Here are the issues with this hotel.
1. Front desk personal were not professional looking. Ear spacers, spikes in lips and eye brows, not what I want to be greeted by when I walk in............
2. Room was not ready at 11:00 pm....REALLY!!!
3. Mirror in bath room does not line up with the sink.
4. No tissues in the room.
5. Down stairs bathrooms have not toilet paper!
6. Room was going to be cleaned at 6:00pm at night......WHAT?
7. Behind the hotel is a distribution center, if you like truck sounds all night stay here!
8. Internet does not work and if so, it is spotty. If you need to do work at night, do not stay here!
9. Air conditioning in the one room did not work, if you like hot stuffy hotel rooms stay here!
10. Pool was not working and is in some stage of repair! WHAT.....it is July and it is not ready???
This hotel needs a lot of work and lookes like it is in a state of construction. Would strongly advise that you seek other hotels in the area for your overnight needs. There is a Hampton Inn and Marriott not very far away.

Room Tip: Do not stay here if at all possible.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Aaron H, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Goodlettsville, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. It is true that we have gone through some major renovations since November 2013 and I am really happy to tell you that we are 98% done with them!

The lobby renovation is complete, the room and guest floors renovation is complete with the exception of new drapes in a handful of rooms, all of our HVAC units are being cleaned and re-charged and our salt water swimming pool is open. It was actually opened on Friday, July 18th. Our internet upgrade is scheduled to happen in two weeks. We will be going from the slow 25 meg speed that you talk about to 100 meg!

The check-in time at this property is 3:00pm. If we have rooms available earlier than 3:00 pm, we are glad to check our guests in early. I assume that you were at the property at 11 am, not 11 pm, as house-keeping was finished for the day at 5:30 pm.

The employees at this property are very nice and respectful to our guests and each other. None of our employees look scary or intimidating and are always in uniform and ready to assist our guests at any time.

Please contact me at the property if you would like to discuss your visit with us over the phone. Also, I would like to invite you back, on me, so you can see the completed renovation. I hope to speak to you soon.
Midlothian, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We had to run the fan to drown out the noise of the trucks at the grocery distribution facility in the back. The service was the worst part, however. After paying for two rooms at check-in, we left a key card (as instructed) at the front desk with my adult son's name on it so he could pick it up when he arrived later. The clerk would not give him the card until we came back to the hotel and showed our credit card and driver's license a second time. Finally, there are no comfortable chairs to be found in this hotel. I simply wanted to sit and read, but the room chair, the chairs in the lobby, and even the breakfast area chairs were obviously purchased for their "look" rather than for comfort. We stayed here many times when it was a Holiday Inn Express, but only the breakfast is still as good as it was then.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

This is my first time staying at this chain. For the first couple of days, everything was fine. But I am here for an extended amount of time. In the last two weeks since then, I have had nothing but issues with the internet. Random disconnects, lag beyond belief. There are even 2-3 hour gaps when the internet does not work at all. This happens at random it seems. First time that it happened was around 6am-8am. Then last night, around 7ish pm. I do not know how long it lasted but I do know the cable went out as well.

To be clear, I am staying in a suite. It is comfy and more then livable. But it clearly says that this establishment has high speed internet. But for the life of me I can't seem to find it. Now, if it ment the internet connection with dozens of disconnects a day and when it is connected, it lags like it is trying to recreate 56k modem experiences. Then yes, I have found it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Aaron H, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Goodlettsville, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
I am aware that our internet service is lacking and I have some great news to share. Along with the complete renovation, inside and out, at this property, we are increasing our internet capabilities. We are going from 25 meg free to guest service to 100 meg free to guest service. I do not know what megs are, but I do know that we will have incredible, fast free internet service once the upgrade is complete. I expect to see this happen before the middle of July.
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

After calling 3 times to assure our late arrival (after midnight) our room was disqusting. Dirty carpet, pee around toilet base and sofa bed bedding had been used (blood and dirt filled) no pillowcases, no blanket and all wadded up in a ball. Window sills had debris and the room looked USED. Like a construction worker with his dirty shoes had a fling!!!! Our daughter complained at the front desk and was offered a different room but my husband is disabled and we had unpacked and put him to bed so was not wanting to move. Not our problem the room was a mess. Was given some linen and again the long journey to the room (elevator under remodel/closed) to remove dirty linens and make our own bed. The next morning requested to speak to the manager and request he go look at the room and give us compensation for this poor room rental. He said he would. This was June 4th. I finally called today (3 wks later) as did not see any compensation on our bill. The gal at the desk said he gave us $10 off. I would have expected at least a third off the bill and an apology. I can say the king bedding was fine, clean sinks/ tub and breakfast was adequate. I've been in places under remodel and I have to say this facility didn't have signage or a very good clean-up crew as everywhere was a mess and dirty. Especially the bathroom way down the hall by the second elevator. Like homeless was using it. No excuse for this dirty atmosphere. Would expect better from the management. Will never go back here. I think a $10 compensation is insulting and speaks to how this place is managed. One night here was more than enough. Advice-check out room/bedding before unpacking. JS-Seattle

Room Tip: don't unpack before inspecting room and bedding including sofa bed.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Aaron H, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Goodlettsville, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
I appologize for the house-keeping in your room, there is no excuse for the pull-out sofa to not have been made and refreshed for your visit. As I told you I would when I spoke to you at check-out, I credited your account 50% of the room cost.

As of today, we have all new furniture in the guest rooms. New beds, new pull-out sofas, new chairs.... etc.. And, I am glad to say that the construction is about a week away from cpmpletion.

Please let me know if you are passing through Nashville again. I want to have you stay with us for a night on me and see the difference between "then and now". I will not make excuses for your last visit, only improvements.

Thank you for letting me know what I need to do to make this property better!
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

They are renovating this 3-story sprawling motel -formerly a Holiday Inn and of of mid-June, it is almost finished. The lobby is bright and modern as are the halls. Rooms have been re-done with paint, all new furniture and bedding. Very comfortable beds with good selection of pillows. Breakfast was unremarkable but adequate. However, there were some problems due to the renovation and staff didn't fix them. Our king room was very nice but it only had one chair - the desk chair which meant that one of us had to sit on the bed. We talked to the front desk but the clerk just said they were expecting another truck of furniture - no mention of getting us a chair. Finally my husband went down to the breakfast area and brought one back to the room. They are also going to have to train the staff to make the most of the re-do - tuck in the box spring cover, straighten the lamps, dust behind the TV, etc. We'll be staying there again and hopefully the problems will be solved.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Goodlettsville? Share your experiences!