“great overnight spot” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Goodlettsville
Raleigh, North Carolina
“great overnight spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed here on our first night of a cross-country trip and it certainly got our journey off to a fantastic start. The hotel is bright and well-decorated, very up-to-date and clean. No free breakfast, but a cafe in the lobby that prepared basic meals and offered yogurt parfaits etc. It was much better than we were expecting. Highly recommend. One caveat -- the room we used had a fold-out sofa that my daughter slept on and it was seriously uncomfortable -- but the regular beds and linens were fine.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
new york ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

Let me make this review short and sweet. On a scale of 1-10 this hotel and its staff are an 11. From the moment I first called about making a reservation to the time I left EVERYTHING was outstanding.Staff ,room ,app of hotel everything was new and sparkled.Unless you are a complete idiot ,stay here when in the Nashville area and you will leave happy.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011 via mobile

We recently stayed at the courtyard and it was very nice, clean and good location. Its a pretty new property About 13 miles from downtown Nashville but not a bad drive. Good neighborhood.

• Stayed June 2011
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

Hotel was okay. It seemed older then the stated 1 year. Rooms are very cramped with over sized furniture. The indoor pool was very small and the bistro food is overpriced. Overall I would call this hotel average. Very disappointed paying $150 + a night.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

We were heading north after a vacation and wanted to stay north of Nashville. Stayed here based on reviews on Trip Advisor. I booked it by calling the Marriott toll free number. The operator gave me a weekend rate and a complimentary hot breakfast. Hotel is very clean, lovely rooms, and the staff was very helpful. Glad we chose this hotel. If you stay here, you should definitely eat at Chef's Market--awesome food!

• Stayed April 2011
Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

Recently stayed mid-week in this newer Courtyard property. As you would expect, tons of business travellers here during this time. In terms of the hotel, absolutely no problems. Hotel was exactly as I expected it to be.

Rooms were good--clean, spacious and what you would expect from a newer Courtyard property. did have flat-panel Tv with HD channels. Room included a mini-fridge to store food or drinks if needed.

Bathroom was good, too. Sink and vanity was located in bathroom itself. Decent sized shower. Toilet was located behind a small privacy wall next to sink. Importantly, everything was clean.

We used the indoor pool. My kids wanted to swim. Water was a little cold. Size of pool was fine--probably larger than most indoors. Property had an outdoor area, patio area behind the hotel. we could see this through the windows from the pool area. Also noticed the workout room--small but adequate. did notice they had a treadmill and bike with tv screens on them.

Large sitting area and breakfast/dinner area off from lobby. Everything seemed fine to me.

My only problem was with the front desk service both at check-in and check-out. Check in was slow. Had to wait in line of 2 people for about 3 or 4 minutes. Never could figure out why things were taking so long. We arrived around 9 PM. Only saw 1 person at check-in.

Check-out was ridiculously slow. For some reason, they did not print a receipt and slide it under the door. So I wanted to make sure everything was straight with my account before leaving. I headed to the front to turn in my keys and get a receipt.

As I arrived, the clerk was on the phone--I am assuming with a management person. Another customer was standing and waiting in front of me. After about 2 or 3 minutes on the phone, she hung up and began to wait on us. I gather she couldn't figure out how to work something on their computer.

The customer in front of me was wanting to get a room (at 10 o'clock am). Of course, no reservation. I then proceeded to listen to their conversation about anything and everything as she tried to get him checked in. This took at least 7 or 8 minutes. Once again, only 1 person at the front desk.

Finally, she got him taken care of and I was able to check-out and get a receipt to verify my charges. Thankfully, she was able to print my receipt immediately. But all in all, I stood in the lobby for 15 minutes to get checked out.

I was not very impressed by the customer service at this property. Having said all of this, the hotel itself is fine. I would state it is above-average. I just hate waiting 15 minutes for something that could have been slipped under my door (like 95% of the other Marriott properties I stay in on a regular basis). The wait was so long that my wife calls me on the cell phone from the car to make sure everything is ok.

In the end, nice property, very poor front desk service.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Lisle, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

This hotel is in north suburban Nashville, near I-65. Has only been open about one year, and is apparently typical of newer Marriott Courtyards. We stayed at one in McDonough, GA on the way to Florida, and this one on the way home to Illinois. A good choice...new, clean, quiet, comfortable, convenient to interstate. Casual restaurants and fast food are within 5 minutes drive time, if the hotel bistro doesn't do it for you. (It's open for light meals until 10 p.m., but we didn't avail ourselves of it.)

The rooms are tastefully decorated, comfortable, and efficiently designed. Their condition reflects the relative newness of the hotel. The beds are standard Marriott...great. Our bathroom featured a tub/shower combination, and was clean and sufficiently spacious. Staff was friendly and helpful. Noticed there was a station in the lobby for printing boarding passes, as well as several PCs for guest use nearby. Wired high speed internet is available in room and is complimentary.

Might be a little more expensive than some of the value oriented motels (we paid $131 for one night, tax included), but in this case, you get what you pay for. In summary, a very good place to stop for a night.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard Nashville Goodlettsville? Share your experiences!