“Good food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Delicatessen
New Jersey
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

During our short stay in Germantown, one day we overslept and missed our breakfast at the hotel. we found this cafe on google places. We had a yummy breakfast at this cozy little cafe.. loved it. We are happy that we missed our hotel breakfast....

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Memphis, TN
“Fantastic coffee in Germantown/Collierville area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

It's hard to find good breakfast places in the area, but this small coffee shop definitely qualifies. The coffee is good, and does not have the burned flavor that Starbucks often has. Better still, Java Cafe has a wide variety of breakfast and lunch food. It's kid friendly and has outdoor seating. Recommend the coffee and French toast. Omlettes also good.

Visited May 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Excellent Cafe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Just a great place to have breakfast or lunch. Quite a few selections on the menu, but the staff are very accommodating for customizing anything. Try the "Paul's Breakfast" or the Spa Salad for lunch. Food is always fresh and the prices are very reasonable and they serve a great cup of coffee.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Germantown, Tennessee
“Cozy Coffee Shop & Deli”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Java has a warm, welcoming, cozy atmosphere. I am all about the atmosphere of "mom and pop" type establishments. Java has a lot to offer. They have a large selection of fresh baked cookies, bread and casseroles, hold & cold sandwiches, daily soups, fresh coffees and an amazing menu of made fresh to order hot breakfast. The french toast is to die for. The John's Italian hot sandwich and fresh spring mix Spa Salad with strawberries are just a few of my many favorites. Java has been my favorite coffee shop & deli for over 8 years. I am not a big fan of commercialized businesses. I visit Java almost daily, either for lunch or breakfast, sometimes for both. I refer to Java as my "home away from home". Not only is the food great, it is fresh and the service is outstanding. I also enjoy what I call "my extended family", because I enjoy the company of the other "regulars" that visit daily. The owner, John and all his employees are very personable, friendly and upbeat. I would highly recommend Java for fresh items such as coffee, breakfast, lunch, holiday casseroles and yummy baked goods.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Memphis, Tennessee
“Cozy neighborhood sandwich spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Good breakfast sandwiches and coffee. Nice sandwiches and salads for lunch. My daughter loves their french toast and hot chocolate. The downside to this place is that it is hard to find if you do not know Memphis that well. It is tucked away in a little shopping area. Also, the place is very small, so if it is crowded, then it will be hard to find a seat. Overall, this is a great breakfast and lunch place and it is very nice.

• Visited October 2012