“Very disappointed.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 87 Restaurants in Germantown
small town, Tennessee
“Very disappointed.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We have always loved Picadilly. It is the only cafeteria that we know of that still exists. We really miss cafeterias that offer a variety of entrees and vegetables where you can get what and how much you want. We were in Memphis visiting a friend in the hospital and were looking forward to eating at Picadilly on our way home after the visit. We both ordered the chicken strips, potatoes, and green beans with Mexican cornbread. We both found the chicken to be VERY salty which ruined the flavor for us totally. Why do restaurants put so much salt in the food? Can't people do that at the table if they want that much salt? Our potatoes were cold. I enjoyed my green beans, but always find the serving too small. My husband thought they tasted salty, too. The cornbread was good, but a little dry. The $4.99 price is usually a good deal, but if you don't enjoy the food, then it is not really a bargain.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Hickory Withe, Tennessee, United States
“LOOKING FOR VEGGIES? THIS IS THE PLACE”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Lots of different dishes to choose from and herein lies the problem...you want everything! Can be a caloric nightmare but everything is tasty. The waitresses are attentive to keeping your glass full and any other needs. I just LOVE their crunchy fried Halibut and Mexican cornbread!

Visited March 2013
Fl
“I really was hoping for a better experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Having fond memories of frequent dining at Picadilly with my parents before our local Picadilly closed about 20 yrs ago, I was looking forward to a return visit. However, it was not such a great visit.
The food selections were the same as I remembered and I think that the prices are just about the same as well, so I should not have expected too much. The food was just okay but they need to clean both the dining room and the bathrooms as well.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Mississippi
“Been enjoying this cafeteria for many years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Piccadilly is the only cafeteria in the midsouth area & am so glad I can go here & take my kids & grandchildren to get excellent vegetables, and everything else delicious to eat, and everyone gets what they like to eat.

Visited December 2012
Memphis, TN
“Good plate dinners for the family”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Depending on the day, the food quality may be great or not so much. Usually it's pretty good but not my first preference. However, my parents who are in their 60's go there quite often and really like it. Seems to be an older crowd most of the time. Good place for the family and the service is usually very good.

Visited February 2012