“Typical Marriott” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Germantown
Atlanta, Georgia
“Typical Marriott”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The Marriott hotel chain is a well practiced,
well run organization. I have always enjoyed
their extra expertise and level of care. This
Inn was an even higher caliber Marriott.
Landscaping was better than the typical Marriott.

Room Tip: There is a railroad on the other side of the street. I heard it outside but not inside. you might as...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Northampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times and it was always a pleasant experience. I especially like the fact that there is an outdoor pool and a hottub. The rooms are all modern and spacious, outfitted with more TVs than anyone should need and a large, comfortable bed.

The location was very convenient and I enjoyed several long runs in the area, which is very safe.

The only issue I had with this hotel was the loud air conditioner. Memphis being Memphis, I preferred not to turn off the A/C despite the atrocious sounds it was making, but it made sleep much more difficult.
Cleanliness could also have been slightly better, but overall the staff did a good job of keeping the rooms in good condition.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Richie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Memphis Germantown, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at the newly renovated Residence Inn Memphis Germantown. I assure the issue with AC has been addressed. We appreciate you being our guest, and It is always our intent for every guest to have a pleasurable experience. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Germantown.

Best regards,

Collierville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I first started staying at Marriott Hotels back in the 80's because they remembered my name. This hotel is newly renovated, clean AND they have gone out of their way to accommodate us. Everyone from the managers, front desk, maids, and maintenance have been very nice.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you Dave for letting us know about your recent experience at the newly renovated Residence Inn Memphis Germantown. It is always our intent for every guest to pleasurable stay. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Best regards,

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We stayed in a first floor room that overlooked the pool. I was a little apprehensive because it was a holiday weekend and there were several kids' sports teams with loud parents staying at the hotel. No way could this be a quiet room, I was so wrong! Parents partied til the wee hours outside of our room and we never heard them. There is a really nice outdoor area with a fire pit and a gas grill for everyone's use.
The hotel staff is always polite,cheerful and very helpful. We enjoyed the breakfast in the morning. There was plenty to go around even with all of the hungry boys chowing down for their active day ahead.
Always enjoy this property. Feels like coming home!

Room Tip: Make sure that both windows are down to help with noise level.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Richie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Memphis Germantown, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you Stephanie for letting us know about your recent stay at the newly renovated Residence Inn Memphis Germantown. It is always our intention for every guest to have a pleasurable experience. We are glad you enjoyed the breakfast and staff. I hope to see you again in the near future.

Bartlesville, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We traveled from Oklahoma to Georgia with two dogs and needed an overnight at pet friendly hotel, being a Marriott fan, this seemed like a win/win. We were exhausted and it was late when we arrived. Our room rate was $139, high, but hey, they were pet friendly so I figured it was the price to pay for traveling with dogs. Upon check-in I was rudely informed that in addition to the high room rate, we had to cough up an additional $100 just to have a pet in the room. Didn't I just pay to have pet in the room by staying at a pet friendly hotel and paying more than across the parking lot? The staff were less than helpful at both check in and check out. The shower/tub drained so slow I had to pause mid shower to drain. Nice enough area, not as near a main hwy as I would have liked for ease of travel. Would not recommend.

Green Features: Supposedly pet friendly...more like they bilk you for money.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Richie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Memphis Germantown, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
I appreciate letting us know about your recent experience at the newly renovated Residence Inn Memphis Germantown. I apologize for the issues you encountered and all have been addressed. It is always our intent for every guest to have a pleasurable stay. I appreciate you being a loyal Marriott Rewards member. We hope to see you again in the near future to let you see issues that were encountered are not indicative of the property.

Richie Gentry
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

My b/f is a Platinum Elite member and travels 90% of the year. Almost ALL of his and our pleasure stays are with Marriott properties. We have remained loyal to the Marriott brand...until today. This weekend was a pleasure stay for me to meet his family. The large suite we booked into was not the Marriott quality that we are accustomed to. The pull-out sofa (for my girls to sleep on) had old, stained sheets still on the mattress. When we removed the sheets, there was a large urine stain on the mattress. The girls opted to fold it back up and sleep on the couch instead. The bathroom door wouldn't shut properly. The toilet took some jiggling of the handle to flush properly. The breakfast was mediocre at best. The biscuits were hard and the gravy was cold. My b/f and the kids enjoyed the meat and eggs though. The staff was polite and cordial. The outside property appearance was nice. Pool was clean. Nearby train was not bothersome at all.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Richie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Memphis Germantown, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Monique, I appreciate you letting us know about your recent stay at the newly renovated Residence Inn Memphis Germantown. I apologize for not meeting your needs, it is always our intent for every guest to have a pleasurable stay. Thank you for being a loyal Marriott Rewards Member. I hope to see you again in the future
Bybee, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Hotel was modern and clean, but walls are thin. Went to sleep with people next door arguing, and woke up to people next door arguing.

A train runs VERY close to the hotel, and I was awakened several times as the train went by.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Richie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Memphis Germantown, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Beth, Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the newly renovated Residence Inn Memphis Germantown. It is always our for every guest to have a pleasurable experience. I apologize for the train, which is not typically an issue. Thank you for being our guest and we hope to see you again soon.

Richie Gentry

Been to Residence Inn Memphis Germantown? Share your experiences!