“Manager is very rude!!” 2 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 8 hotels in Germantown
“Manager is very rude!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Manger mr. richie is not so kind to his guests. he doesn't know how to talk to people he doesn't try to fix the problem he tell guests to leave his hotel u are no longer welcome when I'm paying. I have walk up on him talking very rude to his employee very sad. But the desk service housekeeping were great food was great!!

• Stayed July 2013

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I travel to Memphis quite often and I always try to stay here. It's in a good location with many ways to get around time from the hotel. The price is always great and they do a really nice job with breakfast and dinner, which is included by the way. I've never had a bad night here and the value is awesome!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Marriott is my Hotel. Love everything about it. Hearing the team at this hotel sing in the lobby was great and energetic. Everyone was so kind and friendly. They care about your stay, it's like your home.

Germantown, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This was my first time traveling to the south and alone (I'm 20). The Residence Inn Germantown did an amazing job making me feel at home as I stayed here for the month of June. They provided me with a shuttle to work and would pick me up when I needed it. I really got to know a lot of the staff and they made me feel so comfortable! Diego, Hernando, Angela and all them would make sure I had a ride to and from work. Richie and Jason would always check up on me and see if I needed anything. Kiara would always answer any of my questions. Shay would always get me a pool towel if I needed one and change for the washer/drier. Everyone was so sweet and made me feel at home even though I was over 2,000 miles away from my family. The maids always did an amazing job at cleaning the room. The breakfasts were great, I love that they serve oatmeal, most hotels I've been to don't have as much as a selection as this one. I also thought it was really cool that they did dinner socials! Definitely a place I would stay at again if I had to come back to Tennessee Memphis area!

Temecula, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We went to visit family in Germantown and chose this Marriott property. There were many restaurants and some shopping nearby...Target is within walking distance. But it is so close to the main roads that you can find anything you might need by traveling less than 2 miles. I like Marriott properties because they are always clean and the beds are comfortable. This property is a small property but it had an outdoor pool......many properties in the south have indoor pools. Their complimentary breakfast was very good....always many choices. Last but not least, the staff was very helpful.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor, right next to the stairs. If you use stairs, this location was gr...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed there for a total of 10 days. The hotel is located in a very posh area of the city. German town is beautiful.. and the taxes are also a bit higher than the rest of the city. There is a wallgreens and subway right behind the hotel. The Hotel is nice, very friendly staff. Breakfast is good. There is free snacks in the evening at the breakfast area. The rooms are very spacious , comfortable bed. But when you try to open the dishwasher it's gonna give you a hard time. when you pull the handle the whole unit comes out. everything else works fine. During our stay the bathroom faucet was leaking. it was a mess with water splashing all over the bathroom floor. On our complaining the lady at the front desk said she will send some one to fix it , but no one showed up. We had a disturbed sleep that night with the sound of the water dripping from the faucet. Next morning, again no one came. i complained again and this time a guy came to fix it. The house keeping staff looked tired all the time and didn't wanna do the the cleaning. Especially the girl with a piercing on her chin. She came to our room looking like she really hated her job, left the room in a couple of minutes without cleaning the bathroom or restocking the pantry. Earlier that day when i met this girl in the hallway, i asked her where the guest laundry was and she gave me the wrong floor number. Except for these minor discomforts the overall experience was good. Compared to Farefield Inn which is in the same compound next to residence inn, this hotel is a much better choice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I feel a little guilty giving this hotel a bad review! My husband and I had reservations at the nearby Hampton Inn but at the last minute got a phone call that the Hampton was overbooked and we were placed in this Residence Inn at no charge. So, it was a free stay. The front desk clerk was a sweet, professional young lady and she worked very hard to take care of all the guests.
The hotel was clean but is long overdue for an update. The bed was old and hard. Furnishings tired as well.
I did hear a dog barking in one hallway and there was always the smell of various foods being cooked since the rooms are actually little apartments which is to be exacted at this hotel- it is for long term stays.
The front desk clerk did tell me the hotel is being remodeled in the next year. The location is very good- lots of restaurants and shopping in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Germantown hotels

Been to Residence Inn Memphis Germantown? Share your experiences!