“Comfortable Hotel with nice staff. Housekeeping an issue.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 8 hotels in Germantown
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Comfortable Hotel with nice staff. Housekeeping an issue.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a week. The hotel was roomy and comfortable. Breakfast and dinner were included most days, but were not very good. The rooms were very large but not clean and were in terrible need of updating.
The bathroom was covered in red and black mold. It was so bad that I borrowed bleach from the front desk and cleaned the bathroom myself. It was completely unacceptable. The tub looked like it had not been cleaned in months. There was also someone else's pubic hair on the bathroom floor.
The kitchen was old and out of date. The plates on the cabinets were not clean and I had to rewash them before I used them.

Room Tip: All rooms are comfortable but not as updated and as clean as they need to be.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lebanon, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel several times and it's comfortable with polite staff. It's in a good location near (with a car) to many restaurants and shopping. I found it to be quiet and the breakfast was good. However I went down around 9am and the cold items had already been put away. When I asked about breakfast being served until 9:30am, I was quickly taken into the pantry and I was able to get yogurt and milk.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Kalamazoo, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel because the Courtyard was booked. I am currently a Marriott Gold Member. This hotel was awful. I first checked in and went to investigate my room. I have been doing this now religiously because of problems with bed bugs. To my surprise when I moved away the top mattress, there were indeed black things that looked like dead bugs to me along with hairs all over the bed. I immediately left and requested a new room at the front desk.

I was given a handicap room. The room was not cleaned well but did not have any problems on the mattress. Unfortunately later in the evening I discovered hairs on the toilet, in the bathtub and stains all over the bathroom wall.

I also tried to turn on the heat in the room because it was a chilly evening. To my dismay I determined the heat was not working at all and woke up to a chilly 60 degrees in my room.

I have stayed in Residence Inns before and this particular hotel is not up to standards.

Be very cautious if you choose to stay and double-check your room is clean and functioning before unpacking. Suggest the Courtyard which is much higher quality and service. If booked, go to the Marriott by the Airport.

Room Tip: Be very cautious if you choose to stay and double-check your room is clean and functioning before un...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Germantown hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012 via mobile

Accommodations are functional but not up to RI standards. Soundproofing needed so train doesn't disturb guests' sleep. Updating worn furnishings would improve comfort & eye appeal. (Bedroom was more cramped than typical-sized RI bdrm.)

Best serves as a place to lay ones head (with earplugs if within earshot of train).

Nice breakfast & modest evening meal (hoped for healthier options). Kitchenette is ideal if you've time to prepare meals.

Situated in lovely residential area.

• Stayed November 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Yes, very friendly staff, but a horrible hotel. Here's why:
1: Worn down rooms with torn linens and stained furniture
2: Terrible, inconsistent internet service - even on their (hotel) computers!
3: Inconsistent housekeeping - do I really need to tell you to clean my room?
4: THEY RAN OUT OF TOILET PAPER in the whole hotel!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on Old Popular Pike if train noise will wake you
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Harrisonburg, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

I had never been to Memphis before so I relied a great deal on the reviews we read to help with hotel selection. There were eight of us total traveling as we were coming for a funeral. My sister brought her small dog along as well and we needed a hotel that was pet-friendly. This hotel was easy to find and very close to everything we needed to access during our stay. We reserved one regular suite and one 2-bedroom suite.
We were greeted with smiles from start to finish and every request--from the need for additional linens for the sofa bed, extra towels, to even just asking for pizza delivery preferences. The breakfast was the standard breakfast but fresh and hot with something for everyone.
I thought the hotel was very clean and surprised by reviews that stated otherwise. The carpet in the hallways is a little worn and could probably stand to be updated but given the traffice the hotel sees, it is understandable. There is only one small elevator in the hotel and when things are busy you may have to wait for it. Stairs are accessible at either end of the hall but not the most convenient way to transport a lot of luggage, especially with little ones in tote.
The staff was incredibly friendly and accomodating and it really does make all of the difference. Maybe, there were some things I overlooked because of the welcome we received at arrival and throughout our stay (but try as hard as I might, I can't think of anything bad to say.) I would gladly stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, may want to ask for room further away from railroad tracks. The noise d...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

Unless you can sleep through the sound of a locomotive rumbling through 6 times in a night and blaring its horn, I would not recommend this place. The track is directly across the street from the property. The staff is fine and the place was clean, but the trains ruined the entire experience for me.

Room Tip: Get one as far away from the tracks as possible if you decide to stay here.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Residence Inn Memphis Germantown? Share your experiences!