“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Puckett's Grocery & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 315 restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Description: Welcome to Puckett’s! Founded in the fifties, people have been congregating at Puckett’s for over a half a century. We’ve updated a bit, added some recipes from our family and friends, and thrown in some great live music. But it’s still Puckett’s Grocery... nothing too fancy,but everything good. It’s where the locals go for real food, real people and real fun.Consider Puckett’s for private party rentals and catering needs.
Dallas, Texas
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This place is getting five stars because not only was the food wonderful, the service was out of this world, Im talking about you Jeffrey. Jeffrey was so great and so helpful. We are from out of town so having someone so nice take care of us was a special treat.

Food: Sunday Fried Chicken and BBQ Pulled Pork. Chicken was well flavored and light and crispy, the BBQ Pulled Pork was to die for. It really was some of thhe best BBQ I have ever had, and Im from Texas so that is saying something. We also had the smashed sweet potato and side salad. The kicker was the blueberry cobbler and coffee. I wish I lived in Franklin if only to drink that coffee, so smooth and such a nice roast.

Atmosphere: Very chill, relaxed, family-friendly environment.

Service: Like I said, Jeffrey was AWESOME. I highly recommend asking to be seated in his section because he was so nice. Our food came out on time and he kept our glasses filled. He had great information about the food (local roast, food featured in Southern Living etc). Everything we asked for was responded with "that will be no problem". Thank you, Jeffrey!

Sidenote- We had looked up this restaurant on Google before coming and it gave it two $$ out of 4 possible money symbols (referencing price). I was thinking in terms of Dallas $$ and I was a little worried about the price at first. The prices were spot on, I think it was only about $10 per plate which is def one $ in Dallas.

Another sidenote: I was going to buy a shirt but there was very limited number of smalls :-/ .

*** I copied and pasted my review that I had written on Yelp! ***

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
Georgetown
“Not worth the drive..”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Franklin, Tennessee was a great little historic town and we enjoyed it very much, but Puckett's Grocery and Restaurant did not measure up. My husband ordered the fried chicken which stimulated on the menu took extra time because they cooked it to order. The chicken was good, tender, and hot, but not as good served with cold mashed potatoes and onion rings. I ordered the pulled pork which came with onion rings and a corn cake. All cold. The pork was stone cold. We did eat outside which was very enjoyable, but the food should as least be warm when you get it. Nothing was better than what you'd get at a good fast food restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Charleston, South Carolina
“great spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had both lunch and breakfast at Puckett's during our time in Franklin. Both times service was great. For lunch I had the BBQ plate w/ mashed sweet potatos (wonderful) fried okra (good) and squash casarole (wouldn't order again - soggy and bland). By 11 yr old raved about the grilled cheese. Breakfast was simple, fried eggs and grits, all was delicious.

Visited April 2013
Seneca, South Carolina
“Refused to serve us”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

After traveling more than 7 hours and reading several rave reviews, we made plans to eat tonight at Puckett's. I am one who researches thoroughly before traveling and there was no mention that reservations were required in any of my material. We walked in the door at 5:45 pm, the place was literally empty, but we were met very rudely at the door by a young man who told us they did not serve anyone who did not have reservations. Obviously, we turned around and found a very nice BBQ Restaurant in Franklin (Stroud's) and ate there. Disappointment does not describe my feelings. We have traveled extensively and have never been turned away nor treated as rudely as we were at Puckett's in Franklin. I will never go back there nor would I ever recommend that restaurant to anyone. They should be ashamed that they could not extend Southern hospitality to 2 hungry travelers.

• Visited April 2013
Max S, General Manager at Puckett's Grocery & Restaurant, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Please accept my most sincere apologies for your treatment by our staff at Puckett’s last Saturday. We take these incidents very seriously, and strive to educate our staff to be courteous and informative at all times. We consider this an opportunity to learn a valuable lesson to better ourselves, and the guest experience, and recommit ourselves to giving the type of full service and genuine concern our guests expect from us.

I would hope you would consider giving us the favor of visiting us again.

Thank you again for your valuable letter.
Nashville, Tennessee
“Loved the Music, Went Back for Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Lots of fun, good food and great music on the weekends. We made a reservation for dinner on a Friday might and stayed for the band that started around 9. Super friendly staff, cold beer, great shrimp and grits and fried pickles. Food deserving of an extra 30 minutes (or more) on the treadmill! We felt like we got lucky with a band that we really enjoyed but I think you'll like almost any band in the area on any night. Other musicians joined the band on stage from the audience for a few numbers and really put on a good show.

We liked it so much we came back on Sunday for brunch with some local friends. No reservations for brunch but we got there before they got busy after church and didn't have to wait long. Lots of great dishes, not for the calorie faint of heart but really enjoyed my Bubba Eggs Benedict.

Would go back again with a group of any size. Would definitely bring the kids for brunch. Free, municipal lot across the street. Pretty street with lots of shops to walk to but most are closed on Sundays. They have other locations but this review is for the Franklin (original?) restaurant.

• Visited March 2013