“Awful” 1 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I walked in to the room and noticed immediately that it reeked and the bedding was filthy. The comforters looked like someone had eaten Thanksgiving dinner on both beds. The room was in terrible condition (dirty carpets, dented and marked up walls, dingy bathroom). The pillows on both beds had hair all over them, which was the last straw for me. I called the night manager on duty and told them I was not staying. He was nice enough to call a hotel down the street to get me a room, but had no excuse for why the room was so bad. I consider myself lucky that they didn't have any other rooms available. I had my family with me and there was no way I would have let my kids in that room. I was tricked by a few positive reviews, but the "Under New Management" sign out front should have been a tip to stay away. The manager offered to discount my next stay with them, but I won't be taking them (or any other Best Western) up on the offer. I didn't expect much from this place, but they managed to somehow disappoint.

Room Tip: Better hotels are available on the other side of I-65, right behind the Cracker Barrel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
bestwesternfranklini, Webmaster at BEST WESTERN Franklin Inn, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Best Western for your recent stay in our area.

We appreciate your review and take it seriously for improvement. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

Remodeling of the rooms further are on the cards and housekeeping staff have received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them and to ensure the cleanliness of each room before checking in new guests.

We hope you received a good hospitality from the hotel staff as it seems from the review and it was rightly expected from them.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay with us.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Franklin, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is an average hotel, for a much lower than average price. I've stayed in better hotels, all over the world - for two or four or six times more than what I paid to stay here. For an inexpensive hotel, I'd recommend this one. If you expect an above average room, then there are several in the area for double the price. The hotel seems to be under new management, and they seem to be serious about providing a good clean place to stay. The first time I stayed they were re-sealing and re-striping the parking lot, now it looks great. I've stayed here two weekends, when all I needed was a place to sleep and shower and grab a cup of coffee - the rooms were clean and the beds were just fine. It is very conveniently located, (barely) within sight of I-65 - but just far enough away so there is no road noise. Sure, there are a (very) few things that could be upgraded, but then we'd all be paying an additional $20/night to stay there also. The maids are friendly and the front desk staff is efficient. I'll stay there again if I need a hotel in Franklin.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

I WILL be uploading a picture of the COCKROACH I killed in my room yesterday! Not to mention the carpets are sooooooo gross... I didn't get done putting my stuff away (out of the luggage) and the bottoms of my feet were COMPLETELY BLACK... I'm not over exaggerating one bit.. they were not dark and dirty they had thick black sute caked on them. I decided to suck that up but then found a cockroach. I'm completely disgusted and so worried that I am going to bring those bugs to infest my personal home! When telling the person at the desk she did not act surprised or worried at all... Until people started coming in and she then seemed worried and mentioned that they have been spraying. Very grossed out and disturbed!

• Stayed August 2012
bestwesternfranklini, Webmaster at BEST WESTERN Franklin Inn, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us for your recent stay in our area.

We have noted your website with observations which we take seriously towards further improvement.

Please note that based on your review we have taken the following steps.

• Housekeeping staff received extra training to ensure the highest degree of cleanliness. They have been instructed to ensure the best hygiene and proper amenities before checking in a new guest to the room.

• Front office staff has received extra training as to their responsibility to ensure that all guest requests are handled in the best possible manner and also to maintain an enduring hospitality.

I am sure that the next time you visit our area you will once again choose to stay at our hotel and experience the difference.

Ft.Wayne.IN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We didn't have a reservation but I am a senior citizen and so is my sister and we look like senior citizens. When I went in to see if there were rooms available, they didn't bother to ask if we would have a problem with going upstairs (no elevator) and went ahead and rented me the room and I didn't know until we went looking for the room that we would have to haul our luggage up stairs. Hotel rooms needs a facelift badly but were clean.

Room Tip: Make sure before accepting the room that you know what floor you are on because there are no elevato...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Best Western during your recent visit to our area.

We appreciate you for giving us a review and we take it very seriously indeed as this will contribute a long way to ensure that your experience however is never repeated.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• The hotel staffs have received additional training in making effective communication with our guests and to ensure the best hospitality and guest care.

Thanks for your positive remark about the cleanliness of the rooms, but we are taking steps improve the same further and also revamping it soon.

We invite you and hope that you will choose us the next time for your stay at our area and experience the new hospitality.

Seattle, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was not bad for the price, it was close to a lot of restaurants and the highway.The rooms was clean.Quite and safe area.hotel clerk was nice.We would stay here on a short trip.There was an error in our price and clerk quickly fixed it.

• Stayed July 2012
dlegg353, Manager at BEST WESTERN Franklin Inn, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future

Toledo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

After reading all the reviews on here I was very nervous about staying here. I have to say I'm very surprised with all the negative reviews. The hotel for the price was well worth it. The bed was clean and comfortable and TV was perfect and worked great.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to respond to our Property.
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guest in the future.

Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Stayed here on our way to MIchigan. Surprised to see the number of bad reviews because we thought this place served our needs well. The room had 2 queen beds, free wifi and a full hot breakfast in the morning. The breakfast included eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy along with cereal and pastries. A nice touch was a person serving the hot food so that it stayed clean and neat. We will certainly consider staying here again,

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback.. By telling us what you liked and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guest in the future.

Been to BEST WESTERN Franklin Inn? Share your experiences!