“A dump!” 1 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“A dump!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Booked a room through hotwire.com. After receiving the disappointing choice I had made, I check out of curiosity. The rate I was charged was not even discounted. When I arrived, I asked for a king bed. The staff refused, saying the bed choice was made by hotwire. They also claimed the hotel was full. Both were lies. The room was extremely small, outdated, dirty and reeked of perfume (undoubtedly to cover the smoky smell). I would sleep in my car before spending another night in this hell-hole!

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
dlegg353, Manager at BEST WESTERN Franklin Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to review our property. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations on your recent stay at our hotel. I reviewed your reservation from Hotwire and the hotel did honor your request from Hotwire as stated by the reservation. Our staff tries very hard to accomadate all reservations per guest request. We were 100% full that night and would have been more than happy to change rooms if that room type that you requested was available. We apologies again for not meeting your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Dothan, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on a motorcycle trip. We had stayed at Best Westerns on this trip and were treated very well, but this Best Western fell well below expectations. We were signed in by a person who was not very friendly at all. When we were trying to check out I finally gave up and just left the keys in the room.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to review our property. I apologies for not meeting your expectations when visiting our property. I hope that you will give us another chance to prove that we can and want to be your hotel choice when visiting Franklin Tennessee.
Kinder, Louisiana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I didn't want to walk barefoot on the carpets. There was no remote for the t.v. and when someone came to bring us one he barely spoke English. He walked up to the t.v. set and tried to tell us that u had to turn it on and off manually. Normally that wouldn't bother me but I wanted to 'touch' as little as possible in that place. We stayed there until our rooms at the Gaylord in Nashville were open. This was during CMA Music Fest and everything in the area was booked. Paid ALOT of money to stay there and the only thing good I can say is that it's next door to Shoney's. Hubby and I couldn't wait to get out of there.

• Stayed June 2012
dlegg353, Manager at BEST WESTERN Franklin Inn, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our property on your recent stay.

Blacksburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We should have asked to change rooms but didn't. There was a strange unrecognizable overpowering smell and a damp spot on the carpet. It was fairly clean otherwise.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for reviewing or property on your recent stay.

Spruce Pine, Alabama, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

The room was clean, also the bed. THe room was also small. We stayed in a queen size bed, single room. It has a safe, table, a outdated TV, with a comcast box which the remote didnot work. The plug in had a short in it and at first the tv didnt work. Besides that had a nice stay for the price. I also Killed 2 baby roaches on the wall, which they could have came from out side because they was close to the door. I paid 44.00 for the room so I wasnt going to complain

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Kenbw, Public Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Franklin Inn, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologies for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction and feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a quality stay.

Thank you again and we look forward to your patronage in the future
Cabot, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for the economical price and proximity to two family restaurants in walking distance. As we checked in we were up graded to king/first floor. Hotel property had been footprint of another national chain hotel. Although the bedding had been upgraded, the fitted sheet does not fit! We would stay there again, when we are in the area. Outside pool(small) but there is an excellent playground for children safe and child friendly on property.

Room Tip: Looking for an economical sleep only, with eateries of all kinds very close by. We had no children...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Kenbw, Manager at BEST WESTERN Franklin Inn, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time out for submitting a review on our hotel. We strive hard to make sure each and every one of our guest has a pleasant stay. We are checking in on the fitted sheet problem that you mentioned and will make sure that it gets corrected. We look forward to visiting us again and we hope to meet and exceed your expectations.

David
Morristown, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel as my company was having a meeting in the hotel's conference room. The room for the most part was fine. I did have a broken desk chair and the tv kept going in and out. The bed was comfortable and that was really my main concern. The staff was helpful when I asked for directions to a local restaurant. Also, the hotel was within easy walking distance to Starbucks. The price was very affordable and if I were to be in the area again, I'd most likely stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side, away from the office.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the review on our hotel. We strive hard to make sure each guest has a pleasant stay. We look forward to your future patronage.

Sincerely

David

Been to BEST WESTERN Franklin Inn? Share your experiences!