“J Alexander's Restaurant in Franklin Tn” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Delicatessen, Hamburgers, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Jackson, Mississippi
“J Alexander's Restaurant in Franklin Tn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I took my date there on a Wednesday night. It was packed. That says a lot to me. It had a good atmosphere. We both had a filet mignon and a bottle of wine. It was quite noisy and presented somewhat of a problem in conversing with my date. I would say that my overall experience would be to give it a 7 or 8 on a 10 point scale and I would recommend it to anyone interested. Dwight M

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Monroe, Tennessee
“Good but”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We went to Alexander's last week. I ordered the filet and my husband ordered the prime rib. My filet was great. Cooked perfectly but my husband's prime rib was fatty and more med well rather than med rare. I would recommend the filet but not the prime rib. We didn't drink but had a salad.They had the door open with a screen in the area we were in the front. When we walked outside you could hear conversations very clearly. The restaurant was kind of noisy.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Informal--Family together”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Classy appearing outside---steak-house décor inside with muted lighting and an open kitchen--
Plated entre's appearing very nice---quick: Ordered bowl of famous Chix soup and two spoonfulls later the main course arrives " I hope this is not too soon!" welllll! DoooooH!

Excellent service---high marks for flavors----the sliced prime-rib sandwich is a gotta-have-it
class. Hard to talk between four folks due to noisy ambiance----booth did not help that even
after requesting a quiet spot.

Recommended for food, wait staff, plate presentation (if not ambitious), and romance if one-on-one across a small table.

Not a good place for groups who want to talk quietly

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Huntsville, AL
“Delicious Food and Nice Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I dined at this restaurant while in town for a weekend getaway. The staff was fabulous. The hostesses dressed in black dresses with pearls and the wait staff dressed in black slacks with long sleeved white shirts and ties. The restaurant is low lit with small ceiling spot lights shining down on each table and real candles burning on each table. The wait staff was buzzing all around attending well to each table. The food was beautifully plated and very delicious. I ate the Filet Mignon with béarnaise sauce and loaded baked potato. The portion size was huge and could have been shared. My husband had the Chicken Salad open faced on the focaccia with orzo/wild rice which also was large enough to share. We did share the banana cream pie which was pretty to look at and not very sweet with a light taste and crumbly crust and dusted on top with shaved chocolate. I would defiantly eat here again. Nice casual dining with an air of elegance.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Franklin, Tennessee
“Awesome Lunch!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

French dip and carrot cake Hello!!!!! If you want to treat yourself one day for lunch this is the place to go. Well worth the price, it's like treating yourself to a massage but this time for your tastebuds!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere