“Savor the Flavors” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cork & Cow is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 324 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Lynnville, Tennessee
“Savor the Flavors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband found this gem looking for an anniversary dinner spot. He scored big with this pick! The Salted Roasted Beets converted me into growing some this year. The Shrimp, Scallops, Gnocchi was cooked to delicious perfection! The groom had an Italian Wedge, followed by a perfect steak. I have to admit I drooled a little when I saw the crisp jowl sticking from his lettuce. He happened to overhear a server describing a dessert with sour cream ice cream. So, before our server had a chance to get too far into the sinful sounding desserts, we asked about what he had heard. Carrot Cake, cream cheese frosting with sour cream ice cream! The tanginess of the ice cream with the warm hug of the comfort of carrot cake was a wow! The service was just wonderful! We will be back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Franklin, Tennessee
1,275 reviews 1,275 reviews
“Great meal all around.. A great night for a special event”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We went for a friends 40th birthday celebration. It was just the four of us (two couples ) and we started t the downstairs bar for a cocktail. The bartender is extremely knowledgable and not just a kid or bartender shopping beers or simple vodka and tonics.. Makes incredible cocktails..pricey but delicious..we were then led to our table upstairs where Rachel our waitress waited on us. She was very good but ironic that she is a vegetarian in a steak house...so tough for her to recommend their main entrees. I have been four times and I have had great service with "red" and Rachel..then male waiter was ok but no personality and not as attentive or a much energy. We pretty much had everything on the menu.. Tuna tartar, carpaccio,a short rip taco type of app and tempura lobster..overall all excellent. We had a Malbec bottle of wine to go easy on wine costs..around 45 dollars..the side dishes were Mac and Cheese which is a must when you go, Brussels sprouts and potatoes...all were amazing! The three of us had the bone in Filet that is local to grass fed cows in Leipers Fork...I eat steak all over this country and it is one of the finest steaks you will eat anywhere. My wife got rack of lamb which she loved. All the cuts and lam were cooked perfectly. The French press coffee for dessert was delicious and we were so stuffed that we only got two desserts.. Cheese cake was just ok and the molten type chocolate with homemade vanilla ice cream was delicious.. Also forgot to mention we had three salads and they were all very good..
So I suggest on Friday and Saturday nights to sit upstairs for more peaceful night..have sat downstairs and it can be quite noisy and can disturb meal...expect to spend about $125-$150 per person..we only had one bottle of wine and the food listed above..$100 without wine and 125 plus with a drink or vino... Overall I go more often because of business and not an issue but from a personal level it is to pricey to go unless its a special occasion like our dear friends..well worth it.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nashville, Tennessee
“Fantastic restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Once again Jason McConnell has hit the mark. What a fabulous dinner we had. The asparagus salad is not to be missed and the aged beef steak was tender and cooked perfectly. Service was friendly and helpful too. Wonderful night.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nashville, Tennessee
“Good Food High Dollar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We were pretty excited to visit a new place within walking distance of the Franklin Theatre (the Big Bad Voodoo Daddy performance ... awesome!). The decor is pretty cool and we were seated upstairs. Everything is pretty much ala carte;although, the steaks come with a red smashed potato which I really liked. Bread is brought to the table in a cast iron skillet. It is intended to be a focaccia but the heat of the skillet bakes the bottom of the bread to about 1/2 inch of total hardness. Cute, but not clever if you actually want to eat the bread. We started off with a beef short rib ravioli which was served open faced ... it was good and interestingly presented. I had a filet and thought it tender enough and cooked to the doneness that I had specified but it was a little bit salty and smothered in butter. My handsome man had the WAGYU steak and it was very tasty, but again salty. I had selected the green peppercorn sauce to go with my steak ... totally unnecessary and, again, crazy salty. We had the mac and cheese and Brussel sprouts and I thought both of those side dishes were tasty. The portions for the appetizers and sides are calculated to feed two people and they do. I'm hoping Cork & Cow can get to the same food quality level as it's related neighbor, The Red Pony. I'll be back and I'll be hoping for a bit better for the price ... $120 for 2 with 1 glass of wine each and no dessert.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Nashville
“It was ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband and i met some friends here and We knew it would be busy since we could not get a table until 9:15 so we decided to meet and hang out in "the bistro" area. The entire restaurant is small and LOUD. The food was good but nothing that we would rave about. The prices were high for what was served. We had heard so much about this great wine list but we were disappointed. We did find out that you can bring you own wine and there is a corking fee of 15.00. I would recommend that because they had a pretty significant mark up in their wines. I am not sure that i would go back, not that it was terrible but there are alot of restuarants that have better food and are better priced and we dont mind spending money on fine dining. John at the bar was very good...he gets 5 stars.

• Visited February 2013