“A Good Hotel, But One Caution” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points!
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Franklin
Walnut Creek, CA
“A Good Hotel, But One Caution”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

This Embassy Suites was a good example of the chain: clean, functional and spacious room, pleasant staff, great breakfast, a decent restaurant and bar. One gripe is that they claim free internet access on their web listing, and in the room none of the hotel services directory nor two info-cards about internet access mention a charge, but when you log on it asks for your name and room number, but mentions the $10 charge only in tiny light-gray print which is easy to miss, which I did. I'm disappointed that a once up-front, fair dealing outfit like Embassy Suites has succombed to these "gotcha" tactics like so many of the so-called "respectable" chans. It's a shame, but I guess it's a sign of the times.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Freeport, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

We had a great time in Nashville and part of it was due to the location and rooms at this Embassy. close to shopping and lots of good resturants. room was spacious and amenities are always good. Great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

This is my second stay ... here because of the location. Oh, why did I come back? It's the same old problems:
-Indifferent, blaze staff with no hospitality
-No one answers at the operator/front desk
-Broken stuff: door lock, leaky bath drain, phone busted, remote control dead
-Business center printing system didn't work despite confirmations
-Pool is cloudy with a slimy lining on the water surface
-Small fitness center stinks of rubber

The place feels about as friendly & functional as your average airport lounge!

Good points are the spacious rooms and comfortable beds, but in Nashville it's not hard to find! Breakfast is not bad. But overall, this place gives me the creeps.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

I traveled to the Embassy Suites for one night on a business trip. The staff was friendly and the accomodations were tremendous.

The good: the room itself was a two room suite with one bathroom. I entered into an office/kitchen/louge area complete with an entertainment center/TV, pull out sofa sleeper, a desk, two chairs, a sink, mini fridge, coffee maker, and countertop. Walking further into the room, there was a bathroom before ultimately the king bedroom. In the bedroom, there was a closet, two nightstands, another desk, and an entertainment center with TV. The room would have been ideal if I had brought my family. I will bring them next time for sure. The pool was great, as was the hot breakfast. In fact, the breakfast was amazing and free. When making your reservations, remember that added value of $10-15 per person that the breakfast represents. That alone makes this hotel a HUGE value.

The Bads: There really isn't any. The noise in the large (and beautiful) atrium could sometimes get loud, but I never noticed it when I was inside the room. The ballroom that our event was served dinner in was average at best and had no charm, decor, or anything else other than tables, chair, and blank walls.

Overall: I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Dresden, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

This is an exceptional hotel. The breakfast was great--no problems at all. Bacon/Sausage, Eggs/Omelets cooked to order with everything from spinach to cheese to choose from, a varitey of pastries, fruit, drinks. We also visited the restaurant in the hotel for dinner one evening; we were pleasantly surprised by the qualtiy of the food that was served. The rooms were very spacious and clean. I would stay at this hotel on every trip if I could take it with me!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

We usually prefer Embassy Suites. They had a different set-up than other Embassy Suites. No bacon on buffet. They said you must stand in line. My husband stood in line 35 minutes. My daughter and I got food from the buffett. I bit into my bagel and realized it was molded. I went to the front desk and told there was not a manager on duty. When I kept checking with my husband, to see what was taking so long, I told the lady putting food out she needed to remove the bagels (I told her a second time when I went back to tell him there weren't any tables or chairs available). A manager (without much authority) came in at 10:15. He said I would be contacted Monday or Tuesday regarding my experience. He did offer to comp our lunch. I wasn't up for eating anything from there and we needed to leave to get to the ballfield. It's Tuesday and still no response. This is a rather old Embassy and lacks the luster of many we've stayed in. The only reason we stayed there (instead of with the team) was because of being able to get a good breakfast and getting our daughter to the ballfield. I called corporate office today and made a complaint. She seemed concerned and I am certain she will investigate and resolve this issue.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Chattanooga, TN USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2009

Great hotel. Open, center atrium is great with rooms still quiet enough for light sleepers. EXCELLENT amenities include managers reception (bar) for 2 hrs every night, and cooked to order omlets/breakfast included in room price. Top tier hotel amenities, althought it is in a business park and no public or walking distance to much else - car required. Franklin is very historic, small town close by as well as Nashville - easy, modern highway drive. Newer business park/suburb of Nashville. Typical American suburb strip and malls nearby.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites Nashville South/Cool Springs? Share your experiences!