“water leak in ceiling overpriced” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Nashville - Franklin - Cool Springs

You added Extended Stay America - Nashville - Franklin - Cool Springs to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Nashville - Franklin - Cool Springs
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   680 Bakers Bridge Avenue, Franklin, TN 37067 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Nashville - Franklin - Cool Springs)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #20 of 21 Hotels in Franklin
Danville, Kentucky
“water leak in ceiling overpriced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I have stayed in nicer motel 6 rooms.. The rooms are extremely overpriced for the quality and the service or lack there of. The room had a leaky ceiling apparently from the room above, dirty carpeting room was not cleaned in the week I stayed there. They are giving less amenities but increasing the room rates. The rates for 2013 will go up nearly 45%. I truly hope this is because they are going to do major repairs to all the buildings. Nasty musty smell, water leaks, dirty bedding, carpeting nasty. For the new higher prices. strip the rooms and start over.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Nashville - Franklin - Cool Springs, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Nashville - Franklin - Cool Springs . Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Athens, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

I stayed here for four nights each week for three straight weeks for business travel. My experience got progressively worse. The place is pretty run down and in need of repairs. There is a lot of traffic noise in some of the rooms. The folks at the front desk are friendly enough. My chief complaint is the lack of cleanliness. It looks like the tubs have never been cleaned well and there were other problems. In one room the refrigerator knocked loudly all night and leaked into the floor. However, the last night that I stayed in for one night on the fourth week was the worst. When I got into the room I saw immediately that it was nasty. It looked like the carpet had not been vacuumed. There were small clumps of mud on the kitchen floor and loose dirt and black spots in the tub. There was a pubic hair on the toilet seat. I called to the front desk and asked for another room but was told that there were no more non-smoking rooms available. So I went into the bathroom and tried to scrub off some of the dirt from the tub with a soapy washcloth. When I rinsed the tub with the shower, I noticed that water had evaded the shower curtain and pooled near the back of the tub in a low spot. That was when I noticed the big spot of wet, slimy mold in the low spot on the floor. The next morning the staff cheerfully refunded me my money for the four days for which I had paid. I never went back.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a more expensive room if you are going to stay, they are less heavily used and in better...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Franklin, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

I was very nervous about staying here after reading the reviews. I basically had no choice in staying here as I was on a business trip and had no transportation except to rely on my tightwad boss. My boss actually expected me to share a room with someone I didn't know for 2 weeks - that's how tight he is (was, thankfully I am rid of that idiot). The exterior doesn't look so bad but when you open the door to your room, it's another story. My air conditioner wouldn't work at night and the controls on the wall had a piece of tape on them saying not to use them and to only use the main unit. Nice - neither worked. I was very impressed with the water stains and peeling sheetrock on the ceiling - such a nice touch. God only knows what kind of mold was living in there. I was placed in a handicapped room which meant that there were bars everywhere in the bathroom, which is good if you need it. Fortunately, I didn't need them but I had NO counter space in the bathroom so I had to leave my toiletries either in a kitchen drawer or on the nasty floor. On my first night there (after driving 14 hours since my tightwad boss wouldn't spring for airfare), I decided to take a shower in the mildewed shower. When I turned the water off, I was standing in about a foot of water as the tub wouldn't drain. So much for a nice, clean, fresh feeling. The toilet had red and black mold & mildew stains in it and when housekeeping came by for their weekly "cleaning", they didn't touch it. They also wouldn't replenish soap or toilet paper and they didn't clean any dishes. I also had to use the laundry facilities twice. The laundry room was filthy and reeked of cigarette smoke. The first time I was there I sat and waited on my clothes to be done as I didn't feel comfortable leaving them. I've never seen such trashy, crackhead looking people in my life come in and fill up every empty machine. Also, the noise level in the parking lot is awful as apparently someone had some huge dogs with them. Those lovely folks didn't feel the need to clean up after their pets either.

What was funny is that my boss told us that the corporate people recommended that we stay there. However, when corporate asked where we were staying they all had a look of disgust and disbelief that anyone would actually stay there. Hmmmm, think the tightwad had something to do with that?

Bottom line - don't stay here. You'll be glad you didn't.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

Never, ever stay at this dump. I live in Nashville, yet booked a room here for after a wedding. First, the front door was blocked by a park bench. After 4 calls to Homestead corporate, and me dragging the bench away from the door and YELLING for management, we were finally awarded our "room". We stood in the room for less than 3 minutes and the smell and overall discusting "feel" of the room made us drive home at 3:30am. I'd rather share cardboard box with an axe murderer than EVER step foot in this hell hole ever again.

Room Tip: Here's a tip...stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Nashville, TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

The room we stayed in needed quite a bit of attention. For starters the bathroom had not been cleaned well. Their was mold on the shower tiles and around the fixtures. The bottom of the bath tub was black and had soap scum. The vinly floors in the bathroom and the kitchen had tears in several places. The refrigerator had mold issues as well. The kitchen droors and cabinets appeared unclean too. One of the lamps did not work. Their was a gigantic cob web in the corner next to the window.The lamp shades on three of the five lamps were loaded with dust and in need of replacement. In all fairness the beds were decent and the sheets were clean. The room had dishes, coffee maker, toaster, etc. The location is awesome but I expected a little better from a Homestead property. They need pest control too, I killed three spiders!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

We often stay in Extended stay hotels when traveling for 3 nights or longer. This location met our expectations. It was clean, well managed and everything worked well. We were upgraded to a suite by the staff - it was a nice surprise when we checked in. The staff was helpful and knowledgeable. We also got $20 off our room by joining their on-line club (free) just before our trip.

Our one complaint was that the beds were not very comfortable. They were adequate, but felt stiff - I could feel the springs when I turned on my side. Then again, we have memory foam at home so we might just be spoiled. :)

Other than that this place was just what we needed. We were attending a conference nearby and needed a place to relax, sleep and have breakfast. Having the kitchen utilities allowed us to have leisurely breakfasts before heading out instead of having to go to Denny's or McDonalds each day. This chain does not include breakfast, but they do give you complimentary coffee with the coffee pot in your room. They also give you a full set of dishes, pots and pans along with a refrigerator, microwave and small stove. You have all you need to be self-sufficient for several days. There is a Publix grocery store right around the corner.
Also, there is a list of 93 restaurants in the surrounding area - you can get a copy of this (with a map) from the staff at the front desk. The area is surrounded by malls, movie theatres and restaurants in the beautiful countryside of Franklin, TN.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor if you have trouble with stairs - I didn't see any elevators.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Danville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

Refrigerator/freezer not working, air conditioning did not work, needed light bulbs, no alarm clock. Manager would not move me. I had to waste a day of vacation to wait to have a frige brought from another room, after several trips to the office, and them figuring out the repairman was not going to show up for a few days. They did evevtually put in a new air unit, light bulbs and alarm clock.

was not reimbursed for the food lost due to the frige/freezer not woking.

With 7 night stay room should be cleaned once and towels exchanged. Room was never cleaned and towels not exchanged.

contacted Extened Stay hotels and received no reply.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Been to Extended Stay America - Nashville - Franklin - Cool Springs? Share your experiences!