“Perfect!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Butterfly Meadows Inn and Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Franklin
Butterfly Meadows Inn and Farm
You added Butterfly Meadows Inn and Farm to your Saves list
6775 Bethesda Arno Road, Franklin, TN 37179   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Franklin B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

I rarely use the word "perfect" to describe anything, but it's the right word for the lovely Bed and Breakfast called Butterfly Meadows Inn and Farm. The owner and staff have thought of everything to make each guest's stay an absolute delight. My dear friend and I stayed in the Carriage House, and enjoyed a large living room with a Keurig, refrigerator, HD TV with DVD player and homemade cookies in a jar. The bedroom had two amazingly comfortable beds with handmade quilts, a large, lighted closet and charming furniture. The bath was large, clean, and beautiful, The main house featured two libraries, a music room, a large porch with comfortable rocking chairs and lovely areas for sitting and dining. We were given a tour of the other guest rooms, and loved each one of the individually decorated spaces. The breakfast was incredible and not to be missed. We had fresh baked muffins and scones, cheese grits, egg and potato wraps, fresh fruit, bacon, oatmeal with a brûlée topping and much more, and we were only there two days! We loved meeting and talking with the owner and all the staff. The grounds are immaculate, and the the area is one of the most peaceful I've ever experienced. I will go back, I hope many times!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Cookeville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

While searching on the internet I found Butterfly Inn and Farm. I was looking for a B & B out in country that was quite and my wife could relax. When we arrive Norman welcomed us and showed around the inn and our room. Next morning wake up smelling the breakfast that Anna had cooked us for the guest. Anna made you feel at home and yopu think you haved known her all of your life. We will be going back again. Everyting was amazing!!!!

Room Tip: Virginia is an awesome room!!
Tustin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

My wife and I came for the first time to Tennessee for a wedding and to see some friends In Franklin. Our web search for a bed and breakfast brought us to Butterfly Meadows. I have to say this is the cleanest place I have ever stayed in. It's roomy and the decor is incredible. While it's a little tricky to find, it is well worth the search. If you what a true escape to the "real country side" of this area you will love this place. Our iPhone GPS guide was helpful but the iPad size is better to get a better view in relation to which way to go when you come to the crossroads. Recommend you print the directions they provide as well. Breakfast and the Tennessee hospitality here at the Inn is very relaxed and daily like. They say to "come as friends and leave as family" and that is the feel we got from our stay. The surronding farm properties on the endless rolling hills, with lush forest and green belts is so beautiful. We will look this place up again next visit 4sho!

Thank you Butterfly Meadows for your kindness and hospitality. This was the most relaing and comfortable place I have ever stayed at. I can tell future stays here will require advanced reservations as the word gets out.

Until next time!

Ken Ezell
Tustin, Ca

birmingham, michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed 5 nights at Butterfly Meadows in April 2012. I can't say enough good things about this inn. I'll start with our accommodations. We stayed in the carriage house which is separate from the main house. My husband needed peace and quiet as he was writing a book. The carriage house was nice and private along with being quiet. The apartment was very large and comfortable with 2 queen beds in the spacious bedroom and another two small love seats in the equally spacious living area that open to a twin bed each. The bathroom was very clean (as was the whole apartment) with a great shower. There is a small refrigerator, microwave, and Keurig individual-cup coffee maker.
Darlene and Norman Bobo have done a fabulous job with their attention to detail throughout the inn, carriage house, and grounds. As an example, there was NOT ONE creak in the wood floor which was a plus as I moved about while my husband was writing. I know that sounds like an odd observation but it's the small things that make you realize the thought that was put into this space.
Now let's talk about breakfast. Oh, my! In the five mornings we were there, not one breakfast was repeated. There was always a touch of 'down south' in the fare and enough to keep me satiated until dinner. And they give you a nice explanation of the dishes served.
The women that work at the inn are perfect for their job as they are the friendliest people you could encounter - Heather, Anna, and Amy.
Gosh, there's so much to write about this place! The library upstairs is fabulous. Darlene home-schooled her daughter Abigail and the extensive book collection is a reflection of that. Abigail is a musician and in one room on the main floor of the inn you see all her instruments set up and can hear her play when she chooses. She plays piano, guitar, and harp (maybe more...).
I HIGHLY recommend this inn. You won't be disappointed at all. They all go out of their way to accommodate your every need.

Room Tip: The carriage house is a fabulous size especially if you were traveling with more than 4 people.
Grand Haven
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a four day stay at the Butterfly Meadows Inn & Farm. It was amazing! We were looking for a place to get away from the Michigan cold, to be able to enjoy the outside and relax. This was the perfect place. Whether it was sitting on the back porch in the rocking chairs overlooking the woods, walking the grounds or enjoying the many sitting areas inside the inn-we enjoyed it all. The breakfasts were fabulous, the decor was was warm, inviting and the every inch of the place was immaculate! The staff was so friendly and accomodating and gave us great suggestions on places to eat in the neighboring town of Franklin. Everything was wonderful. We will definitely be back! Marcia L.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
O'Fallon, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at this B&B, and loved it. The owners and staff were phenomenal. The B&B is exceptionally clean, and beautifully decorated. It sits on top of a very tall hill, and is very secluded. It is very quiet and peaceful. The B&B has wonderful decor, and attention to even the smallest detail is seen throughout the B&B. We especially loved sitting out on the large porch and rocking in the large rocking chairs. The view from the back porch is beautiful. The breakfast was very good! I cannot say enough good things about Butterfly Meadows!!! We will definitely be back!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

My wife and I arrived at the Butterfly Meadows Inn & Farm March 19 and reluctantly departed Friday morning, March 23. Many years ago we lived on the west coast and frequented B&Bs throughout California. Over the years we learned the promotional material was too frequently creative writing rather than fact. Not so at Butterfly.

The facility is beautiful, clean and very comfortable. The structure is circa 2009, an authentic replica of an old farmhouse which retains the charm and nostalgia of that era of American history. The breakfasts are each unique and delicious prepared by a chef who loves to cook and takes great satisfaction from the smiles and accolades of the guests.

The Butterfly is as quiet and private as you want it to be yet it incorporates modern conveniences and state of the art technology. Darlene and Norman are your hosts who have created a jewel of an experience for the weary traveler fooled too many time by creative writing. Enjoy!

John and Nancy
Charlottesville, Virginia

Room Tip: Visit the nearby family owned/operated dairy for the best chocolate milk in the U.S.A.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Butterfly Meadows Inn and Farm? Share your experiences!