“Continued Marriott Excellence” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Franklin
Louisville, KY
“Continued Marriott Excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Staff was terrific, hotel is in virtually new condition and typical Marriott style everything according to standard.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
FRANKLIN64, Director of Sales at Residence Inn by Marriott Franklin Cool Springs, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear Big58Ben,

I appreciate hearing from you and will relay your comments to the team. We are getting near to the 3-year point and work hard to keep this place looking brand new!

Thank you again- please let me know if I can be of future service.

615-435-0040

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

This was one of the nicest residence inns I have stayed in! They were very friendly and helpful! They had a full fridge, microwave, stove and dishwasher along with kitchen items. They had a tasty free breakfast menu that had many hot meals on it such as scrambled eggs, breakfast sandwiches, waffles and more! They also have free draft beer on selected days with free light dinner! We needed to stay one more night and gladly got us in! I will always stay here when I come to Franklin!!

Stayed June 2012

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear BrittC15,

Thank you for the nice comments! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had the opportunity to take advantage of the wonderful amenities of the hotel.

Have a great week- we look forward to being your hotel of choice next time!! :)

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I have been looking at the two lates reviews, I happen to be in the lobby at the same time gowestman was there. He wasn't friendly either just because you are a Rewards member doesn't mean you can be unfriendly. The front desk staff was very friendly to me and my family,sometimes you get what you give. You requested an early check in well you can only check in early if there are rooms ready. If the hotel is sold out the night before what are they suppose to do???? Ask the guest to hurry because Mr. Gowestman wants to check in early.... The soda's was $2.25 not $4.50 stop exaggerating. Some people just don't like to hear the word NO.... If you were in the hotel business then you should know things happen too bad they don't have surveys for people like you Mr. Gowestman Shame on you for giving a false report about this hotel...

Room Tip: Get the corner room they are bigger...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
FRANKLIN64, Director of Sales at Residence Inn by Marriott Franklin Cool Springs, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Dear Johnny L.,

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate you for taking the time to provide a review and am happy to read that you had a great stay with us!

Have a great weekend and we look forward to your next visit to Franklin!

Atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

From the minute I walked in at 1:30pm to ask if I could check in early, I got a no, it will be about an hour (I'm a Marriott rewards memeber, and requested an early check in and extra pillows, I got neither one). The front dest woman was neither friendly, engaging or inviting. The other "guy" near here didn't even smile or make eye contact either. So much for that.
After we checked in, (no extra pillows by the way), my wife went the the ammenties shop to buy a $4.50 Pepsi, of which the unfriendly front desk clerk continued her not so friendly ways, no eye contact, no smile, not friendly at all.
We were packing up the next morning, I went down to the front desk to get a bellman cart, I asked the....you guessed itm the same ole front dest woman where I could find one, she said, they are usually down at the end of the hall on the left. None there! I asked her if she help me locate one and she said....no I can't, I'm the only here right now. Nice to know Marriott Hotels has one emplyee in the whole hotel at 8:30am on a Sunday morning. I'll refrain from naming here here, but will save those comments for the Marriott survey I'll get. Too much competition in this business, as I am also a Hilton Honors, and Holiday Memeber.
I've been in the hotel business, and this hotel is not managed like the way I know Marriott would want their hotel managed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Gowestman,

Thank you for your time and response. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention, but also wanted to clarify a few points.

An early check in on a reservation is simply a request and not a guarantee. Our award winning team works hard and diligently to make sure that everyone has a smooth check-in/checkout process. Official hotel check in time (that is stated on your reservation email) is 3:00pm and checkout time is 12:00pm. That being said, it will take some time, if a guest checks out at 12:00pm, to fully prepare the room for your arrival at 1:30pm. We did sell out the night before and regularly have very high occupancy. However we should be doing our very best to accommodate early check-in requests and we will take the time to review this with our Front Desk team.

We also have an adequate number of luggage carts but during peak check-out times these are frequently in use. We hope that our guests are courteous enough to return these carts in a timely manner but unfortunately we do run into rare occasions where these are out of circulation for an extended period of time. It is also not unusual for limited service properties to have one Front Desk associate on staff at a time during early morning, or late evening, hours which will limit their capability of assisting with locating a cart. However, after 8am the Housekeeping staff and/or management coverage arrives which allows us more flexibility. Unfortunately, during the time of your request which we show came in at approximately 7:15am we had limited staffing.

I've spoken with the team and have reminded them about continuing to provide service that is above and beyond our competition. I also apologize as not receiving additional pillows and a luggage cart can serve as a temporary inconvenience. I can assure you that given another opportunity we will deliver on these requests.

I would enjoy the opportunity to discuss your stay with you- please don't hesitate to contact me directly, or our General Manager- T.J. Angeleno.

We do look forward to your next stay with us, as I'm confident that you'll find out why we're #1 in Franklin.

Have a nice week- I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Director of Sales
Franklin, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I booked this $200.00/night hotel for the CMA Fanfare with the anticiaption of a place to relax in between events. Well this place is misrepresented on booking.com and Mariott's webpage. The hotel is in an industrial type park with zero green space. Sitting outside to relax means sitting right next to a 500 + car parking lot. The pool is indoors and faces the famous parking lot. Our room is next to a construction site and all you hear all day it the beep beep beep beep of the trucks backing up and the noise of industrial construction. We were unable to move to another hotel because everything is booked. When staying in Franklin avoid all hotels in cool springs as cool springs is an industrial park!!!!!

Room Tip: avoid cool springs area all together if you want to get sleep or relax
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
FRANKLIN64, Director of Sales at Residence Inn by Marriott Franklin Cool Springs, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Hi Judith L.,

Thank you for taking the time to make note regarding the area and your experience.

Our business park is developing at a rapid pace- providing guests and locals with a variety of restaurants and activities within walking distance requires numerous construction projects (many of which are complete).

The remaining parking deck that is being finished is a project that should not be started prior to 7:00am. I appreciate you letting us know so that we can remind the construction team of the appropriate hours of operation.

While availability is a challenge during this very popular event, we will do our best to make sure the remainder of your stay is a comfortable one- please contact me at your convenience.

Fort Stockton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Nice hotel, a little expensive, both room and pet. Hotel is 2.5 years old. Best free breakfast we have seen in ten hotels on this trip. Nice room, nice pool, nice sports court.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Ted D.,

Its good to hear from you! I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us (and that you had the opportunity to bring your puppy along!)

The Franklin area is a little more high-profile than most of the Nashville suburbs and our rates are very comparable to those in the market (although we beat the competition with regards to service and value! :)

The Residence Inn is a Platinum Circle Award winner (3 years running) and Top 5% worldwide for guest satisfaction. We pride ourselves on making sure each and every guest is happy and that they feel they received a terrific value and experience while staying with us.

Also, the non-refundable $100.00 cleaning fee is an industry standard and allows us to ensure that each and every room that has a four-legged friend receives a deep and thorough clean to ensure that it is in perfect shape for the next guest.

I'm happy that you enjoyed your experience and Greg (Breakfast Host Extraordinaire) will be looking forward to providing you with another memorable breakfast!

Please let me know if I can be of additional service- safe travels!

David
Cherokee Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

Stayed here on the way back from Knoxville (were from North Alabama) where we attended the Vanderbilt vs ut football game. We decided too stay one night since we had some Marriott Rewards and chose too stay here. It was a one night stay too get some christmas shopping done at the Cool Springs Mall. The Hotel was great, I have stayed at the 5 star Shoals Marriot in Florence and this hotel beat that in my opinion, great rooms with alot of room, great TV, full size kitchen, staff was great and the pool and hot-tub was excellent. I am very happy too write a review about them. The location is great also....a little difficult too find but there are alot of places too eat around it also great place too stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
FRANKLIN64, Director of Sales at Residence Inn by Marriott Franklin Cool Springs, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Hello Shelbyz75!

Wow- that is a legendary response and we are so happy to hear that we not only met but blew away your expectations!

Traveling long distances can be rough and we do what we can to make the Residence Inn Franklin your home (especially when you can't stay the night in your own home!)

Thank you for your note! See you again soon!

615-435-0040

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Franklin Cool Springs? Share your experiences!