“Hip, Chic Hotel with outstanding staff....First class for business and leisure travelers!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Nashville - Cool Springs

Book Early and Save
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Franklin
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2009

I am a meeting planner/marketer in the Nashville area and have had the opportunity to work with many hotels in middle Tennessee. On my drive to work I noticed a new hotel off Interstate 65 that was a member of the "W Hotels" family called "Aloft Hotel" and decided to give the sales team a call for a tour of the facilty!

My first impression was a positive one...Kristen McBryde, Director of Sales, for the hotel responded to my voicemail within 30 minutes. We spoke briefly about an upcoming meeting I was planning for executives coming in from across our company and immediately set-up a time to meet the next week!

Upon walking into the lobby of the hotel I immediately noticed the urban chic design of the entrance...local artist's works covered the wall adjacent to the pool table across from a really cool looking "WXYZ" bar...A fresh scent of the tropics tickled my nose and I was blown away by the friendliness of the front desk associate who welcomed me as I walked in the door. If I had been hungry or thirsty I had my pick of healthy treats such as yogurt, or granola or could have satisfied a sweet tooth with Ben & Jerry's ice cream. I loved the cappuccino/espresso machine located with the breafast foods and knew my guests would enjoy that perk as well prior to an early morning meeting!

Kristen promptly welcomed me and gave me a tour of the entire hotel! The meeting space was amazing! A 52" flat screen TV with all sorts of modern technological capabilites lined the front of the room and I loved that the chairs in the room could be arranged "school style" or any other manner I felt would best suit the needs of my collegues.

Kristen continued showing me around the hotel and I immediately was impressed with the state-of-the-art fitness center was held many different cardio machines, yoga mats and free weights! AWESOME for all those wanting to stay in shape while away from the conveniences of homes!

The actual rooms felt European to me. Though smaller than other hotel chains, very, very nice! The rooms are "Loft" style (thus the name of the hotel) and feature a very comfortable stand alone shower and nicely featured vanity. The beds come in queen or king sizes and face a very large flat screen TV...amazing!

My favorite part of the hotel, though, was the courtyard. The inner layer of space between the lobby and indoor swimming pool features nice, modern furniture in a quiet, yet social atmosphere!

When Kristen and I starting talking rates, I was blown away with the affordability of the hotel! I expected a four-star price tag on such an amazing place in great location and was ecstatic we were able to settle on something much, much, more business friendly!

The hotel greeted my guests with enthusiasm and the meeting went off without a hitch! That was over a month ago and everyone from our CEO from Charlotte to Vice-Presidents have stayed at the Aloft when coming to town for business! This is the new gold-standard for travel and I know when I travel for work or pleasure anywhere in the U.S. the Aloft Hotel chain is the first hotel I look for in any city!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
nashville, th
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2009

In August, I held 3 business meetings at Aloft in Franklin, TN. I chose the locations because I needed my 20+ workshop attendees to be able to access the internet (kind of slow) for our class. Aloft is a high tech hotel so I knew it would be a good choice.

The hotel wasnt without it's small issues - the can lights went out the day before my workshop, some banquet orders were not placed in the room - like water pitchers, etc BUT the hotel staff worked quickly and pleasantly to resolve every issue.

They brought in lights, snacks, and continued to check on my each week. I also greatly appreciated that the staff was consistent each week. I didnt have to get to know an entirely new crew each week. Instead, each Sunday, I was greeted by the same smiling faces - eagerly waiting to help.

Normally, employees do the minimum to get by. Not Aloft. Kristen, Angelica and Jeremiah made my 3 week class awesome! Everyone loved the hotel and the service was stellar.

The hotel itself is really great for business meetings. I had a break out session one week and split the group into 6 teams - each going to a different section of the hotel. The hotel is well suited for casual breakouts and I was able to use the courtyard, lobby and pool table area (yes the hotel has a free pool table!).

The hotel also has a cash snack bar area with ice cream and a full service bar.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Maple Hts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

This Aloft Hotel is fantastic! I was there for 4 days and will definitely go back. The rooms were spotless and the mints and the swan towels in my room were a delightful surprise. Everyone I encountered was friendly, polite and accommodating. I loved the décor, hanging out in the comfortable lobby area that had plasma TVs’ computers and even a pool table. The fitness center was neat the lobby and the pool was warm and sparkling. The Aloft is located right off the highway and is close to the airport and downtown Nashville. I was able to walk to a huge shopping mall and restaurants. I highly recommend the Aloft and will most certainly go back.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2009

Wanted to let you know that my stay at the Aloft in Cool Springs Tennesee was one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in! Me and 4 of my friends were there to celebrate our friends 50th birthday and I must say the staff at your hotel was very kind and curtious! Everyone there was helpful....from helping us to find a place to eat to finding the fun spots in downtown Nashville! The hotel itself is very unique and fun! The location is great! And the rooms were very clean! I would most definitely reccommend this hotel to any one staying in the area!! Thank You so much for a great time and a great place to stay!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2009

Our family stayed at the Aloft in Nashville while traveling to that area for sight seeing and to meet some friends. We loved it, the atmosphere was great and the people there were wonderful. The staff was great. Our room was so nice and we had pleanty of room for all of us. The shower is the best!!! We loved it there and will return this year around the same time.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

I traveled to Franklin for two days for business meetings and my family joined me. Everyone in our group stayed at aloft and our group was very pleased.

The good: the rates were great. Our group rate was 87/nt, which was particularly strange because the sloft website offered 85/nt and hotwire offered 84/nt. Regardless of the rate, this hotel is a steal anywhere below 120. The Embassy Suites across the highway offers one bedroom/pull out couch suites from 130, which we'll probably start using as our son grows. However, at the price point below 100, aloft reigns supreme. The hotel lobby was consumed by a bar, a pool table, and a little food/snack shop. Not much for hanging out except for at the bar, which was ultra modern and stylish. The bar offered great outdoor space and interesting, modern seating. It definately appeared to have been designed in the NYC/Vegas/SF mold. The rooms were very clean, well laid out, and had great ameneties. The TV was fun. It was very nice to have a residential style thermostat controlling the A/C. The bathroom was modern as well. The room had a minifridge. There was a free bottle of water every day.

The bad: These aren't really bad, as our family would happily stay at aloft again, but there were things that we weren't really expecting. There is no tub in the bathroom, just a stand-up shower. Also, there is no way to lock the bathroom door, as the door separating the shower/toilet from the open sink/fridge/foyer is a full length sliding mirror. Also, we could not find the ice machine. There may not be one as we did not see an ice bucket anywhere in our room. While the coffee maker was hip and sleek, it only made single cup servings. The room was stocked with a variety of single serving coffee and tea products, but for someone who goes through a pot per morning, I wished there was more quantity.

Perfect for: young hipsters with jobs or kids who are too good for the Howard Johnson, but don't want to feel like their parents by staying at the Embassy Suites. The whole hotel is modern and the lobby does come alive on weekend nights. If that's your scene, this is a great place. Also, I can't imagine a better place for wedding parties to stay if they need to be in Franklin. It's definately a hotel that I would have loved during those college/grad school years.

My wife thought it was a little like staying in a hotel designed by Abercrombie & Fitch. There was club music playing in the lobby, cool people milling about, and the intentional scent of cologne bandied about the elevators and common areas.

Also, the pool is a little small (it's indoor), but the workout room is incredibly well apportioned. The equiptment looks brand new and is very nice stuff.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

I stayed here for a business trip for three nights and I was really pleased with my stay. The room was very clean and I found the accommodations to be very satisfactory. I really like the modern design of the room and the hotel in general.

The staff was friendly and was able to provide advice on places to eat. The hotel lobby seems to be a popular meeting place for locals and the bartenders were fun and nice to speak to, drinks are also VERY reasonably priced.

My only complaint is that the bed was a bit too firm for my tastes.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Been to Aloft Nashville - Cool Springs? Share your experiences!