“Quirky but nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Franklin
Poinciana, Florida
“Quirky but nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

A rather unusual, European style hotel. Room was a little small, with shelves and no drawers. Closet was small. Kind of odd bathroom arrangement that there is no lip on the shower so you have to be careful not to get the rest of the floor wet.
However, it was clean, bed was comfortable, staff could not have been nicer, location is great, gym was OK. Our room was not on the highway side so we didn't have a bit of noise. I would recommend for 4 nights or less. A little small for anything more than that.

Room Tip: Get a room on the side away from the highway on the top floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Franklin TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

As Franklin residents, we have had our visiting family members, as well as staycations at the Aloft on several occasions. So when we had our musician friends visiting, we of course set them up at the Aloft! Their last time in Music City was playing at the Ryman with the band Creed, and as musicians, they wanted nothing more than to play some of their latest music, so I requested from Asst Mgr of the hotel if they could perform an impromptu concert in the Lobby, for which he told us no problem as this IS Music City after all !!! Thank you Carlo for extending such professional kindness, and Justin for treating us and our guests so well at the lounge bar! The Aloft remains our go to place for us, and this most recent occasion only reinforces this, kudos to the managememt and staff for a job well done!

• Stayed November 2013
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Nashville - Cool Springs, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your positive feedback about our hotel and your recent stay with us. we hope you will once again choose our hotel wen visiting the Nashville-Cool Springs area.
Phoenix AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Not a great experience, by any means. I usually stay at Hyatt Place, but decided to give this a try for a two night stay. This is not an old hotel, but the carpet was worn in the room, the elevators have padding on the walls and the feeling is more 'dorm room' than trendy. The first morning (lots of road noise, which was surprising), I woke up, looked at the clock and thought that I was late to meet my family for my mother's birthday breakfast. After racing to get ready, I realized that it was actually an hour EARLIER than the clock read. No one in the hotel had bothered to change the clock next to the bed when Daylight Savings kicked in (and wouldn't you think they would spring for clocks that do that automatically??). As a result, I was up at 5 in the morning on a Sunday ... not my original plan. Then, after leaving at 7 a.m. and being gone all day until 3 pm, I returned to a room that had not been cleaned ... even though the hotel was at low capacity on a weekend, non-business day. Having a dinner to get ready for and be out again at 4:30 (it was m mother's 91st birthday and I was in town from Arizona), I went to the desk to tell that my room had not been done and that I had to leave again shortly. I was told that I was 'in luck' as the crew was still on premise. Really? I was lucky that I would get my room cleaned? A half hour later, I am still waiting for someone to show up ... Overall, not a hotel for adult or business travelers. I can see why families like it. There is an indoor pool, lots of overpriced snacks and an indestructible décor that probably holds up to the kids that were running around when I checked in. Sorry, Aloft. Starwood missed the boat on this one. Hyatt and Hilton: I'm sorry I strayed. I'll be back, I promise!

Room Tip: Stick to the Hyatt or the Hilton. There are other better choices in this same price/service category...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Nashville - Cool Springs, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear elljaytraveler,
Thank you for sharing your experience of our hotel with us. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time at our hotel and to hear of the issues you encountered during your stay. We use your feedback as a means t improve our hotel and services and so I have shared your comments with the hotel management team accordingly so we may look into this matter further and try to resolve moving forward.
Delaware, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We spent 2 nights here on the weekend for a friend's wedding. The hotel itself is pretty nice. Clean, tidy, exactly a carbon copy of the other Aloft property we have been to. (Green Bay, WI). It looks like a European hotel, very modern and small, but I like it. Linens are decent and they have nice Bliss amenities (but they do use the dispensers in the shower... doesn't bother me but that puts some people off so I consider it an important point). We checked in very late so we got one of their "Pure" allergy free rooms, which has an air purifier and hypo-allergenic linens, but we didn't pay more for that. Honestly I didn't notice a difference but perhaps that matters if you DO have allergies. The walls were pretty thin and we could hear a lot of sounds from the hallways and other rooms.

There was some crud on the window where someone either sneezed a big boogie onto the window, or they took a bite of oatmeal and did a spit take. I didn't get close enough to confirm.

Our first service issue came when we tried to check in. Yes, it was 4am, so I give them the benefit of the doubt for that, but I could not believe the way it was handled. They have double doors at the main entrance where the second set is locked at night and requires key card access. I appreciate that security, however, when we used their call button, there was no response. We could see the front desk and there was nobody there. We used our cell phone to call their customer service line and reach management, which rang to the front desk. (We could hear the phone ringing!) After about 10 minutes we gave up and left for a while. We returned shortly and thankfully there was a staff member at the desk. She got us checked in quickly but NEVER apologized when we explained to her what happened... she just said oh, I was upstairs doing paperwork. An "I'm so sorry" would have been nice there. They need to have their phones ring to wherever they go to do paperwork.

Similar situation the next day. We reserved their courtesy shuttle to take us to the wedding. We get out to the car and the driver can't get it to start... the battery is dead. I completely understand it wasn't his fault, but we heard no apology. He went in to find the engineer, while I explained the situation to the girl (same girl from the night before) at the front desk. She told us we should just drive ourselves to the ceremony so that we wouldn't be late. I would have expected to hear "I'm so sorry, can I call you a cab?" or at least just the "I'm sorry" part!

We were in our room until about 4pm on Saturday, and our room wasn't serviced while we were out. They did give us towels at the desk when we asked but I would suggest if you're going to be in your room much of the day, you probably need to call and request housekeeping.

I wouldn't really recommend this hotel. Our friends stayed at the nearby Courtyard by Marriott and it looked a lot nicer. It was a little more expensive but I wish we would have stayed there instead.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Wonderful, helpful, knowledgable staff; GREAT location--close to I-65, the Galleria Mall, many shops, restaurants, and "watering holes"; "funky" but well-designed and -appointed rooms. Nice hotel workout room, and next to a great high-end fitness & rehab facility.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the side away from I-65 if you can.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Nashville - Cool Springs, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear R B,
Thanks for taking the time t let us know how much you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We had an awesome weekend getaway at Aloft Franklin-Cool Springs in February of 2009. A well-known hotel website was offering a last minute special. We couldn't have been more pleased with Aloft. They have a food store onsite as well as an awesome bar with a great atmosphere where drinks were great and service was spectacular. The room and hotel was immaculately clean. Everything is very modern and nicely decorated. The beds are to DIE FOR. The only we complaint we had was the outside road noise. But if you are a heavy sleeper it shouldn't be a problem for you. It paled in comparison to how much we enjoyed this hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Nashville - Cool Springs, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Rachel P,
Thanks for taking the time to share your positive thoughts about our hotel with us. We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Nashville.
Hammondsport, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

At first, I wasn't sure if I had entered a hotel, disco, bar, convenience store, or a scene from Star Trek! I thought I was going to hate this hotel! Turned out that I actually liked it more than I thought I would. What a fascinating concept!! After a little while I found the beauty in this place. The front desk clerks were helpful, the lobby interesting to say the least, the room impeccably clean and modern, and the pool really soothing. Both my daughter and I are allergic to dust. Most hotel rooms set off major allergy attacks mainly because of dusty drapes that inevitably are placed right over the air/heat blower. The ALOFT room that we stayed in had shades instead of drapes. No problem throughout our stay with allergies!!! YEAH! At first, I missed the traditional breakfast usually included in a hotel stay. We enjoyed the easy to use convenience area in the lobby and used it! You can grab a snack anytime of day or night. Also, the bar has a small but sufficient bar food menu with staff who are really pleasant and willing to please. Our only complaints would be that the bed comforters were lumpy due to washing - hey, ALOFT replace those!! the air conditioning in our room was pretty loud, and the mattresses slide around on the platform beds. Overall, however we had a pretty nice stay!! I would recommend giving the ALOFT a try!

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are warmer temp. wise. Air conditioning unit noisy, bring ear plus. Closet space min...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear keukamoon,
Thanks for sharing your positive feedback about our hotel with us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back soon!

Been to Aloft Nashville - Cool Springs? Share your experiences!