“nice concept” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Franklin
alabamaspud
“nice concept”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This was a very clean hotel. The staff were friendly. There are no vending/ice machines on the floor, but a snack shop in the lobby and bags of ice that are prepacked and self service. Nice size indoor pool. Convenient location near the Galleria and historic Franklin. The room is small, but functional. Very minimalistic.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Nashville - Cool Springs, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear alabamaspud,
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay with us. We're lad to hear you found our accommodations to be clean and our staff to be welcoming. We hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

A neat place to stay---always love the decor. The design of the rooms always fascinate us.Drinks were excellent too! Only a few rooms with king beds so sign up early if this is a thing you might want! And....pets are allowed!

Room Tip: Get the best deal online! also...ask for a room away from the interstate if you don't like the r...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Dianeinmc,
Thanks for your positive comments about our hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoy the fun atmosphere of Aloft as well as the awesome drinks at our W XYZ bar. We hope you will be back to see us soon!
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was our second time staying at ALOFT Cool Springs. Our first experience was not so stellar,but, we decided to give them another try. I was very disappointed in the overall experience we had. The one bright spot was the MALE check in and out clerk! The rest of the front desk staff could learn a lot about customer service from him! He made our check in/out pleasant and informative! (much more information was given by him upon check in about the hotel and amenities than when we checked in for our first stay several months ago!)
Other than that, my experience with the staff was not good! Our first night, I went down and asked for an extra pillow. I was told by a very frazzled front desk clerk that she didnt have any but would send someone up with one...I had to ask her if she needed my room number...?
We waited for over an hour, still no pillow. I called down there and she said "Oh, yeah-I will send someone right up" I guess she forgot???
In the morning, I needed to iron. There was no iron in our room, so I called the front desk to ask about one and was told "Oh Yes, there is an iron in your room" I said "Oh No, there isnt-just the ironing board" I was then told to go out into the hallway and see if I could find a housekeeper on that floor and ask for one....I said Noooo Im not dressed and Im not going out into the hallway to hunt down a houskeeper and an iron. I was then told she would call and have one brought up to us. One was brought up in about 20 minutes.
Altho these things may seem not very important to most, it was the ATTITUDE of the staff that really caused me to write this review. Like I said earlier, they could take a lesson from the male front desk clerk about good customer service!
We travel to this area frequently, and I have to say, we will be looking for another hotel to stay at next trip due to the lack of customer service!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Orangeville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We spent a night with our two kids 16 and 13 while passing through the area. We had connecting rooms.

Check in was a great experience. Staff was friendly, and helpful.

Hotel had a nice pool with cabana like loungers. Work out room had treadmills, bikes, dumbbells, and a multi-function machine.

Rooms were large and well appointed. They had fridges and large showers. The only concern carpet was a little dirty and stained.

Would recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Nashville - Cool Springs, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear RCDS_Family,
Thanks for taking the time to share your positive feedback about our hotel with us. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the one of a kind design and atmosphere of Aloft Hotels. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Hotel is obvioulsy a loft type, very clean and nice bar area. Interestingly they have monthly concerts with 3 bands of varying flavor. Not a 5 start so dont expect a restaurant or olympic pool but everything you need it there. Very nice rooms with a very modern flair.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Nashville - Cool Springs, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear bpaul123,
Thanks sharing your positive feedback about your recent stay with us. We are glad you found our hotel to be modern, clean and comfortable and enjoyed our amenities during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The location of this hotel is perfect. Cool Springs has all the shopping and restaurants that you can imagine. It is half way between Brentwood and Franklin. Really nice areas. The hotel room is on the small scale, similar to New York size hotel rooms. They did a lot with the space. The design makes it feel allot bigger than it really is. The shower is wonderful, beautiful all glass door and divider. The room has two very large vertical windows with shades that can block out all of the outdoor light. The room is missing a dresser and there is a perfect space under the TV for it (just move the bench that is under the TV). Bathroom sink are is small. All Kohler hardware. The lobby is just plan cool. They fill it full of a really cool aroma. A perfect place to hang out in the evening. The pool area is sufficient but there is no hot tub. This place does not feel like your regular hotel. It is a hotel with the amenities of a big hotel in a smaller package. Definitely will stay at another Aloft in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Nashville - Cool Springs, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Dean M,
Thanks for sharing your feedback of our hotel with us. We are so glad to hear you found our hotel to be so "cool" and enjoyed all of the amenities of your room as well as the great atmosphere in the lobby.
We hope to see you back in the near future!
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I attended a wedding over the week-end and the wedding party were all staying at ALoft. I went Saturday at 4pm and sure enough, they had several rooms available and quoted me a rate of $189 plus tax, which I was fine with. While waiting at the desk for the attendent to complete my transaction, another lady walked in, did not have a reservation, and was quoted $119 by a different attendent for the same type room. When I asked about the difference in price, the two attendents stumbled and acted stupid, but never volunteered to match the rate...actually the lady that I was working with told me that she could not and that a manager was unavailable. I asked her to cancal my transaction and I went next door to the Hampton Inn.

i was in the lobbyof Aloft after the wedding Saturday night and ran into the other lady that was checking in. She told me that she was shocked that they had quoted us such different prices and that she was 'proud' of me for walking out. Now, they just need to get the hold on my visa released.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Cynthia W,
Thank you for sharing your comments about our hotel with us. We are disappointed to hear of the issue you experienced when trying to check and it regret to hear you ended up staying somewhere else. There is no reason the nightly rates should vary this much and we apologize for the treatment you received at the front desk and for this mistake. We have already contacted you to try and resolve this issue further, but please know how sorry we truly are and we will ensure this does not happen again in the future.

Been to Aloft Nashville - Cool Springs? Share your experiences!