“Above Average” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 20 hotels in Franklin
Melbourne, Florida
“Above Average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times now when traveling to the area on business. I find the accommodations to be comfortable and clean and the staff always friendly and helpful. I am disappointed that the only coffee available is if you buy it at the Starbucks in the lobby. As we all know the coffee in the room just doesn't get it and no more free coffee in the lobby area for guests means if you want some good coffee, you have to buy it (When asked I was told that Marriotts are all doing this). There are a lot of restaurants within walking distance, the hotel restaurant is ok but not much variety. It is nice and quiet and the area is very safe and lots of shopping nearby if you are into that.

Room Tip: Balconies are available on the upper levels and when the weather is nice, you can open the sliding d...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
FRANKLIN64, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Franklin Cool Springs, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear MaryE3520,

Thank you for your response! I'm happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Yes, Marriott has rolled out a policy in which the Courtyard brand will now be doing away with the complimentary lobby coffee option.....we do have both a light and dark roast option for Starbucks Coffee in the Bistro (and the desk team would be happy to assist with coffee requests when the Bistro is closed). We are also installing a complimentary water station that will be available throughout the hot Summer months.

We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, but my team and I are focused on ensuring that we make each and every stay enjoyable and memorable. Please reach out to let me know what else we can do for you next time.

Thank you!

144 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

King room with balcony. Modern decor throughout hotel. Extremely friendly desk staff and very helpful. Very clean grounds outside and well maintained interior. Good, comfortable lobby seating. Only disadvantage was the TV placement access. It was on a pullout/swivel shelf. However, it did not pull out far enough to allow complete viewing while lying in bed. Only one person had complete viewing of the screen. Maintenance was called and came up, but could not fix the problem. Said this was the same in all king rooms. Poor design!

Room Tip: If you want a view, ask for a balcony facing restaurants.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
FRANKLIN64, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Franklin Cool Springs, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Low1970,

Thank you for choosing Courtyard for your recent stay- I'm happy to read that you enjoyed the experience and the decor and staff. I would like to learn more about your stay, specifically why service was scored a 3/5 when it appeared that the only challenge/issue experienced was with your bedroom TV. We do appreciate you bringing that matter to our attention, I will discuss the opportunity with my team and we look forward to impressing you moreso on your return visit!

I look forward to hearing from you- have a great week!

Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Thought this was a wonderful hotel. Clean and friendly staff. Larissa at the front desk, who was there in the evening when we got there and also the next morning, made you feel as if granting your every wish just made her day, always cheerful. Starbuck's in the lobby was important to me, coffeeholic that I am. Rooms were large with free WiFi. Very pleasant stay.

Dear RobinFour,

Thank you for your wonderful review!! Larissa is one of our rock stars and will be so happy to hear your comments!

I am a fellow coffeholic and having the Starbucks waiting for me in the lobby makes me smile each morning :)

We look forward to serving you again soon! Please don't hesitate to reach out if I can ever be of assistance!

Northern Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed there over Mother's Day weekend. The place was booked due to a soccer tournament; however the participants were well behaved. There were four adults in our party, and all slept well. Room was nice, big and clean. Only problem was that the air conditioner was a little loud the first night. One bit of advice. When exiting the expressway, you'll get to the actual Marriott before you get to the Courtyard. Don't make the mistake we made and stop at the Marriott first.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lady BeBop,

I appreciate you taking the time to respond and comment on your experience with us. I also am happy that you assisted with guiding our TripAdvisor family to us as we do have a few Marriott hotels in the neighborhood!

We're happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to impressing you and your family again for the next Mother's Day getaway!

Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a soccer tournament. It was a fabulous stay. The room was emaculate! The walls are colorful and cheery. Very contemporary! I would stay here again and again. The lobby area was large and great for sitting around and talking. Lots of places to eat in walking distance! The only think I would change......add the Disney channel to the TV guide!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Kimth2,

Hello from Franklin! Thank you for making us your accommodation option during the recent soccer tournament- we love hosting teams over the weekend!

I will pass along your requests to management and we will see if we can add any additional options to our TV programming for your next visit! Stay tuned!

chattanooga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I callled directly to make a reservation. Attendant was busy and did not call back. Had to call back a hour later. I was a little disappointed in that they did not have complimentary coffee in the morning. Room was spacious and clean. However, the location of the TV was too far from the bed to view. Location is very close to shopping and other attractions. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with balcony.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hi Cleburne 1864,

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your previous stay with us. I do apologize for the delay in assisting with your call for a reservation but am happy that you did choose us for your stay. I will address the desk staff with your response so that we can better serve your next call.

Wishing you safe travels and that we see you again soon!

Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend for $119/night. The hotel is new and shares a parking lot with a Residence Inn. It is in an overall corporate area but it sits in the middle of a retail/restaurant complex. There are some good restaurants in the complex but dont plan on a late night as everything closes at 10:00. If that's not a problem then this is a great area.
The service was excellent, the property was spotless and the room was nice, however the bed was not as comfortable as other Marriott beds and my back was sore each morning but that is my only complaint.
I would have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear efuss,

Thank you! We love hearing from our guests and appreciate your kind words about the hotel and your service- I'm happy to deliver this review to my team. For your next trip to the area- we do have a few local options that will stay open past 10:00pm- just ask a front desk representative and they'll be happy to provide you with information, directions, etc.

Thank you again for your time! Please reach out if I can be of service.

615-778-0080

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Franklin Cool Springs? Share your experiences!