“You will be in the spotlight!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Franklin
Louisville, Kentucky
“You will be in the spotlight!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2008

We just finished a 1 night stay and thought it was nice hotel. I base this more on my daughter's room than ours, because we were given a handicapped accessible room and it was a little strange in configuration. My daughter's room, however was a typical room and I did like the layout in her's. As mentioned in the other reviews, it is nicely updated and the morning breakfast was adequate.

One problem with our room on the back side of the hotel was the spotlights every 5 feet or so right outside that aimed directly at the windows and stayed on all night long. Our room was lit up like the Las Vegas Strip. I'm not sure what the purpose of those lights were, but they were not pleasant for sleeping. I don't know if the rooms on the front side have this problem, but I will certainly inquire if I choose this hotel again.

• Disliked — Spotlight outside window
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
huntsville, al
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2008

My husband and I just returned from a weekend in Nashville. I booked a room for us at the Hyatt Place in Cool Springs as a surprise for him for his birthday. With my confirmation number in hand, I walked up to the front desk to check in. I was informed that my reservation had been canceled due to a declined credit card payment. My mouth dropped open - they must be kidding!!!! I never should have received a confirmation number if my credit card did not go through. I made the reservations a week before our trip and yet I did not receive any sort of notification that my credit card was declined and that my reservation had been canceled. The hotel was full and I was told that there was nothing they could do for me. I have never been treated so poorly at a hotel in all of my life. I was not offered any options nor given a voucher or any sympathy whatsoever. I could see that nobody at the front desk was going to budge so my husband and I turned away and went and sat in the car as I gathered myself. We decided to call the 800 number to see if they could offer us anything. Well I explained what happened and they sounded as shocked as I did. After explaining everything to a 2nd person on the line, I was put on hold or about 10 minutes while the customer service rep called the hotel directly. He came back to say that he was very sorry but that they were not willing to do anything nor admit that they were at fault. I will say the guy on the phone was somewhat helpful but I was still blown away that with a hotel chain of that magnitude, there was nothing they would offer me. There were 2 other Hyatt Place hotels in the area...One of them was full and the other was about a 25 minute drive for $60 more per night. Had they offered to let us stay there for free, we would have taken it. However, they didn't. They offered us nothing but a dirty look and a "hey you can go stay at the wingate down the street" So we decided to head over to the Marriott down the street- a hotel who has a much better understanding of customer service and luckily they had some rooms available. I shared my experience with them and they said that a man who had come in just before me, had the same thing happen to them. His credit card was "declined" at the Hyatt Place and then miraculously, it worked at the Marriott! Perhaps they should take a look at their credit card machine and see what the problem is before they continue to run off customers! It was unfortunate that they made this bad of an impression on us. It looked like a cool place- from what we saw of it. But unfortunately, I don't think I could ever trust their system again. I don't want to go through all of that again! So....if you don't mind taking the risk, then I say go for it....
Otherwise, you might want to stick with the Marriott or some other hotel who knows how to treat their customers!

• Liked — The decor - from what I saw in the front lobby at least. I didn't get past that!
  • Disliked — The STAFF!!!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for one night and really enjoyed our stay. The hotel has recently been renovated with all new, modern furnishings. There is a separate sitting area with a huge couch, LCD television, small sink and refrigerator, and a desk. The bedroom area is smaller, but has more then enough space. The bathroom was small but had a large mirrored area to get ready in the morning. The hotel seemed very clean.

The continental breakfast in the morning consisted of fruit, cereal, muffins, bagels, coffee, and juice. There is also an option for a cooked breakfast for an additional fee.

I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again and plan to do so in the future.

Stayed April 2008
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2008

I know that Hyatt Place is going to set the bar higher now for the other hotels in Franklin/Cool Springs area.
The rooms are perfect for business travelers and families alike. I loved the fact that you can literally work in your room with no problems. Your computer can even be connected to the plasma tv to give you a different/better view of the work you are doing. You actually have tons of options in this area. The fact that you can get food 24 hours IN the hotel is a major plus for those of us that arrive late or have to leave early. The menu and food is great.
The staff are all the best I've come across in a long time.
Best part is the price. It was one of the cheapest in town for quality.
Try this one out its worth it.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hyatt Place Nashville/Franklin/Cool Springs? Share your experiences!