“Good place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Franklin
Caeur D Alene
“Good place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

The front desk is friendly.
I was a bit disappointed with the bar restaurant area firing the day.

Service was great.

Rooms are comfortable and well decorated.

Great for business.

The meeting area was large and comfortable.

I will return

• Stayed October 2013
Jim K, General Manager at Franklin Marriott Cool Springs, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
We look forward to seeing you again at the Franklin Marriott Cool Springs. Thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor. Truly glad your experience was exceptional. Please reach out to me if there is anything else I can do for you. Regards, Jim Keller General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We arrived in the middle of the night during a rain storm. After driving for 13 1/2 hours we were very tired but upon our arrival we were greeted by an extremely pleasant front desk attendant by the name of Linda. We had attempted checking in via our cell phone but did not quite complete it, however, Linda assured us all was well and checked us in right away. The hotel was full that night which is always a good sign and the parking lot out front was full. We were directed to the employees/guest parking lot and were assured it was secure. After getting situated in our room I went back down stairs to the lobby with the intention of moving our car to the designated parking lot. As I was walking through the lobby the Hotel Security Officer, Ben, met me with an umbrella stating he was sure I was going to need it after parking the car for my walk back. It meant a lot that even in the middle of the night the Marriott employees were still attentive to the guest. This Marriott is a nice hotel and although somewhat dated (I asked and was told that is 12 years old.) it is well maintained. Our room was a good size and the bathroom area had plenty of counter space. The bed and pillows were wonderful and made for a great night's rest so much so that we overslept and missed our first appointment. Although there was not a refrigerator nor microwave in the room there was a microwave located in the lobby next to the front desk in the mini-store where you can purchase snacks and drinks and other small items. We did not eat in the on-site restaurant but were happy to have access to the on-site Starbucks. The pool and exercise room are located on the first floor but we were not able to utilize either since the pool area closes at 11:00 p.m. This hotel has a huge conference center and while we were not there attending a conference during that time we noticed that there was a large event being hosted. This hotel is located about 30 minutes outside of Nashville. GPS will have you making a u-turn when in actuality if you simply turn left into the parking lot where it has you making that u-turn you will already be in the parking lot. The Galleria as well as lots of stores and restaurants are with-in a couple of miles. Lastly, my husband was not feeling well so we left him to rest at the hotel. I called to check on him but after multiple times of him not answering I called the Marriott directly. Jeremy answered the phone I told him my plight and asked that they send security up to our room to insure that my husband was alright. He immediately sent someone to check on him and had my husband call me to let me know that he was simply resting and did not hear the phone ringing. I will always remember my first stay at this Marriott and look forward to staying there again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for being our guest and allowing us to deliver a memorable experience for you. I have passed on your compliments to Ben and Jeremy who were there for you when you needed us the most! We realize we never get a second chance to make a great first impression. Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor. We look forward to hosting you during your next trip to the Franklin Marriott Cool Springs. Regards, Jim Keller General Manager
Ship Bottom, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

This was great for business and conferences. Lots of pillows, electrical connections in room, decent beds, service and staff were above par. The only complaints I have include no fridge or microwave in rooms. I had a guest tag along and she was stuck in the room during my meetings....made it hard for her to keep any left overs or drinks. My other issue was with the conference's lunch, the chicken was dry, tough and we had to add ranch and lots of salt to make it work. My glass was also dirty. Other than that, love this place....super clean and hotel staff are amazing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Jim K, General Manager at Franklin Marriott Cool Springs, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
"Super clean and hotel staff was amazing"! Thank you for that and thank you for taking the time post your comments on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the lunch. Would like to share some feedback with the chef if you could give me some further details off line. I do have lots of refrigerators availble for delivery upon request to your room. I do have a microwave for guest use in the gift shop and concierge lounge. You can reach me at 615-261-6101 or email at jim.keller@franklinmarriott.com. I look forward to hearing from you and thank you for being our guest. Regards, Jim Keller General Manager
Mount Juliet
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

I am currently sitting in a meeting at the Franklin Marriott cool springs and just experienced such great service that I felt compelled to write my review now. I was running late for my meeting and had not had any coffee this morning. While trying to locate our breakfast I spoke with Miriam. She showed me to the breakfast but the coffee was empty.She was so quick to get fesh coffee for me and to locate creamer as well since the one was missing from our table. Now I suppose anyone could have gotten me what I needed but Miriam did it politely and with a smile and I must say I was impresssed. She really made me feel like a guest and not just a customer.

• Stayed September 2013
Thanks for your prompt feedback on Trip Advisor! Miriam has just been nominated for our "Ignite the Red" associate weekly recognition program. This goes to the associate each week who best exemplifies our Marriott service culture and makes a difference in the lives of our guests. Appreciate you taking the time to post. Thank you for being our guest. Regard, Jim Keller General Manager
US
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We enjoyed excellent service at this Marriott. The lobby is still so pretty and welcoming on entrance. I will never understand, however, why a hotel does NOT have a soothing clean smell weomcing guests into their room. We were met with a musty smell and the tub had a dirty soap film. I solved the smell by inserting a febreeze air freshener in the vent and turning the fan on high (the low and high setting were seemingly the same strength unfortunately) then scrubbed the tub with a non-abrasive antibacterial cleaner. The beds were nice and clean. FEW channels on the TV were in high def. Indoor saline pool was a bit small/nice but you would freeze your posterior off upon exited. Hot tub was under repair. Nice beer selection at their bar and Starbucks coffee. Lorraine's Bistro had some nice indoor/outdoor seating in their courtyard. Suggest they add a fountain or fire pit area so guests would be drawn use this outside space.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at the Franklin Marriott Cool Springs. Dissapointed your room was not exceptional. If you could reach out to me with room # and date of stay, I would appreciate looking in to the matter with my houskeeeping team. Love the fire pit and fountain idea! It is that perfect time of year now for outside diniing and drinks on the Lorraine's patio! I can be reached at 615-261-6101 or email at jim.keller@fanklinmarriott.com
Thank you for being our guest. Jim Keller General Manager
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This Marriott was outstanding. Service was great, cleanliness was great. Overall a great hotel. The hotel is in the quasi suburbs of Nashville and served my needs perfectly. A short drive to downtown old Franklin with a great selection of restaurants. I highly recommend this hotel. Location is off of route 65 but you do not hear the noise of the high way.

Room Tip: My room was on the 8th floor and there were no noises during the night.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you! Appreciate you taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. Hope to see you again in Franklin/Nashville soon. Thank you for being our guest. Jim Keller General Manager
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this Mariott for a convention activity. The facility is modern, updated and well kept. The room prices were higher than similar hotels nearby but that's normal for conventions where you enjoy the convenience of everything in one place.

There were only THREE luggage carts available for the entire facility. With dozens of guests arriving at the same time there was an extended wait for a cart and the bellman was always kept quite busy as well. Otherwise check in was handled smoothly. My particular desk agent was new and being trained. He did fine on the procedures but failed to inform me of details about the hotel, the location of restaurants, etc.

This is one of the last hotels in the world to charge for wifi and it really should be included considering the room rate. Oddly wifi is free in the lobby but you are charged for it in your room. Cheesy. In another misstep, in room wifi was free for convention attendees but the front desk failed to tell us this fact.

The room was clean and fine in every respect except for the air conditioner. It was woefully inadequate for the room. On high, you literally could not feel the air blowing from 2 feet away. I checked several rooms and found this the same problem so it wasn't just my room. Unacceptable.

The on site bar/pub grub area was understaffed and incompetently staffed as well. There was only one person behind the bar most of the time and she moved in slow motion. We gave up on her and went to the sit down restaurant where service, selection and food were all excellent.

The convention facilities were nice and managed well.

The hotel shuttle was provided for our family group to go to dinner off site one evening. The driver took us to a recommended steak house and came to pick us up within minutes of our phone call to return. First class service!

Overall, I was generally happy with my stay in spite of the issues noted. Most interactions with staff were friendly and professional. The room was clean and well maintained. The AC in the room did eventually cool off the room but it literally took 24 hours. Skip the lobby bar for food and drinks, service is terrible. Be sure and bring your air card or just use your laptop in the lobby to avoid wifi charges. Otherwise this is a nice hotel. If these issues are addressed, it would be a great hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for being our guest and providing feedback on Trip Advisor. Addressing your issuess is what I would like to do and will need your help in resolving them. Arrival date and time, room #, group you were with, associates, etc. I apologize for the difficulties you encountered and look forward to speaking with you. Will make it a point to share your "first class" service comment with the shuttle driver when I find out the date of your stay. If you can reach out to me directly at jim.keller@franklinmarriott.com or phone 615-261-6101. Regards, Jim Keller General Manager

Been to Franklin Marriott Cool Springs? Share your experiences!