“Simply wonderful service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Franklin
Tennessee
“Simply wonderful service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

This is my first visit to the Hotel. I was attending the GMX (Geek Media Expo) at the convention center next door. From the moment I stepped up to the front counter to the moment I checked out, I was treated with incredibly professional service. All of the staff at the hotel was courteous and polite, going out of there way to help me. The room was nice and cozy; but the WiFi (on the 3ed floor) was simply ghastly (this is my only complaint and a small one at that). Above all I had a wonderful time there and have already made my plan to be back next year. Final note: Its the Hotel staff that make this a 5 star stay in my mind.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This was a beautiful hotel in a beautiful location for this fun but unsual Sci-Fy event from the moment we walked into the hotel and arrived at the front desk we were greeted with warmth and coursey. ALL the staff I think went out of their way to be helpful and attentive to our every request. The beds were wonderful, clean and firm, the room was neat, clean and if we LACKED anything and called for it we were IMMEDIATELY serviced. Even with all the CHAOS that was going on customer service was first on their list for the customer. I would highly recommend this to anyone that wanted a clean safe place to stay while traveling.

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor and the view was of a garden type setting or court and I found it very char...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Jim K, General Manager at Franklin Marriott Cool Springs, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for posting feedback about your stay at the Franklin Marriott Cool Springs on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled to hear the staff exceeded your expectations by being warm, courteous, helpful, and attentive. Very pleased to also hear your room was comfortable and clean.

We strive to achieve those attributes of extraordinary service with each guest interaction. Our associates truly enjoyed providing genuine care to all guests here for the GMX weekend, and are looking forward to being your host hotel again for next years event.

Regards, Jim Keller - General Manager
University Place, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is a beautiful, elegant hotel on the inside. Deceiving when you first drive up as it seems like any other hotel recently built on the outside. There were four people available on check-in which made the whole process timely and efficient. All the staff were very friendly and helpful.
The room was beautiful, extremely clean and roomy. I had no difficulty with the wifi connection. The bed was very comfortable. They do have flat screen TVs, but some of the channels weren't very clear, like CNN. I was watching the Thursday night football game in the lounge, but was unable to find the same channel in my room.
The lounge was lovely, comfortable, but cold, I wish I had my sweater with me. I was able to use the wifi in the lounge also. They do have a nice selection of spirits, but not much available for draft (micro) beers (but most places in Tennessee do not have a very good draft beer selection). I wasn't hungry enough for dinner, so ordered a chicken flatbread instead, it was delicious, but huge, I could only eat half of it.
The patio outside was nicely decorated for fall. This is a non-smoking hotel, but they did have an area on the patio where you sit and smoke.
After my experience at a Sheraton, I would choose Marriott every time based on my stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for posting feedback on Trip Advisor after your recent stay at the Franklin Marriott Cool Springs. Thank you for being our guest and very much appreciate the kind words about our hotel. Very pleased to hear positive comments about your room cleanliness and the comfortable bedding.

Sorry about the fuzzy CNN TV signal. I will address that. We are limited on draft taps with one featuring "Yazoo" beer made here in Nashville. We do have a selection of other local beers in bottles. Unfortunately our in room TV lineup does not include the NFL network, but as you experienced, we do have an expanded sports channel menu, which includes the NFL network, in the Stirrup Cup lounge.

Thank you again for being our guest. The details you provide are so appreciated and vital to our culture of continuous process improvements necessary to be the best we can be.

Regards, Jim Keller - General Manager
TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This property was chosen by Priceline.com, bid your own price. I was in town for a football game and all downtown hotels were booked! So I took to priceline to find me a room. Got the room as a great price. Didn't mind the drive into town since I was about 15 minutes away (and so close to Cool Springs Mall).
They first checked us into a room that had double beds, but afterwards decided we wanted a king, they changed the room with no problem. The rooms were clean, I was just a little suprised that the bathrooms looked a little dated (they need updates)! The bed was comfortable. We had breakfast one morning, and it was excellent! I wish the hotel had free wi-fi, so you know, you will have to pay for this access. Or use the hotel computers in the lobby area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Iowa Falls, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We had a quick overnight stay in this hotel on our way down to FL. We chose it because of the reviews on Trip Advisor and booked it very late the night of our arrival. They were very accommodating and even had a crib up and ready for us when we arrived. That was a huge help!

The room was very clean which is something I take seriously. The beds were comfortable and we had plenty of room for 5 of us.

Breakfast from Starbucks in the lobby was expensive but at least they had several healthy options which was a nice perk.

Overall the customer service was great and the rooms were very clean. We tried to stay there again on our return trip but they were booked. We wound up trying another area hotel but it fell far short of the Marriott.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Have stayed here multiple times thru out the years for work. Staff is always pleasant and helpful. Resort is clean and well maintained. Great part of town. Close to old town Franklin, which I just love to visit. Decent restaurants in the area, but you can grab a great meal at the hotel if you don't feel like leaving the property at all.

Highly recommend if you need to book a conference or just need a weekend break.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Newport, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

The rooms are what you would find at any Marriott. The rooms were very clean, the beds were comfortable, and the front desk staff was very courteous and helpful. I received an excellent conference room rate so I cannot speak to the normal rate. The internet was an additional $10/day and I was not willing to pay that just for a one night stay. This hotel has a connected conference center where I was attending a forum and it was nice to not have to travel to another forum location. The parking is uncovered self-parking and is free, which is a plus. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Franklin Marriott Cool Springs? Share your experiences!