“Wow!!!,” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 20 hotels in Franklin
Pearl, Mississippi
“Wow!!!,”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We are moving to Franklin so we were lost and lucky to choose a place that made us feel like home.June and the manager were REAL. Our first night we slept like a baby far from the interstate and away from the main road.so peaceful . We couldn't stay the next day because they were booked so we were recommended aloft (whatasham)trillions invested to make it look like something it wasn't . 65 was so loud by the pool it was soooo unbearable and though I love dogs it was surprising . So we rebooked remada didn't get as nice of a room because it was smoking and the comforting was different but enjoyed viewing the wildlife out the wooded view out back and talking to the staff to discover the area LIKE real people I felt welcome.it needs updating partially but it's not fake .Whats wrong with people in this world and there bad reviews unless they are FAKE . You get what you pay for and I feel like I robbed a real committed team of employees and breakfast was great and not alacart I couldn't even tip ,So I commented ......oh it's got an elevator and convinced us Franklin will be HOME!

Room Tip: Some of the bed may have different comforters
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

165 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Hotel is in need of a complete upgrade...entire hotel seems moldy. Air conditioning system in hotel common areas and room can barely keep the hotel cool, appears it is straining to keep up. Rooms are old and need updating. Bathroom needs to be completely torn out and remodeled. Completely disgusting. Breakfast is adequate but we choose to pass it up and go out for breakfast each morning...not worth the risk of getting sick. We choose the hotel out of necessity rather than choice. Could not get a room at one of the many other hotels in the area due to our late booking. If we could have we would have paid the extra $50 plus per night to get into one of the newer hotels in the area. Will never stay here again without a complete upgrading of the hotel. On the positive side, the staff were very friendly and the location met our needs.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms in this hotel. The whole hotel needs a complete upgrade!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
JazzChic33, General Manager at Ramada Franklin Cool Springs, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank You for staying with us at Ramada Franklin. We are in the process of a remodel as the rooms have been painted, new lamps and new TV's. Unfortunately this process does not happen overnight. We have new bedding going on the beds as well as pillows. We are an older hotel however it is clean as the Health Dept Score reflects that is on the wall at the front desk. If you have any other questions please feel free to email me at RamadaFranklinHwy96@gmail.com.

Beverly Fuqua
Rogersville, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This location was sub par. We really checked out the first room. Stains on bedding and room was not cleaned. Changed rooms and was better. Breakfast was a carb rush, no protein. Average at best, that is why is is lower cost than others. The employee's were good to react to our needs. I can't believe a flagship hotel would be like this. Just want clean and comfortable.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We booked our room through hotels.com for two queen beds. Checked in, went to our room, walked into one king bed. Went promptly downstairs to talk to the clerk. She said, "Oh, well my boss said to tell you that when you book through a third party, it just reserves a room, not the one you want. But I do have one room left with two beds. I'll switch it for you." Which totally begs the question of why on earth she just didn't give us the right room to start with???

The stench in the room was indescribable and hard to get over all night long in room 213. Husband pulled back the bedspread to find half of a French fry. We literally slept with all of the covers off the bed and only the bed sheet on because we thought it just looked so dirty. I pulled a beach towel out of my bag to cover the pillows with and also covered our daughter in another one of my towels.

Went to give daughter (age three) a bath and decided against it. The jacuzzi jets had black mold in them and I just couldn't do it. The entire family did not get cleaned up and chose just to get back on the road dirty and shower at home. I wore my flip flops around the room and in the bathroom as to not dare touch the floor with my feet - it just felt that gross.

Walls are also paper thin. We heard people around us talking as if they were in our room.

We were only there 10 hours, and we even got up at 5 a.m. just to get out of this room as quick as possible.

Do not waste your money!! There is a Baymont Inn just down the road that isn't awesome, but it is certainly the Ritz compared to how awful this experience was for us.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Franklin Cool Springs? Share your experiences!