“Outdated Ramada” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Franklin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Loveland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The hotel was clean but rather dated and unimpressive.
Noisy airconditioner.
The breakfast was very weak.
Check in service was polite.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Upon reaching the hotel which was pushed back away from the street noise, i felt relaxed. Once I reached the room, I wanted to run in the other direction, it stunk badly, mildew, mold and damp is how I can best describe it, the wall closest to one of the beds was filthy. I felt disgusted all weekend long. On our second night in the hotel I requested another room, this time, they offered me a larger room with the same smell. This hotel offers breakfast, the food tasted old, the juices were disgusting. I should of known something would be wrong when I booked my hotel stay and was asked to pay the entire stay ahead of time. I learned my lesson and will never pay for any service prior to actually receiving the service. Stay away from this hotel. Check out the best western which is relatively close to the Ramada Inn and has better reviews.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I use hotwire all the time. Like I've said before it is like a game for me. Well I can tell you I lost big here. This place was so terrible and the management was EXTREMELY unprofessional. I picked it because it was "pet friendly", and when the name was given I went to the website to see what the pet policy was. It clearly states on their website: "Up to 2 pets are allowed for a non-refundable charge of $20 per night. Pet Sanitation Fee is $10 if applicable. ADA defined service animals are also welcome at this hotel." My husband checked us in, and we had a hectic trip up and a very busy day scheduled. When we checked in the General Manager of all people didn't ask him if we had pets. He didn't think to volunteer it because of everything that happened up until that point in the day. So we went around back and parked, and I went to our room to use the restroom. There was mold and mildew growing up the wall behind the toilet, there was a dead (thank goodness) roach beside the bath tub, mold and mildew growing by the tub as well, and a musky/moldy smell in the room. When I went back outside to talk to my husband about it he was on the phone, so I let our puppies play in the grass until he got off the phone. The General Manager came to the door and looked out. At the time I had no idea who this woman was. She came out side and went to speak to a man in a truck. She went back in the hotel with out saying a word to us. My husband was still on the phone, but wanted to get the puppies inside out of the heat. So he was carrying the dog crate (which they stay in when ever we are not there), holding the two leashes and talking on the phone. I tried to use my key (which worked for me to go to the restroom) to get in. He said I must have "deactivated" it by keeping it in my pocket with my phone. So I tried his. It didn't work either. So I went to the front and the GENERAL MANAGER had deactivated our keys! How unprofessional! I said to her I think our keys must have gotten deactivated. She said NO I deactivated them because your husband didn't tell us you had two dogs. I said I'm sorry let me go get him. Then she said it is $25 per dog. I didn't say a word, I just walked back to my husband and told him we're going to another hotel. First of all I paid less than $50 for the room, I wasn't going to pay $50 for my pups to stay when their website clearly says $20 with a possible $10 sanitation fee. I felt like she was trying to take advantage of us, and I didn't want her to try and go back and say it was actually $20 total when I called her out. We just left. I called Hotwire, and they called and spoke to her. Here is where it gets really funny. The GENERAL MANAGER told hotwire that we had two large dogs and they were over the weight limit of the pet policy. I literally laughed out loud to the Hotwire lady. I said that is the most rediculous thing I have ever heard. I have two puppies and the older puppy weighs 25 lbs and the younger puppy weighs 18 lbs soaking wet. I told the Hotwire lady we would not be staying there and requested a refund. We use them a lot, and by a lot I mean 2-3 times per week. My husband travels for work. She said because of our loyalty they would refund us as a one time courtesy. I thanked her and told her I appreciated it. But I can honestly say that I have never had someone go and deactivate a hotel key card. She could have just come and talked to us, but she didn't. We were by no means trying to manipulate the system, but she sure was. It clearly states $20 per night for up to 2 pets. No where does it say $25 per pet! I could have handled the smell and dead bugs and mold, but when someone tries to scam you...NO THANK YOU! We will never stay their again and we will never ever recommend the property.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
RamadaFranklin, General Manager at Ramada Franklin Cool Springs, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank You for choosing Ramada Franklin for your stay. I did speak to your husband as he checked in. We are a PET FRIENDLY hotel however it is the responsibility of the guest to let us know when pets are staying as well. I was walking the hallway when I noticed the puppies outside with you. I was going to speak to your husband however he was on the phone and I was not going to disturb him. After you came to the desk with keys stating you were going to talk to your husband and you never came back to the desk. I could have worked with you on the pet fee if you had asked. The pet fee is per pet per day. After the phone call from the third party that I did not take... I checked the room and found none of the issues that were told to me.
No mention of the issues to the hotel directly.
I hope you found other accommodations.

Been to Ramada Franklin Cool Springs? Share your experiences!