“Good Stay at a Great Price!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #16 of 20 hotels in Franklin
Opp, Alabama
“Good Stay at a Great Price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

My wife, daughter, and I stayed in a 2-queen bed suite (including sofa bed, frig, and microwave) for four nights recently. It was nice having 3 beds, counting the sofa bed. The staff was also very helpful whenever we had questions. While it certainly wasn't the fanciest hotel we've ever stayed in, we really couldn't find anything much to comlain about -- especially given the price we paid. It was significantly less than others in this area. The only possible negative was the breakfast -- it left something to be desired. But I suppose it was pretty much the typical continental breakfast. All-in-all, we had a very pleasurable stay, and would recommend the Ramada in Franklin to anyone traveling to the area. We'll certainly stay there again ourselves when we're there.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

161 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Ft. Wayne, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

I was a little skeptical before arriving at this hotel, because I had read mixed reviews online. However, I was very satisfied. The check-in process was a breeze, the lady at the front desk was very nice and welcoming. The lobby was very clean. We arrived at our room and it was very clean.

We did not spend much time in our room, just to sleep, since we were visiting friends, we were up early and did not return until late on both nights of our stay. The only down thing I could say about the hotel is the breakfast. My husband and I didn't find it to be all that great, but we can be picky when it comes to food, so I don't hold it against the hotel.

I have included a couple pictures of the room and bathroom. I love seeing real pictures of hotels and not doctored up website photos.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again. The price was great (booked through hotels.com, for about $80/night) it was clean and close to where our friends live.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
north_alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2009

Our room was pretty much basic and plain. It was clean though. Extremely quiet as we were maybe one of three other guests in the entire hotel at the time. For the price we paid , about $80 total it was about as expected. One thing though was the lady bug infestation. We looked up at the ceiling and there were a number of lady bugs on the ceiling. However this is somewhat of a widespread problem this time of year in certain locations. My family battles them constantly at their houses this time of the year unsuccessfully.

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Tallahassee, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

Stopped for the night on a roadtrip, used a AAA ad to get $69.99 rate but with tax was over $82. A lot for just a basic room. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. As other reviewers noted, it's quiet, back off the road with no restaurants close by and a historic graveyard at the front of hotel. "Deluxe" hot breakfast was very limited even though we got there an hour before stop time - no one around to replenish. Juice dispenser had dregs of orange juice, no apple juice. Couple biscuits, no gravy left. Couple icky donuts and some muffins. No bananas left. After 1 cup, no decaf coffee left! Only small amount of warm milk left in jug that we used for plastic bowls of cereal. Best option might have been PB&J on toast . . . Would not stay here again, have had better fare at Microtel!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Winston Salem, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2008

Stayed here over Christmas holiday while visiting family. Very convenient to highway and lots of restaurants/stores nearby. Staff was friendly and breakfast was ok (standard continental breakfast, nothing special). Rooms were typical hotel decor, but the beds were comfortable and the wifi was very strong. The hotel doesn't look like much from the outside, but was a great deal at $67 per night. We had an issue where the lamp didn't work unless the TV was unplugged. We changed rooms and the same exact problem. This was solved with an extension cord, not sure how safe it was... Staff was cooperative and nice throughout this. Only 1 luggage cart for all of hotel, but luckily it wasn't busy while we were there. Overall, a good hotel for a short stay at a really good price and great location.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2008

Was looking for a nice, quiet, and clean place to sleep and this Ramada was just what I needed. The Ramada sits back from the main road so there is really no noise from the road or other commercial establishments. This is nice when you want to sleep but can be a drawback if you want to walk to a restaurant or a mart somewhere. Room was clean as well as the outdoor pool area. Breakfast in the morning was good. Just a little limited on choices of items. There are three entrances. Main entrance and one at each end of the building. There is one elevator at the far right side before you get to the pool. If you are located on the first floor like I was at the far left side and wanted ice you had to walk all the way to the other end of the building, take the elevator to the second floor to retrieve the ice. There is WiFi in the building but for some reason I had very low signal stength but it changed to a good signal when when I walked with my laptop to the door. Staff member was very friendly and helpful in directing me to a restaurant. There is one thing I should also mention. On the entrance road to the right of the Ramada is a historical graveyard site. I will throw a picture in for you to take a look at what I am talking about. The Ramada is the building to the left. All in all it was clean and I slept great.

• Liked — Quiet and Peacefull
  • Disliked — Ice Machine to far away.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Louisville, KY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2008

I arrived Thursday evening in Franklin, TN, for a horse show. I was to show Friday, Sat. and Sun. I had a reservation at Ramada Inn. When I arrived, the clerk informed me I had no reservation. My trainer had made the reservation and had talked to this particular clerk. I reminded him of that conversation. He then admitted that I had had a reservation, but he said it had been canceled that morning. I asked by whom. He said he didn't know. Since the reservation was in my name only I could have canceled it and I had not talked to the hotel. He said he was sorry, but he had no rooms. There was not a room to be had in Franklin except at a hotel that charged $179/ night. I told him Ramada should pay the difference since my room at the Ramada was $79/night. He said they would not do that and that we could go round and round about this but nothing would change. I had no room and that was that. Therefore, I drove back to Louisville and lost my vanning, stall and entry fees which had been prepaid for the show, not to mention the gas I wasted. The clerk was arrogant and rude and totally unwilling to do anything to correct HIS mistake.

Stayed April 2008

Been to Ramada Franklin Cool Springs? Share your experiences!