“Sammons for the Dogs” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Fast Food
Butler, TN
“Sammons for the Dogs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Best hot dogs ever! With chili and cheese and onions..oh my!
Lemonade? Fabulous!
Curly fries? Can't eat just one
Great place for a quick bite to fill you up

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Spring Hill, Tennessee
“Try a Sammon's Slaw-dog!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

For several years as my wife and I would drive into her hometown, Elizabethton, TN, we would pass Sammon’s and she would exclaim, “they have the best slaw dogs…they are SO GOOD!” And then on the way out of town we would bemoan that we did not have time to stop on this trip! Finally, after 6 ½ years of visits to Elizabethton, I made sure to make a visit to the Home of the Original Sammons hot dog! This year over the 4t of July, Fall Break and home for Christmas, I made time to savor some of the succulent hot dogs. Sammon’s is set up as a drive thru/walk up establishment, so environment is not the draw! One may order a hot dog, as is with any of the traditional condiments, or for a few cents more may add chili, kraut or slaw (1.69). On each of my recent visits, I enjoyed a couple of hot dogs with slaw. These lovely little handheld meals are lightly steamed to soft perfection. Enough to satisfy, but certainly not enough to ruin a family meal later in the day!! Be sure to also try a real ‘hand squeezed’ lemonade to wash it down. These are the real deal, not the ballpark/theme park instant version, you will remember it just like your granny used to make each summer when you were a kid!! Sammon’s is ONLY located in Elizabethon, TN, but if you are near Johnson City for a visit to ETSU, attending a race at Bristol or on your way to Boone, NC via the back roads, take a moment in E-town to find Sammon’s, you will be pleased!!

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tennessee
“Be the best at what you do”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

If you want good hot dogs and lemonade, a fantastic milk shake, drive thru at Sammons on Hwy 19E going toward Roan Mtn, or on Hwy 67, just as you enter Elizabethton from Johnson City. There is outside seating for picnic style eating. The hot dogs are what I will affectionately call a Southern boiled dog. The chili is simple meat and seasoning, and every Wednesday they are 99c all day. The lemonade and Iced Tea are Southern too! great homemade lemonade and strawberry lemonade. Both versions have real fruit/lemons and/or strawberries. The milkshakes are some of the best around, with the picks being chocolate or peanut butter for our bunch. How much do I love Sammons hot dogs?? It's what we had for my lunch on my 50th birthday!! HOT DOGS AND LEMONADE IN AUGUST, WHAT COULD BE BETTER! They are closed on Sunday and some holidays.