“Fun ride all the way!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Watauga Kayak provides guided Whitewater Rafting trips for families, groups, teens, couples, and small children. We also offer guided River and Lake Kayaking trips, guided cave trips. We are locally owned and operated.
Dallas, Texas
“Fun ride all the way!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

It was a real fun with our Grant.. this was my 1st time experience and enjoyed it we went through rapids....

Elgin, Illinois
“Watauga Kayak Rafting Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Took a rafting trip with Watauga Kayak and thoroughly enjoyed it. Teresa and John in the office were very fun and helpful. Our guide Grant was the best! He made the trip down the river informative and fun and he guided us through the rapids expertly. He was also very flexible and willing to accommodate what we wanted to see and do and took some great pictures for us too. The surroundings were beautiful and it was a nice family outing for us to do.

Greenville, North Carolina
“Absolutely incredible trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

There were four in our party,ages 59 to 75, the oldest had been "popped out" on a previous rafting adventure in NC and two had never rafted before. The detail to safety was unsurpassed. The trip was thoroughly enjoyed by all.Grant took his time and we felt like our enjoyment was his priority. Extremely courteous and knowledgeable.

Chesterton, Indiana, United States
“Awesome, Awesome, and oh, did I mention Awesome?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My dad and I came down to Elizabethton for our usual trip to see family and take in the beautiful sights that Eastern Tennessee has to offer. How we didn't discover this place before is beyond me. I really don't know where to begin on writing a review for this place, because everything was just great. I guess to start off, the staff of this company were absolutely incredible. Nothing but polite and courteous the whole time we were there. Our tour guide Joseph was very considerate of our enjoyment and safety the whole trip and made it a fun experience for everyone. From someone who has never been water rafting, this was a great starter trip for me and I would love to do it again, maybe even something more challenging. My Grandmother, who doesn't like being around open water, or any water as far as I know, said she loved it and would do it again. The fact the pictures were free, and they supplied a waterproof camera was a huge plus as well. These guys just have it down to the T on how to treat out of towners like me and father or locals like my grandparents and aunt with the upmost respect and courtesy. Thank you Theresea, Joey, John and I'm sure many others for making sure you guys are the best around town for fun and adventure!

White Lake, Michigan
“Family Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

After a short ride to Wilbur Dam, where the river starts, to the rafting trip to the Watauga Kayak home office is a mild and scenic trip down the Watauga River. There is little "White Water" as the river flow is controlled by the Dam, but it was perfect for our family group of 10 ranging from 4 years old. There were a couple of experienced rafters in the group but they all enjoyed the trip. Our guide made sure we got a little wet by steering us into the small "holes" in the river that created some turbulence and consequently some water splash, but nothing to make the young ones afraid. Pictures were taken along the way that were included in the cost so that no one had to bring a camera that they might drop in the river. Part way thru the trip we stopped for water and snacks (also included in the price) which let everyone get out and stretch their legs and the guides took a few more Pictures. We then finished the rafting trip back to the home office for the end of a very pleasant afternoon. This trip was part of our 1st family reunion in 10 years, so it will be fondly remembered as a very enjoyable part of our time together.

Visited May 2013