“Awesome, Awesome, and oh, did I mention Awesome?” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Watauga Kayak provides guided Whitewater Rafting trips for families, groups, teens, couples, and small children. We also offer guided River and Lake Kayaking trips, guided cave trips. We are locally owned and operated.
Chesterton, Indiana, United States
“Awesome, Awesome, and oh, did I mention Awesome?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My dad and I came down to Elizabethton for our usual trip to see family and take in the beautiful sights that Eastern Tennessee has to offer. How we didn't discover this place before is beyond me. I really don't know where to begin on writing a review for this place, because everything was just great. I guess to start off, the staff of this company were absolutely incredible. Nothing but polite and courteous the whole time we were there. Our tour guide Joseph was very considerate of our enjoyment and safety the whole trip and made it a fun experience for everyone. From someone who has never been water rafting, this was a great starter trip for me and I would love to do it again, maybe even something more challenging. My Grandmother, who doesn't like being around open water, or any water as far as I know, said she loved it and would do it again. The fact the pictures were free, and they supplied a waterproof camera was a huge plus as well. These guys just have it down to the T on how to treat out of towners like me and father or locals like my grandparents and aunt with the upmost respect and courtesy. Thank you Theresea, Joey, John and I'm sure many others for making sure you guys are the best around town for fun and adventure!

Visited August 2013

White Lake, Michigan
“Family Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

After a short ride to Wilbur Dam, where the river starts, to the rafting trip to the Watauga Kayak home office is a mild and scenic trip down the Watauga River. There is little "White Water" as the river flow is controlled by the Dam, but it was perfect for our family group of 10 ranging from 4 years old. There were a couple of experienced rafters in the group but they all enjoyed the trip. Our guide made sure we got a little wet by steering us into the small "holes" in the river that created some turbulence and consequently some water splash, but nothing to make the young ones afraid. Pictures were taken along the way that were included in the cost so that no one had to bring a camera that they might drop in the river. Part way thru the trip we stopped for water and snacks (also included in the price) which let everyone get out and stretch their legs and the guides took a few more Pictures. We then finished the rafting trip back to the home office for the end of a very pleasant afternoon. This trip was part of our 1st family reunion in 10 years, so it will be fondly remembered as a very enjoyable part of our time together.

Visited May 2013
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Definitely Worth It!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This was a great way to spend time with family. It was fun and the staff were hospitable. The scenery was amazing. It is definitely something I would want to do again. Special thanks to Theresa and Grant!

Johnson City, Tennessee
“Amazing... simply amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was the first time I have ever been whitewater rafting but will NOT be the last. Our guide (Teresa) was wonderful and very knowledgeable of the history of the area. It was well worth the $39 we paid for over 2 hours on the river. We will definitely be doing this again....SOON!

Visited July 2013
“Best $39 dollars I have spent this year.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

This was such a pleasureable way to spend an sfternoon. Great fun for all the family. I highly recomend this to anyone we ho is in the area. I can't wait to go back and do it again.